fact or crap

TobyJ

Awards
I was at the local vitamin place the other day, when the guy working the counter starts talking about working out. What are my best lifts, etc., etc. Anyway, he tells me that if I want to get stronger, he can help. I figure a juice pitch is next.

Instead, he tells me that about 20 years ago, at a weight of 175 lbs, he benched 350 for 15 reps, and squatted 650 for 10 reps. I'm no expert, but both of those seem excessive. A 2x body weight bench is more than lots of people get for a 1RM, same with a 4x squat. I'm also having trouble imagining someone with the aerobic capacity to do 10 reps @ 650.

Oh, and the juice push never came...instead, he started talking about tyrosine and arganine...

Toby

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
well...either hes more full of **** than a politician with a full load in his pants or he was juicing. im 230 lbs and the most i ever did at 350 on the bench was 4 and the most squat i ever did over 500lbs was for 2. the only people ive ever seen do lots of reps on squat at that weight have been in WSM. i saw pudzianowski do a modified version of the squat at 1,100 lbs for 16 reps at Mohegan Sun. that was the year they delayed the competition because he was on too much juice...don't believe him.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
well...either hes more full of **** than a politician with a full load in his pants or he was juicing. im 230 lbs and the most i ever did at 350 on the bench was 4 and the most squat i ever did over 500lbs was for 2. the only people ive ever seen do lots of reps on squat at that weight have been in WSM. i saw pudzianowski do a modified version of the squat at 1,100 lbs for 16 reps at Mohegan Sun. that was the year they delayed the competition because he was on too much juice...don't believe him.
Pudz is not that great of a squatter when you talk about good squatters in the world today. But basically because he does not need to be. The weights were bullshit. That would make him the best squatter in history, thier are tons and tons of rediculously strong guys out their no one has heard of,, but that is a little much.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
Pudz is not that great of a squatter when you talk about good squatters in the world today. But basically because he does not need to be. The weights were bullshit. That would make him the best squatter in history, thier are tons and tons of rediculously strong guys out their no one has heard of,, but that is a little much.
o no doubt theres probably better squatters..and like i said it was a modified squat. im sure somewhere out there..a beast is lurking...just thats as much as i've ever seen in person.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
thats crazy...he must have an icredibly strong back and knees....that'll put the fear of god in you.