Texas a&m powerlifting

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Anyone here do college Powerlifting? im thinking about powerlifting at texas a&m in 149-152 weight class.

Genetic79

Genetic79

Awards
Yep, If you ever powerlifted your gonna love the meets. Some of those powerlifting chicks are fine ass hell. You got some thundermooses running around also thou. I competed in the Super heavyweight class......282 lbs baby. You don't know how much eating it took me to get there. Running 20 yards made me feel like I had crackhead asthma. But I was strong as hell, and I believe thats what helped me with my size now.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Some of those powerlifting chicks are fine ass hell.
There's this one girl that goes to my gym that's a power lifter. You couldn't tell by looking at her, but she throws some serious weight around.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Do it Tex, PLifting workouts IMO are a lot more entertaining and do burn you out like a typical bodybuilding workout. Plus a school like A&M probably has some sick equipment for training.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
yeah i was looking at their records and for my weight i already would have bench by 10LBS.

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
Some of those powerlifting chicks are fine ass hell.

That's no joke. I was watching a girl throw at a Scottish Highland Games event this weekend that was freakin' hot.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
yeah form is A OK. i powerlifted junior year in highschool

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
at psu the team has their own gym which is a big plus! Nationals were in Denver this year too.

ACSlayer

Awards
Hey man, I am about to graduate from A&M this summer. Nice to see a fellow Aggie! Do you work out at the rec?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i dont even go there yet haha. i just graduated highschool. but im going to be going there

ACSlayer

Awards
Nice...your going to love it. It doesn't get any better than Texas girls. Period. I work out at Gold's, your going to find the rec horribly crowded at all hours. Do you have orientation/fish camp this summer, it's a nice way to grab some numbers and meet people so you can dive right in once you move down. Freshman year was probably my most fun year (though every single one was awesome), but there are going to be tons of free frat parties open for recruitment. So, just tell them you are interested in joining and drink the free beer, then just don't show up during rush.

P.S....I worked out at the coloseum a bunch Freshman and Sophomore year with my friend in the Power Lifting club. Those guys are no joke, so if you want a serious, focused environment for growth...then join. You don't even have to compete to work out or be a member.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
texas girls are freakin awesome you got that! yeah im planning on doing the powerlifting club. if i was to go up there and go down to my wrestling weight i would have some records up there. SO tell me this...should i bring a car, or is it pointless?

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i wish i would have gotten into something like that... damnit

ACSlayer

Awards
texas girls are freakin awesome you got that! yeah im planning on doing the powerlifting club. if i was to go up there and go down to my wrestling weight i would have some records up there. SO tell me this...should i bring a car, or is it pointless?
I have had a car with me all four years and I am EXTREMELY glad I had it. Think about it, you don't want to be "trapped" on campus. Especially since none of the parties will actually occur on campus, you will have friends living off campus, and you don't want to be arranging your rides all the time. Do you want to take a girl on a date? Your Huffy only seats one.The bus requires you to leave like an hour (sometimes longer) before you want to be anywhere. In College Station, you will likely want to hop around alot. So, yes... I think you will be very glad you brought it with you.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
yeah my parent arent trying to tell me i dont need it cuz of the public transportation

Genetic79

Genetic79

Awards
They come in handy with booty calls to.....it'll be kinda hard to get to a chicks house waiting on the bus.