OXSPORTZ MECHANICAL OX | Check this thing out... - AnabolicMinds.com

OXSPORTZ MECHANICAL OX | Check this thing out...

Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

OXSPORTZ MECHANICAL OX | Check this thing out...

Link to their website: oxsportz

It is a machine that will allow you to do a deadlift and a squat at the same time as well as a deadlift and a good morning at the same time.

The Mech Ox is the most advanced piece of strength training equipment on the market. It is the ONLY machine that allows the lifter to push(the squat) and pull (the dead) at the same time. This causes greater CNS and muscle fiber recruitment, which in turn will make your athletes faster and stronger, in less time, than with conventional weight tranining methods. And with this patented design, there is less chance for injury.
    SQUAT/DEAD OR GM/RDL!
    CALL 336-403-6101 OR 336-306-4775 FOR PRICING

Here is Lee Howard's (PT, PhD, ATC, CSCS) explanation of why we have seen athletes get stronger in just ONE training session:

"1) Synchronizes extensor mechanism at the hips. The deadlift pulls you forward and the squat pushes you forward creating what would appear to be a neurological quandary. I have to believe that this supercharges you for the shift back to the deadlift. This would seem to hold true as long as you could accelerate through this "deadsquat" exercise.

2) More motor recruitment equals greater strength/power gains. Since the pattern of motion for both exercises are similar (same) it still follows specificity principles of training. I think this is one of the reasons for carryover.

3) The squat bar raises your center of mass (balance point where all forces are said to be acting) increasing the difficulty of the exercise. When you return to the deadlift the overall center of mass is lower resulting in greater efficiency with the pull."
    Last edited by borobulker; 06-23-2008 at 10:34 AM.
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //

Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

Wow, Thats just scary, I want one!
    Muscle Pharm Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    Wow, Thats just scary, I want one!

did you watch the videos?
    •   

It is definately nice looks like it would be good on the lower back, not as much back problems.
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

Cool. Needs a lever to allow a solitary lifter to release the pin, but I would love to give it a go!
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

squat doesn't go anywhere near parallel and on the deadlift part the weight is not over the center of the feet (center of gravity). the deadlift bar is a few inches away from the lifters body making for a very inefficient deadlift.

PLUS its not a free weight exercise. the benefits of a squat are that you have to actually hold the weight up, with this machine you might as well be doing half squats in a smith machine.
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by cable626 View Post
    squat doesn't go anywhere near parallel and on the deadlift part the weight is not over the center of the feet (center of gravity). the deadlift bar is a few inches away from the lifters body making for a very inefficient deadlift.

PLUS its not a free weight exercise. the benefits of a squat are that you have to actually hold the weight up, with this machine you might as well be doing half squats in a smith machine.
    your right, what does Chris "Ox" Mason know?

nice observations though
    Last edited by borobulker; 06-24-2008 at 03:15 PM.
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    your right, what does Chris "Ox" Mason know?

nice observations though
    don't get me wrong bro, ox is a pro, but how many pro bodybuilders have we seen sell out to muscletech to make some money.

seems to me that people have trouble performing ONE of the lifts correctly, now you want them to do 2 at the same time?
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.

i hear what your saying totally. i think this is to be used as assistance work, as are high squats, etc.

i think it would be a great addition to any strength based gym...
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

I def wouldn't do heavy ass weight on this, I'd def use this for reps though. it looks way akward. seems as if u can't dead correctly, at least I like to keep the bar close and squats with a low bar-very low.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---

Similar Forum Threads

1. What's the last thing you ate??
    By SouthernCharm in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1080
    Last Post: 02-22-2012, 09:42 AM
  2. Powerlifting with a mechanical aortic valve
    By METAL VIPER in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 01:42 PM
  3. Barry Bonds Mechanical Advantage
    By Tattooed76 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 04:24 PM
  4. I did a stupid thing with a close thing.
    By x_muscle in forum General Chat
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-11-2006, 10:36 PM
  5. The Next Big Thing in K-1
    By Rodja in forum MMA
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 09:52 AM