Velocity Diet

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Im 23 6'3 and 245. Currently Im trying to cut weight using Recreate and Leviathan Reloaded. All I am concerned about now is strength. My current maxes are 335 bench, 415 squat and 445 dead. Im running this thru mid july and based on results may run it for another round. I was also looking to try the Velocity Diet, and wanted to know of peoples expering on this diet and or if it affected strength. thanks.....

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
You WILL lose strength.

Maybe not alot, but some, as your cals are so low.

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
even if i added anabolic pump to enhance the uptake of carbs. currently i burn 200+ calories on the treadmill every morning followed by two pslin and 100g carbs, then my workout. i havent been eating alot lately, but still i am making gains.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
even if i added anabolic pump to enhance the uptake of carbs. currently i burn 200+ calories on the treadmill every morning followed by two pslin and 100g carbs, then my workout. i havent been eating alot lately, but still i am making gains.

The velocity diet has your cals going VERY low...

I just don't think it's possible for a trained person, someone who is seasoned lifting weights to maintain all of there strength on the diet. Now if you'd never lifted a weight before, or were starting to lift again, you may be able to actually gain a little strength.

According to the velocity diet I would eat 1700 cals a day on non-WO days, and 1950 on WO days. There is no way....

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
i love t-nation and biotest and everything else related. the coaches they have are top notch but........ i could not drink all of my meals. no way, no how, nope. I have lost 20lbs in 2 months simply cleaning up my diet (almost all solid food, 1 intraworkout shake per training day), throwing some AP and Recreate in the mix and working my butt off at the gym...

you and i are pretty close in size so.... i dont know, i may think twice about it...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Whisky Weight Loss 10
Weight Loss 2
Weight Loss 1
Weight Loss 0
Rhyno Workout Logs 49