Bench Press over 400lbs?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. New Member
    Hard Knox's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    224
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    61.01%

    Bench Press over 400lbs?


    I'm currently up to 365lbs and was wondering how many of you guys are pushing 400 and up. Also those who are do you have any tips on certain lifts besides bench to dramatically increase bench? I've got a good amount of experience but also a 77 inch reach which makes bench a little tougher for me.

  2. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,740
    Rep Power
    1317331
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    29.61%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Google Westside training.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  3. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11682
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    420 and i found the more I worked back the better my bench came up. I also found that after 385ish, my body didn't tolerate breaks in training too well.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    Hard Knox's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    224
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    61.01%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    420 and i found the more I worked back the better my bench came up. I also found that after 385ish, my body didn't tolerate breaks in training too well.


    Nice, any special back lift in particular? Also what does your ordinary bench routine look like as far as weight, sets, and reps?
  5. Professional Member
    pmiller383's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,005
    Rep Power
    2671
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    75.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Westside basics will definitely help you get up there, using chains and bands will really train you to use more force and will bring your numbers up. Rows and pulldowns are good lifts for your back because it increases strength in your stabilizing muscles and helps give you a strong stretch reflex off of your chest. Other things to really work with are your triceps and delts. Lifts such as dips, military press, floor press, etc will all carryover into your bench. Just keep at it and you will get up there, I have been around 405 for a while now and I am hoping to hit 415 in the next couple weeks.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  6. Banned
    Cub's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    930
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    64.45%

    Focus on your weaknesses and your bench will come up. As pmiller suggests, you need to keep developing the foundation. Heavy lat and tri work will be beneficial. I'd look into board presses too.
  7. New Member
    Hard Knox's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    224
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    61.01%

    Good info so far guys thanks.
  8. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11682
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Didn't really focus on anything other than how I felt. Always did three full working 6-8 rep sets and took a about a 3-5 minute break and came back with 1-3 rep sets for two sets of a weight I could work with... First set was to determine that.

    Unfortunately no real method as i was more focused on making sure I didn't blow something out in the process. So I would just work with weights and sets that felt 'good'.
  9. New Member
    Hard Knox's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    224
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    61.01%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Didn't really focus on anything other than how I felt. Always did three full working 6-8 rep sets and took a about a 3-5 minute break and came back with 1-3 rep sets for two sets of a weight I could work with... First set was to determine that.

    Unfortunately no real method as i was more focused on making sure I didn't blow something out in the process. So I would just work with weights and sets that felt 'good'.


    Im on the same page, I pretty much do lifts that feel right in order to keep from blowing a shoulder. Also my flat bench workout is exactly like yours. 295x7 295x6 315x4 325x3
  10. New Member
    Lene28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    118
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    96.98%

    Pmiller is right go Westside! Heavy Lats and Tris, rotate board presses, floor presses, bands, and chains. My best bench is 425 @ 195 and i'm 22.
  11. Banned
    Cub's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    930
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    64.45%

    Look into Metal Militia benching too. This is me in all my fatness back in March. I love the bench!

    My lifts at the Pro King of the Bench 2008 (Video)
  12. New Member
    Hard Knox's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    224
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    61.01%

    Quote Originally Posted by Cub View Post
    Look into Metal Militia benching too. This is me in all my fatness back in March. I love the bench!

    My lifts at the Pro King of the Bench 2008 (Video)

    Ur a stud! Do you use the same foot placement when you workout?
  13. Senior Member
    Ziquor's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,583
    Rep Power
    1377
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    68.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Cub View Post
    Look into Metal Militia benching too. This is me in all my fatness back in March. I love the bench!

    My lifts at the Pro King of the Bench 2008 (Video)
    528 & 572 - that's just crazy.
  14. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Usf97j4x4's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    657
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    87.08%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Train your RC's... you'll see a solid improvement in bench in a relatively short time.
  15. New Member
    Hard Knox's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    224
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    61.01%

    Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    Train your RC's... you'll see a solid improvement in bench in a relatively short time.

    Can you be more specific?
  16. New Member
    Sean Katterle's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    89
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    47.87%

    Here's a link to an interview with 4 x Arnold Classic bench champion, Ryan Kennelly, on how to get your raw bench from 315lbs to 405lbs. (Since you're at 365lbs currently, you can just jump in at that point in the extended training cycle.)

    http://www.hardcorepowerlifting.com/...page=blast.htm
  17. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,503
    Rep Power
    1097382
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    I hit 425 about 10 years ago, the only thing that allowed me to keep improving was close grip benching. THe more weight I did there the better my bench was.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  18. Advanced Member
    jcp2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    38
    Posts
    862
    Rep Power
    578
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    16.5%

    I hung around 400 for years as i was lifting in a shirt that time. I started to lift for my raw for a few months and put about 20 or 30 lbs on it with a comp pause. I can tell you westside did not work at all. the best thing i did for it was a program i got from a Canadian national thrower. it was basically you start low and do 8 singles that either have to stay at the same weight or increase so my first workout was this 345, 345, 345, 345, 350, 350, 350, 350. Then next week you have to start where you left off, so it was 350. After your 8 singles you do 5x5 at 80% of your last rep. I did these touch and go and the singles paused. I am 6'3 with long arms. My problem is i keep tweaking my pec at the bottom. I was lifting flat footed, but am going back to arching with tucked feet to see if i can take some strain of my pec.

    I did that workout for 8 weeks or so and it worked well, i think my last workout i hit 8 singles at 385, 390, 390, 395, 395, 400, 405, 410 and they were all pretty good. thery were all paused.


    Accessory work that always helped was pin presses of a few inches off my chest bottom up for sets of 5-8.
  19. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,684
    Rep Power
    10791
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    69.79%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    #1 rule for heavy benching : don't tear your pec

    like this guy
    <----------
  20. DO WORK!
    NickW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    531
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    67.14%

    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    #1 rule for heavy benching : don't tear your pec

    like this guy
    <----------
    Happens to the best of us brother, lol
  21. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,684
    Rep Power
    10791
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    69.79%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    damn, just did some backtracking and saw that you tore yours too. how bad brutha?
  22. DO WORK!
    NickW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    531
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    67.14%

    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    damn, just did some backtracking and saw that you tore yours too. how bad brutha?
    pec minor completely ruptured! Have torn both pecs a few times in the past. Making a comeback though, almost back to 100%!
  23. Professional Member
    Hank Vangut's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,734
    Rep Power
    1978
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    30.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    does your pectoral muscle look differently after a major tear like that? i would think it would change the shape somewhat.
    this is one injury i never want to have.
    you 400lb benchers are way stronger than me though!
  24. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,684
    Rep Power
    10791
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    69.79%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    mine looks slightly different but it's moving back slowly to where it used to be. only took me the first 8 times to realize i'm not a bencher, lol.

    let's examine the pattern, shall we?
    first (tear) - 505
    second (tear) - 465
    third (pull) - 425
    fourth (pull) - 405
    fifth (pull) - 365
    sixth (pull) - 170's (flat dumbbell)
    seventh (pull) - 285
    eighth (tear) - 385 (flat smith)

    the last one throws off the pattern but since it's smith we can't really use it too much.
  25. Advanced Member
    jcp2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    38
    Posts
    862
    Rep Power
    578
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    16.5%

    Jesus Beez i didn't know you had such good luck on the bench. Don't go hurting that new sexy body of yours, lol.
  26. New Member
    Hard Knox's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    224
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    61.01%

    Quote Originally Posted by jcp2 View Post
    I hung around 400 for years as i was lifting in a shirt that time. I started to lift for my raw for a few months and put about 20 or 30 lbs on it with a comp pause. I can tell you westside did not work at all. the best thing i did for it was a program i got from a Canadian national thrower. it was basically you start low and do 8 singles that either have to stay at the same weight or increase so my first workout was this 345, 345, 345, 345, 350, 350, 350, 350. Then next week you have to start where you left off, so it was 350. After your 8 singles you do 5x5 at 80% of your last rep. I did these touch and go and the singles paused. I am 6'3 with long arms. My problem is i keep tweaking my pec at the bottom. I was lifting flat footed, but am going back to arching with tucked feet to see if i can take some strain of my pec.

    I did that workout for 8 weeks or so and it worked well, i think my last workout i hit 8 singles at 385, 390, 390, 395, 395, 400, 405, 410 and they were all pretty good. thery were all paused.


    Accessory work that always helped was pin presses of a few inches off my chest bottom up for sets of 5-8.


    First off, thanks to all you guys for your input! I am always looking for more information in this game and I love it. This routine looks pretty good. So how much time between each rep? 2 min?
  27. Advanced Member
    jcp2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    38
    Posts
    862
    Rep Power
    578
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    16.5%

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Knox View Post
    First off, thanks to all you guys for your input! I am always looking for more information in this game and I love it. This routine looks pretty good. So how much time between each rep? 2 min?
    about, maybe less. The guy i did it with liked it as well, i think he hit 335 in comp at 165 raw after doing it and not benching for a year. He did a few weeks of warmup training before it.
  28. Board Supporter
    kjkriston's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Rep Power
    1623
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    71.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    425 @ 230lbs here. That was 2 weeks ago and my forearm splints have started again BAD! Every time I break 400 my forearms go to sh1t.
  29. New Member
    Harley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    130
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    55.71%

    I'm 41 and bench around 425 raw and around 650 with a bench shirt. Don't do as much raw anymore because of bad shoulders.

    Heavy board straight grip (shoulder width) bench *******s and paused benches with moderately heavy weights. Also reverse band presses and floor presses have helped me.
  30. New Member
    3PeteNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    179
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    23.27%

    Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    I'm 41 and bench around 425 raw and around 650 with a bench shirt. Don't do as much raw anymore because of bad shoulders.

    Heavy board straight grip (shoulder width) bench *******s and paused benches with moderately heavy weights. Also reverse band presses and floor presses have helped me.

    shirts help that much?!?!?! damn i never realized that
  31. New Member
    Harley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    130
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    55.71%

    Quote Originally Posted by 3PeteNC View Post
    shirts help that much?!?!?! damn i never realized that
    Carry-over from a shirt is relative to a lot of things. Some guys get 50-75lbs, some 100 or more, some 200 or more. I know some top shirt benchers who get 300-400+ over their raw bench.

    Don't assume that just by throwing on a shirt you're going to add 100 or 200 lbs to your bench. It takes a lot of technique development, and training different kinds of strength (mainly in the *******) to get a big shirt bench. First time I used one in competition it helped my by about 30lbs.

    Also, my raw bench is somewhat lower than it would be if I didn't have the shoulder injuries. The shirt helps neutralize that handicap by restricting and supporting the shoulder joint.

    Scott Mendleson has the world record raw bench at 715lbs. The shirted record held by Ryan Kenelly is 1050.
  32. New Member
    Hard Knox's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    224
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    61.01%

    Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    I'm 41 and bench around 425 raw and around 650 with a bench shirt. Don't do as much raw anymore because of bad shoulders.

    Heavy board straight grip (shoulder width) bench *******s and paused benches with moderately heavy weights. Also reverse band presses and floor presses have helped me.
    Thats impressive! I plan on looking like Paul Teutul when I'm his age so I need to watch the shoulders Ha Ha. Which lifts do you think caused the most damage to your shoulders?
  33. New Member
    Harley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    130
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    55.71%

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Knox View Post
    Thats impressive! I plan on looking like Paul Teutul when I'm his age so I need to watch the shoulders Ha Ha. Which lifts do you think caused the most damage to your shoulders?
    No question in my mind a big part of it was benching. But it was the way I was benching that was the problem, not the exercise itself.

    First, years ago I heavily favored bench and other pressing movements and really slacked on the lats, upper back and rear delts. This plays hell with the mechanics of your shoulder (the most unstable joint in your body) and throws them out of balance, causing rotator cuff issues, improper AC and GH articulation, and other things.

    Secondly, my form and technique was atrocious. The elbows-out, bar across the upper chest or nipple area places a lot of undue stress on the shoulder joint. People (formerly myself included) do it, at least in part, because they lack development in the areas I mentioned above. The lats, upper back and rear delts provide a proper base and powerful starting strength for the bench press. People who are underdeveloped in these areas tend to bench all front delts, pec and tris. But again over time this shoots the crap out of the shoulders, and makes one more prone to acute injuries as well.

    The bench press (raw) should start from a point lower on your torso. Either just below the pecs or at top of the first row of abs. The elbows should not be flared out at 90 degrees at the bottom, but more at a 45 degree angle to your body. Then as you press up about 1/2 way there is a transition point where the elbows should flare out and back a bit to *******. This is more biomechanically correct. It feels strange at first, but when you learn the technique it actually makes your bench stronger, as well as safer.
  34. New Member
    Hard Knox's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    224
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    61.01%

    Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    No question in my mind a big part of it was benching. But it was the way I was benching that was the problem, not the exercise itself.

    First, years ago I heavily favored bench and other pressing movements and really slacked on the lats, upper back and rear delts. This plays hell with the mechanics of your shoulder (the most unstable joint in your body) and throws them out of balance, causing rotator cuff issues, improper AC and GH articulation, and other things.

    Secondly, my form and technique was atrocious. The elbows-out, bar across the upper chest or nipple area places a lot of undue stress on the shoulder joint. People (formerly myself included) do it, at least in part, because they lack development in the areas I mentioned above. The lats, upper back and rear delts provide a proper base and powerful starting strength for the bench press. People who are underdeveloped in these areas tend to bench all front delts, pec and tris. But again over time this shoots the crap out of the shoulders, and makes one more prone to acute injuries as well.

    The bench press (raw) should start from a point lower on your abdomen. Either just below the pecs or at top of the first row of abs. The elbows should not be flared out at 90 degrees at the bottom, but more at a 45 degree angle to your body. Then as you press up about 1/2 way there is a transition point where the elbows should flare out and back a bit to *******. This is more biomechanically correct. It feels strange at first, but when you learn the technique it actually makes your bench stronger, as well as safer.

    That makes sense, I normally hit the lower pec with the bar and normally flat bench doesn't bother my shoulders. In the past though I've noticed that incline barbell, and cable crossovers when using too much weight have caused some inflamation so i cut out incline barbell and now do incline dumbell and don't go so deep on crossovers. Alot of times im hesitant to try new lifts because of the worry about tweaking the rotator cuffs.
  35. Professional Member
    CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,080
    Rep Power
    1638
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    39.36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    IMO I think it comes down to genetics and body structure when it comes to having a big bench. I have a sucky build for pressing, but I'll deadlift a ton.
  36. Banned
    Cub's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    930
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    64.45%

    True, to some extent. I have a huge benching ROM, but I still manage to do what some of the guys with short limbs and big bellies are pressing. My deadlift max is okay (280kg) but should be more considering the way I'm built. I guess, although genetics does play a part, it really does come down to how you train. The human body can adapt to anything.
  37. New Member
    3PeteNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    179
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    23.27%

    Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    Carry-over from a shirt is relative to a lot of things. Some guys get 50-75lbs, some 100 or more, some 200 or more. I know some top shirt benchers who get 300-400+ over their raw bench.

    Don't assume that just by throwing on a shirt you're going to add 100 or 200 lbs to your bench. It takes a lot of technique development, and training different kinds of strength (mainly in the *******) to get a big shirt bench. First time I used one in competition it helped my by about 30lbs.

    Also, my raw bench is somewhat lower than it would be if I didn't have the shoulder injuries. The shirt helps neutralize that handicap by restricting and supporting the shoulder joint.

    Scott Mendleson has the world record raw bench at 715lbs. The shirted record held by Ryan Kenelly is 1050.


    yea i figured as much, but i didn't think u could get over 100 lbs. thats sick, i used to powerlift and i used some crappy shirts and yea it may have helped by 30lbs if that. what can you do to really utilize the shirt?
  38. Banned
    Cub's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    930
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    64.45%

    Quote Originally Posted by 3PeteNC View Post
    what can you do to really utilize the shirt?
    Practise! I can get 170lbs out of my shirt. It's almost like a form of security when you're benching. It prevent things being torn (to a degree) and you'll feel safer going heavier.
  39. New Member
    Harley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    130
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    55.71%

    Quote Originally Posted by 3PeteNC View Post
    yea i figured as much, but i didn't think u could get over 100 lbs. thats sick, i used to powerlift and i used some crappy shirts and yea it may have helped by 30lbs if that. what can you do to really utilize the shirt?
    Cub nailed it... To hit big in a shirt you have to train, train, train in the shirt. It also helps to hook up with a training partner or two who know what they're doing. Westside and Metal Militia put out some good videos on the subject.
  40. Professional Member
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,065
    Rep Power
    2161
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    27.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    Scott Mendleson has the world record raw bench at 715lbs. The shirted record held by Ryan Kenelly is 1050.
    Kennelly has hit 1070 recently.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Bench Press Help
    By Swanson52 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-09-2013, 02:13 AM
  2. help with bench press?
    By craze123 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-21-2008, 10:08 PM
  3. NP T shirt Helped mY Bench too!400lbs for 12reps!
    By MrSkullCrusher in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-22-2006, 10:01 PM
  4. Do not bench press alone
    By HUGE in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 04:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in