fact or crap

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.66%

fact or crap

I was at the local vitamin place the other day, when the guy working the counter starts talking about working out. What are my best lifts, etc., etc. Anyway, he tells me that if I want to get stronger, he can help. I figure a juice pitch is next.

Instead, he tells me that about 20 years ago, at a weight of 175 lbs, he benched 350 for 15 reps, and squatted 650 for 10 reps. I'm no expert, but both of those seem excessive. A 2x body weight bench is more than lots of people get for a 1RM, same with a 4x squat. I'm also having trouble imagining someone with the aerobic capacity to do 10 reps @ 650.

Oh, and the juice push never came...instead, he started talking about tyrosine and arganine...

Toby

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

well...either hes more full of **** than a politician with a full load in his pants or he was juicing. im 230 lbs and the most i ever did at 350 on the bench was 4 and the most squat i ever did over 500lbs was for 2. the only people ive ever seen do lots of reps on squat at that weight have been in WSM. i saw pudzianowski do a modified version of the squat at 1,100 lbs for 16 reps at Mohegan Sun. that was the year they delayed the competition because he was on too much juice...don't believe him.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16%

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    well...either hes more full of **** than a politician with a full load in his pants or he was juicing. im 230 lbs and the most i ever did at 350 on the bench was 4 and the most squat i ever did over 500lbs was for 2. the only people ive ever seen do lots of reps on squat at that weight have been in WSM. i saw pudzianowski do a modified version of the squat at 1,100 lbs for 16 reps at Mohegan Sun. that was the year they delayed the competition because he was on too much juice...don't believe him.
    Pudz is not that great of a squatter when you talk about good squatters in the world today. But basically because he does not need to be. The weights were bull****. That would make him the best squatter in history, thier are tons and tons of rediculously strong guys out their no one has heard of,, but that is a little much.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.44%

Quote Originally Posted by jcp2 View Post
    Pudz is not that great of a squatter when you talk about good squatters in the world today. But basically because he does not need to be. The weights were bull****. That would make him the best squatter in history, thier are tons and tons of rediculously strong guys out their no one has heard of,, but that is a little much.
    o no doubt theres probably better squatters..and like i said it was a modified squat. im sure somewhere out there..a beast is lurking...just thats as much as i've ever seen in person.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16%

YouTube - John Bernor GymLift Squat 720 x 5 RAW

Here you go, this is a friend of mine. He is one of the top 308'ers in the world and a youth minister in long island. One of the best human being you will ever meet, and one of the strongeste, lol. No belt or wraps.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.44%

thats crazy...he must have an icredibly strong back and knees....that'll put the fear of god in you.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.16%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pr9JD9QG7jo

Here you go, this is a friend of mine. He is one of the top 308'ers in the world and a youth minister in long island. One of the best human being you will ever meet, and one of the strongeste, lol. No belt or wraps.
    whoa. nice.
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.73%

[QUOTE=jcp2;1434595]YouTube - John Bernor GymLift Squat 720 x 5 RAW

QUOTE]

That's sick bro.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pr9JD9QG7jo

i was yelling at my screen as i was watching that.

inspirational.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Kimbo Fact
    By xigotmailx in forum MMA
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-21-2011, 01:01 AM
  2. Fact: Nutraplanet Is The Best.
    By capnsavem in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 03:58 PM
  3. Cre-02 fact panel
    By CTDeuce in forum Millennium Sport Technologies