Sustain Alpha allergic respose

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone had any allergic response to sustain Alpha? I was fortunate enough to be sent one of the sample bottles in their giveaway awhile back. when i first started using it i noticed an immediate response in the plumpness of my testicles (had recently dropped off of a TRT program) and a better sense of libido. I didn't finish off the sample as things seemed to be normalizing. I then had a plateau and decided to finish off the bottle.

Well my entire thigh area, inside of my calvse and lower buttocks broke out in hives which have remained for several days after stopping the Alpha again. i even had to go see my Dr since id was itching so much i was scratching to the point of bleeding. Benadryl didn't help nor did otcf Cortaid creams so had to get some scripts to handle it. I was concerned that it might be another of my supplements so stopped everything for over a week and very carefully started adding them in. all seemed ok so I went ahead and tried the Alpha again yesterday, after a shower I used 3 pumps, one on each thigh and one on the scrotum. massive breakout again last night. Washed it all off this morning and applied yhe goo the Dr proscribed to reduce the itch etc.

Has anyone had this experience? is there a specific ingredient that might be the most likely culprit or in conjunction with another supplement?

I do pretty much a full spectrum of vit/min/herbals, the full line of applied nutracueticals and life Cycle by AI.

I recently (a moth ago) added some sleep supps - 5-HTP, Valerian, Tryp etc.

Any thoughts on one of these interacting in a negative way with alpha?

I liked what it seemed to be doing but now can't use it. It was a free sample so I can't complain about the cost or anything just this new development

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There seems to be an issue with about 1-2% of the customers and it seems mostly related to climate differences. [overly dry or overly humid environments]

The guys that have had issues have had luck with applying a moisturizing lotion after applying the topical product.

Also, are you rubbing the product in well and allowing it to dry completely before applying clothes? Foreign irritants (detergents) may be getting carried into the skin and causing a problem.

Of course there could be a slim chance that you are allergic to something… but more often than not it’s a climate issue.

-Pp

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Well I live in denver so definitely very dry climate.

I do rub it in and wait to dry before dressing as I have a mildly hairy set of legs so I wait to dry befote dressing ( I actaully use a blow dryer to hasten the drying off while I do my meager hair on the head...LOL).

It is just a dissapointment since the first few time I didn't have this response.

blind12

blind12

Awards
Well my entire thigh area, inside of my calvse and lower buttocks broke out in hives which have remained for several days after stopping the Alpha again.
Same here and I have 2 bottles :puppy_dog_eyes:

No special climate... lotions don't make a difference.

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Same here and I have 2 bottles :puppy_dog_eyes:

No special climate... lotions don't make a difference.
How long did you use it before it happened? (total days of consecutive application)

Flyboy

Flyboy

Awards
  • Established
i got this problem with the older formula... and I had used it for months before.

On trying the new formula (well actually not the new one anymore... the version before they changed into the different bottles) I also got irritation after a few days use.

Oddly enough I found certain areas I could apply it without a problem, mainly my lower back, stomach and butt. So I carried on like that... Now I can apply it anywhere without getting the irritation.

I have no explanation for that.. .and it was definitely the sustain causing me issues, as every time i dropped it the problem went away.

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I dont see a batch number on any of my bottles. I see a lot number on one old pump bottle, and a lot number on one new type bottle. The other bottles dont have a lot or batch number that I can see. Where should i look and is there a correlation with batch and irritation?

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I dont see a batch number on any of my bottles. I see a lot number on one old pump bottle, and a lot number on one new type bottle. The other bottles dont have a lot or batch number that I can see. Where should i look and is there a correlation with batch and irritation?

Yes, sorry, I meant lot #.

New lot #’s are usually less likely to cause issues. As in, a 6.1 is less likely to cause an issue as a 4.0 series.

-Eric

blind12

blind12

Awards
Oddly enough I found certain areas I could apply it without a problem, mainly my lower back, stomach and butt. So I carried on like that... Now I can apply it anywhere without getting the irritation.
Thx, now my butt itches like crazy ;)
I wonder if what you did could be called desenzitation...

Anyway, mine is version 5.6, exp 12-2010, new bottle.

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Thx, now my butt itches like crazy ;)
I wonder if what you did could be called desenzitation...

Anyway, mine is version 5.6, exp 12-2010, new bottle.
I think what we have to keep in is; this isnt "vaseline" or "lubriderm" or some feminine itch cream, this is a product designed for men and men only. Im sure you can return it if it doesnt work for you.

fromkrypton

fromkrypton

Awards
I've used the new formula of Sustain (new bottle) with some skin issues as well. I get itchy as all hell in some spots on my upper back and shoulders where I apply. I even get some small dry red areas. What worked for me was a hydrocortisone cream applied before bed. Oh, and I live in dry, dry Montana.

I wish I didn't have that side. . . .I love me some Sustain!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry to hear that some of you guys are having sensitivity/reaction issues with the Sustain Alpha. These type of issues can vary greatly in people overall with topically applied products, but please err of the side of caution if your experiencing severe issues consistent with topical dermatitis.

Eric did make a good point that the carrier itself can also deliver potential allergens (whatever they may be) into the skin itself. This is another reason why we recommend a very good exfoilation prior to application, as well as allowing ample time to fully dry with each new application.

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Its frustrating, the product works great but this side really sucks. I didnt get any itching until after 42 days of continuous use and a cold snap in the weather which produced extreme indoor dryness. So Ive taken a break, used lotion applications etc. it worked great for the longest time, hopefully it will again. Everybody gets dry skin in the winter.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its frustrating, the product works great but this side really sucks. I didnt get any itching until after 42 days of continuous use and a cold snap in the weather which produced extreme indoor dryness. So Ive taken a break, used lotion applications etc. it worked great for the longest time, hopefully it will again. Everybody gets dry skin in the winter.
What type of lotion are you using? It is tough in the winter to maintain sufficient skin hydration and moisuture.

Are you getting actual hives (urticaria) with application, or areas of erythema (redness) with itching?

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
No hives here, its classic winter "dry skin" compounded by sensitivity to detergents, soaps etc. plus my stack. I ended my 1-T stack cycle, started using oral Tween 80 Resveratrol and Lubriderm sensitive skin lotion, changed bath soap etc. If I had used the 5 on, 2 off protocol it probably wouldnt have been so severe. Anyway its resolving, and have been using Sustain for 2 dys with no increase in irritation. Im in Pct and need it.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No hives here, its classic winter "dry skin" compounded by sensitivity to detergents, soaps etc. plus my stack. I ended my 1-T stack cycle, started using oral Tween 80 Resveratrol and Lubriderm sensitive skin lotion, changed bath soap etc. If I had used the 5 on, 2 off protocol it probably wouldnt have been so severe. Anyway its resolving, and have been using Sustain for 2 dys with no increase in irritation. Im in Pct and need it.
I look forward to seeing the results of your efforts here.

Good luck, and if there is anything i can help you with, just let me know.

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Thanks and if needed, I will let you know.

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I want to add that irish spring type soaps can exacerbate this type of thing, particularly in the winter. Anyone with the same problems should take the same steps to resolve this issue and that includes discontinuance of TD's as well as observance of the 5/2 protocol.JMO

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I want to add that irish spring type soaps can exacerbate this type of thing, particularly in the winter. Anyone with the same problems should take the same steps to resolve this issue and that includes discontinuance of TD's as well as observance of the 5/2 protocol.JMO
I have the EXACT same type of reaction with irish spring soap myself. I'm in total agreement on skin maintenance/hydration. While our transdermal bases are designed to hydrate the skin in addition to compound delivery, some outside factors like you've described (I.e. winter month drying effects) can definitely require some additional interventions to maintain healthy and supple skin.

Thanks for sharing your concerns and advice, knowbull. :)