Help on Homemade Equipment

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
So I am feeling a little board with my current gym and the equipment they have, so Pmiller is going to Home Depot! I am going to try and make :
Weight Releasers
A prowler
Possible DB swing handle / Pin DeadLift handle that rotates.

Anyhow I got two questions for the guys here, first does anyone know how wide the hole in an Olympic Plate is, I believe 50mm but if anyone has a ruler and plate to verify that would be sweet. Next anyone else got any other good ideas on stuff to make? Down the line I am going to make a fore arm roller and sled, who knows maybe even a GHR....

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if you are welding your own sled together, add a few extra posts to turn it into a prowler type...
like this:
Search eBay for this: "DRAGGING OR PUSHING SLED POWERLIFTING STRONGMAN !!!"

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
btw, i think the bar is 23mm. ~2". The plate hole will be slightly larger.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Well thanks to my homemade weight releasers i got kicked out of my gym today. Manager told me I couldn't bring anything in anymore, No Bands No Chains No sweet home made releasers (which I understand with the releasers)

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you have access to a welder you could make a T-bar machine.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Im about to just man up and drop like 5 grand at elite and just lift at home. I wish I had a garage to build a gym in, maybe I should just really man up and move to Columbus....

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
come train in my garage in edinboro... about a 1.5hr commute everyday...

also, we are getting pretty close to getting kicked out of Golds... i hate commercial gyms... but really???? what were you hurting?

and my girlfriend says: gbhtsbgbgftrsbhtg tbhgrabgrbgtr vfrbgrBGR

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
come train in my garage in edinboro... about a 1.5hr commute everyday...

also, we are getting pretty close to getting kicked out of Golds... i hate commercial gyms... but really???? what were you hurting?

and my girlfriend says: gbhtsbgbgftrsbhtg tbhgrabgrbgtr vfrbgrBGR
Right back at her I guess lol

keyrock24

keyrock24

Awards
You can make your own power rack .I got the plans for making a power rack that also included a lat pull down , low pulley row ,t-bar row and calf raise attachments for $15.95 from GettinHuge.com .I have not made it yet ,instead I bought a combination bench -squat rack with a leg curl ,leg extension and preacher curl attachments .It has safety catches which eliminates the need for a spot on my squats and benches .The safety catches has helped me great deal since I can push my self harder since I train at home alone .You can buy a power rack with optional safety catches plus use the safety pins also for pin pull deads and use them in place of the safety catches when squating in the rack and benching in the rack .If you do not want to build your own .I would highly recommend buying a power rack along with a good bench .I bought my Golds Gym XRS20 bench at Wal-Mart for $134.95 .It was one of the best investments I have ever made .I still want to build my own power rack or just buy a basic power rack and add accessories as I can afford them .If you are planning on spending $5000 ,buying a power rack and bench would well fit in your budget with money left over for other equipment such as a lat pull down attachment for a power rack .I want to get a tread mill so I can do my cardio when the weather does not permit me to go outside for my cardio .In addition to the above naturally you will need a good set of Olympic weights and dumbells with plenty of extra plates for both the barbell and dumb bells .If you build your own power rack that I suggested you will also need extra plates for the optional attachments that you can add to it also .Working out at home has its advantages and disadvantages .I have my equipment in my living room since I have a rather large living room .I just find it more convenient to workout in my living room since my music equipment ,Tv and PC are near by .It makes it a lot more comfortable to listen to my music while I workout plus with PC and desk nearby I can keep-up my workout log easier .I have quite bit of info downloaded about all the different exercises for all the body parts that I reference quite often when changing some of the exercises from time to time so my routine does not get stale and or too boring doing the same old routine all the time .The the kitchen is nearby also if I need some water or a during workout drink .Like I said working out at home has its advantages depending on how creative a person can be .I made my own tricep and lat pull down by using some Woody's stretch bands that I bought to use to help me with my bench and squats .They will come in more handy when I add a power rack to my home gym ..I improvised my own reverse-hypers by placing my feet underneath one of the leg curl attachment bars and laying on the preacher curl attachment .

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what the hell is the enter key?

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
So I am feeling a little board with my current gym and the equipment they have, so Pmiller is going to Home Depot! I am going to try and make :
Weight Releasers
A prowler
Possible DB swing handle / Pin DeadLift handle that rotates.

Anyhow I got two questions for the guys here, first does anyone know how wide the hole in an Olympic Plate is, I believe 50mm but if anyone has a ruler and plate to verify that would be sweet. Next anyone else got any other good ideas on stuff to make? Down the line I am going to make a fore arm roller and sled, who knows maybe even a GHR....
you might want to drop Kabuki a PM, i believe he made his own "prowler" if I remember the post correctly.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Im about to just man up and drop like 5 grand at elite and just lift at home. I wish I had a garage to build a gym in, maybe I should just really man up and move to Columbus....
Thats where I live!!!!....well about 10 minutes away.