PP sustain alpha 10 day sample mini review

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.96%

Thumbs up PP sustain alpha 10 day sample mini review

ok, I got the 10 day sustain alpha sample a while back and have been too lazy to put up the review.
    So here it goes: I really noticed the increased libido waking up in the morning, and a generally increased sense of well-being. I'm 19 years old and it worked for me, so I would say it's pretty good.
    Thanks for the sample primordial!

2. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Good to know it can raise a 19 yo's libido even higher For some morning fun, have some coconut oil pre-bed, huge morning wood.

I also hear the formula is quite moisturizing and smells great, would you agree?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.96%

definitely quite moisturizing, and yes, I even liked the smell, although it was a bit herbal still. coconut oil you say?
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.7%

coconut oil?!! really? why? whats the reasoning there?
  5. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by gettingully1 View Post
    coconut oil?!! really? why? whats the reasoning there?
    Saturated fats have been suggested is some studies (So far there haven't been any well-designed studies on this exact issue) to increase testosterone levels (Fats in general tends to do this, esp. saturated fats). I've personally taken 1 tbsp of coconut oil pre-bed, and the difference is noticeable. Not only do you have a stronger wood in the morning, but I find myself with a better libido/mood. Definitely give it a try; unrefined coconut oil has more health properties, but refined coconut oil still works I find.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.24%

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Saturated fats have been suggested is some studies (So far there haven't been any well-designed studies on this exact issue) to increase testosterone levels (Fats in general tends to do this, esp. saturated fats). I've personally taken 1 tbsp of coconut oil pre-bed, and the difference is noticeable. Not only do you have a stronger wood in the morning, but I find myself with a better libido/mood. Definitely give it a try; unrefined coconut oil has more health properties, but refined coconut oil still works I find.
    That sounds amazing, wish there was some way to guage the accuracy of this. Placebo effects and confounding bias are very difficult to remove from human nature. Ever consider doing some blood tests to ascertain the effects?
  7. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%

Quote Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
    That sounds amazing, wish there was some way to guage the accuracy of this. Placebo effects and confounding bias are very difficult to remove from human nature. Ever consider doing some blood tests to ascertain the effects?
    In a perfect world it would have been done. I know PP has done several supported bloodwork to show the effects, EasyJL from AM had a great improvement on it. Before & after blood tests from a superdrol cycle

I did some bloodwork on Divanil, and noticed a rise in Free T, although the before bloodwork was a few months beforehand. I want to do my 4th year thesis project on a study between saturated fats and T levels however there isn't the opportunity at my university.
  8. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Well, since dafox said it, I'll say it too, I've been meaning to write up something about sustain, but Ive been too lazy, too busy, too preoccupied, take your pick. But, once I caught his little review, I figured I would throw my 2 cents in too. First off, Im twice his age, and I got the same results. I noticed an overall mood and slight energy elevation, and I was AMAZED, thats right, AMAZED at the libido boost, especially in the am, even in the first couple of days. I was extremely skeptical, not because I doubt primordial, but because lately, so many things have been too good to be true, but I have to say, my mind is changed. I will be honest, sustain is too expensive for my wallet to use everyday, all the time, Im just a blue collar working man, but I am keeping my eyes open and my fingers crossed that good old nutra will have a sale, so I can stock up on it to use as part of a pct. I think its absolutely perfect for that time frame when boosting is essential, and it should rock in that department. Of course, if I could afford it, I would probably use it all the time, maybe even while on cycle, to see if it could prevent and/or at least minimize shutdown to some extent. Oh, and one last thing, I hated the smell, maybe Im just senstative, herbal, musky, orangey, whatever, I didnt like it at all, however, this did not stop me from using it, and to be honest, as good as it worked for the libido boost, if it smelled like dog****, I would still use it during pct.
    PHF Anabolic Trinity Epistane, Trenavar, and Mentabolan - Available Now!!
    Celtic Labs-Trestobol, HaloMass, Celitren, Ostabal and more Available Now!!
    PHF Rep/Celtic labs

9. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.62%

In a perfect world it would have been done. I know PP has done several supported bloodwork to show the effects, EasyJL from AM had a great improvement on it. Before & after blood tests from a superdrol cycle

I did some bloodwork on Divanil, and noticed a rise in Free T, although the before bloodwork was a few months beforehand. I want to do my 4th year thesis project on a study between saturated fats and T levels however there isn't the opportunity at my university.
    Before you do, you might want to iron out whether the agent is the saturated fats themselves or the cholesterol that so often accompanies concentrated sources of saturated fat. Coconut oil would be a good way to control for this since it is almost pure saturated fat and yet supplies no cholesterol. If it does not do much to hormone levels, that would be a strong indication that it is not the saturated fat so much as the cholesterol. In which case, bring on the beef tallow.
  10. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%

Quote Originally Posted by EIC View Post
    Before you do, you might want to iron out whether the agent is the saturated fats themselves or the cholesterol that so often accompanies concentrated sources of saturated fat. Coconut oil would be a good way to control for this since it is almost pure saturated fat and yet supplies no cholesterol. If it does not do much to hormone levels, that would be a strong indication that it is not the saturated fat so much as the cholesterol. In which case, bring on the beef tallow.
    Exactly my thinking, but I'm having trouble finding a researcher of steroidgenesis at my University, however I'm sending feelers out. There does seem to be considerable research done in this field, and this question has probably been adressed however I've only skimmed the literature.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.21%

Someone suggested that Sustain Alpha is a steroid to me recently? Does anyone know what makes a product a steroid and what exactly is Sustain Alpha classified as (hormone, steroid etc). Yes I am not a chemist hence why I am asking.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

could you PM me with that study? all of a sudden, i realize why i feel so much better when i get in 3 cups of half and half in the morning. when i run out, or go a morning without, i just don't feel as good. thanks in advance steveoph.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.62%

Quote Originally Posted by shyguava View Post
    Someone suggested that Sustain Alpha is a steroid to me recently? Does anyone know what makes a product a steroid and what exactly is Sustain Alpha classified as (hormone, steroid etc). Yes I am not a chemist hence why I am asking.
    Assuming the product contains only what the label says (and this is a very safe assumption, IMO), then Sustain Alpha is not a steroid or a hormone. Generally speaking, steroids provide an exogenous source of anabolic hormones, which will eventually suppress the body's own production of hormones.

Generally speaking, prohormones provide exogenous hormones that, once in the body, require a one- or two-step conversion to become the target anabolic hormones.

I am generalizing here quite a bit, but the common theme is that these products--steroids and prohormones--provide an exogenous source of hormones.

Sustain Alpha does not contain any hormones; rather it simply provides substances that enhance your own natural product of hormones. The advantage is that there is really no concern about suppression or other sides; the disadvantage is that they won't provide the same dramatic increases in anabolic hormones.
  14. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%

Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    could you PM me with that study? all of a sudden, i realize why i feel so much better when i get in 3 cups of half and half in the morning. when i run out, or go a morning without, i just don't feel as good. thanks in advance steveoph.
    It is actually a bunch of different studies that linked saturated fat intake to increased testosterone levels. One sec, searching for them. The original article that piqued my interest was T-Nation.com | Saturated Fat: Killer or Testosterone Booster? , and see study 10 . r=0.77

10. Volek JS, Kraemer WJ, Bush JA, Incledon T, Boetes M. Testosterone and cortisol in relationship to dietary nutrients and resistance exercise. J Appl Physiol 1997;82:49-54.

So beware of having too much of a good thing. Volek et al(10) conducted a similar study in which they compared the dietary records and blood tests of 12 men with at least one year of weight training. The researchers found significant correlations between Testosterone levels and total and saturated fat intake.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.62%

It is actually a bunch of different studies that linked saturated fat intake to increased testosterone levels. One sec, searching for them. The original article that piqued my interest was T-Nation.com | Saturated Fat: Killer or Testosterone Booster? , and see study 10 . r=0.77

10. Volek JS, Kraemer WJ, Bush JA, Incledon T, Boetes M. Testosterone and cortisol in relationship to dietary nutrients and resistance exercise. J Appl Physiol 1997;82:49-54.
    Ah, T-Nation doesn't know what the **** they are talking about with nutrition. They used to preach that you must avoid saturated fat and should eat a lot of fruit, and now we know that saturated fat is actually quite beneficial and that fructose is the devil. But instead of coming out and saying, "Wow, we were, are, and always will be dead wrong," they try and patch it: "Turns out that some saturated fat is good, and too much fruit is bad. So add a little saturated fat and cut back a little on fruit." Such bull****.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Mini-Review of Blackberry Focus XT Sample
    By Resolve in forum Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2010, 08:34 PM
  2. Anabolic Innovations Motivate Sample Review/Mini Log
    By zb126 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 11:04 PM
  3. Anabolic Innovations Motivate Sample Review/Mini Log
    By zb126 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0