Endo amp and toco 8 concern

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I trust Primordial because I know Eric is a great guy but I had to raise this...

Toco 8 and EndoAmp use the same scooper, both say they have 60 scoops in each but they are clearly different sized containers. The whole Density thing holds NO weight because it is clear that the two do not hold the same volume and the label claims they have the same volume. Toco 8 seems to be going fast and I doubt there are 60 scoops in it...

I HATE to ask this about a company and an owner who I respect so much but maybe you can explain the reason here in the open and save yourself from being asked by a less sympathetic board member out to attack rather than question.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
toco9

serving size 630mg
servings per container 60
total weight per container: 37800mg

endoamp
serving size 1600mg
servings per container 30
total weight per container 48000mg

I can't understand why you would say density has nothing to do with it, it has everything to do with it. Also, I don't see where the company promises a certain volume, other than they give you a predefined "1 serving scoop", which should be equivalent to the serving by weight.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok let me explain...

30 x 2 = 60

So they should have the same scoops...forget weight we are talking VOLUME so density means NOTHING. 10cc of air and 10cc of lead have the same volume, wieght and density mean nothing.

Lets imagine the scoop is 2cc (just a rough guess). Each container should have 120cc with thios made up number. One could weight 100 pounds one could be 2ounces and that fact does not change.

Since the sizes are different and they are filled the same but both supposedly have the same number of scoops we are left with a logical improbablity (I wont say impossible because Eric always finds a way to do the impossible and make it possible).

I respect primordial but I have to get their feedback and hopefully they can fix my logic and prove I am just an idiot because I don't think they would do anything like this on purpose.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What I am saying is a CC is a CC is a CC... Density means nothing.

They dose by volume not by weight (since a "scoop" is a unit or measure in this discussion), maybe a new smaller scopp is needed for Toco8 ect...

Awards
jonnyq's post show each uses a different serving size....... see how much a scope has in and adjust.....

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
jonnyq's post show each uses a different serving size....... see how much a scope has in and adjust.....
No it doesn't show anything...

They use the SAME scooper and each is 1.25cc so there should be 60x1.25cc.

One of us is clearly not understanding, could be me but it just seems so simple.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
I have no interest in defending them, I'm just trying to understand what your issue, and I think I do now.

The issue is the scoop isn't tailored exactly to the serving size, although its probably pretty close (if one says rounded scoop, and one says level, than that would be the difference).

You are right in thinking if one has 60 scoops as 60 servings, the other should as well, but they have different densities and obviously the scoop size isn't exactly the same. Its possible that scoop is as close as they can come to the weight of a serving.

Curious what primordial will say, but I'm not so inclined to think its a big deal myself, especially if they define how full the scoop should be differently for each container. Not sure, but hope you get the answer you are looking for.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah honestly, I really respect Primordial. I have known Eric through these boards for years but I think it's fair to ask this because toco8 seems to go MUCH faster and is much smaller by volume.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I had the opposite, my Endo went much faster than the T8, so now Im just adjusting my doses so I will run out at the same time, its a minor prroblem, Im still way happy with the product.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I had the opposite, my Endo went much faster than the T8, so now Im just adjusting my doses so I will run out at the same time, its a minor prroblem, Im still way happy with the product.
No man we went over this haha...Endo is SUPPOSED to go 2 times faster you should not adjust dosage because if so you are dosing one of them wrong. i am saying in comparison it is going too fast, meaning much faster than label claims... sorry haha

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Im just going to dose 1 scoop each and see how that goes, any way it works well.

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
As simple as this sounds...
I've recieved supplements with the wrong scoopers before. I've even ordered the same exact product multiple times and recieved a scoop in one that was at least twice the size of the rest. I can see (especially when both products are made by the same manufacturer) where they could have put the same scooper in your t8 & ea when thet should have been different. NO company is beyond this. I've had missing/incorrect scoopers from a number of companies.
...just a possibility.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've recieved supplements with the wrong scoopers before. I've even ordered the same exact product multiple times and recieved a scoop in one that was at least twice the size of the rest. I can see (especially when both products are made by the same manufacturer) where they could have put the same scooper in your t8 & ea when thet should have been different. NO company is beyond this. I've had missing/incorrect scoopers from a number of companies.
...just a possibility.
No they even have said they are both supposed to be the same size... I am sure Eric will explain it and make it all Kosher once again.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
...just a possibility.
I agree, this has happened before with weight gainer products, However I think I have the correct size scoop, what ever way Im dosing it, its having the desired effect, and Im on day 27,

EIC

EIC

Awards
I trust Primordial because I know Eric is a great guy but I had to raise this...

Toco 8 and EndoAmp use the same scooper, both say they have 60 scoops in each but they are clearly different sized containers. The whole Density thing holds NO weight because it is clear that the two do not hold the same volume and the label claims they have the same volume. Toco 8 seems to be going fast and I doubt there are 60 scoops in it...

I HATE to ask this about a company and an owner who I respect so much but maybe you can explain the reason here in the open and save yourself from being asked by a less sympathetic board member out to attack rather than question.
I think density does matter. The "grains" of Toco-8 are clearly smaller than those in EndoAmp. This means that there is more air in the can of EndoAmp than Toco-8, since the grains of Toco-8 can fit more uniformly and densely. Think of putting rocks versus sand in a jar; you are going to get a lot more sand in the jar than you would rocks. This is what's happening with Toco-8 vs. EndoAmp, just on a smaller scale. I have not noticed any disparity in when the two products run out.

For what it's worth, I "pack" each scoop of EndoAmp, but do not "pack" the Toco-8.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Sorry for the discrepancy on this.

You don’t want to pack the Toco-8. Your scoops should be scoops that are lightly leveled off. Shaking the powder off works well for this.

The Toco-8 powder is very fluffy and light so it’s important that you dose it without packing it into the scoop, whereas the dense EndoAmp fills up a leveled scoop the same weight everytime since it cant really be “packed”.

-Pp

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
See a logical answer! Awsome! I have been packing it like crazy and even having it be a little over filled.

Thank you!

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I just level off the scoop with the handle of another one or a knife. Ive made one can of each last a month this seems to be a good proper dose of each. Now that Im loaded Im going to experiment with the doses of each, I prefer to use 2 scoops of the T8 and 1 scoop of the Endo adjusting to make each last for daily administration. Great products!