bench 585lbs for 20+ reps.

  1. bench 585lbs for 20+ reps.


    YouTube - 585 BENCH FOR 23 REPS!



    the guy doesnt even look that big. Looks easy for him. Pretty fckn good if you ask me.


  2. Repost. The weight is fake... it was a promo setup at a BB show.

  3. oh sorry. i will delete then.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    oh sorry. i will delete then.
    lol that was the AX booth at arnold this year. I walked pasted it, did a double take, then laughed. Sad part is this homo claims its real on youtuebe and deleted peoples comments who expose him.

  5. there's no way that guy can man handle those weights if they were real... and w/o a spotter

  6. Quote Originally Posted by DormantFiber View Post
    there's no way that guy can man handle those weights if they were real... and w/o a spotter
    theyre 13lbs each, cast aluminum. so its like 156lbs+the bar. MAYBE 200lbs total. Then again, it could be an aluminum bar too.

  7. I remember seeing another guy doing it last year when I walked by. Some people were so amazed.....they were also complete idiots.

  8. hahahahahhahah! no matter how strong a man is, he ain't gonna be able to hit that weight with that speed! that's ridiculous. oh yeah, i'm calling it fake! cause it is.

  9. I think I remember someone from AX saying it was around 265 which would still somewhat impressive if its true.

  10. thats a crappy way to promote products.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    thats a crappy way to promote products.

    Yeah holy crap!. Talk about deceptive advertising!.

  12. I really thought AX Retain made me strong enough to bench 585 78 times.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    thats a crappy way to promote products.
    I honestly think it's great. I would have liked to have been there and had a video/pic taken of me seemingly bench pressing hundreds of pounds 20+ times... just for ****s and giggles and a convo piece.

    Now, if they had a sign up next to the bench that said, "Take our sh!t and this is what you can do!" That would be crappy.

  14. haha i ****in freaked out watching this. i couldn't believe it. till i read it was fake. maybe some day... who knows, i'll just keep taking muscletech products and get there soon enough!

  15. It's hard for me to fathom that anyone would believe that kid could unrack 585, let alone bench it 22 times easily.

    It's not crappy advertising, just a little gimmick to get peoples attention. Not like they were trying to say "If you take our sh*t you'll be able to bench 585 for high reps."

  16. oh ok...thought they were using that as a supplement claim. I mean im sure they didnt say you could bench like this guy but maybe they said that is how the guy is able to do that, because he takes AX products.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    oh ok...thought they were using that as a supplement claim. I mean im sure they didnt say you could bench like this guy but maybe they said that is how the guy is able to do that, because he takes AX products.
    im pretty sure anyone who went to their both was allowed to try to bench it...it was merely an attraction!
    IronMagLabs Representative - Adrenolin15 = 15% OFF
    Bench Press 515x3, 315x21, 275x30, 225x43 || Squat 315x39 || Deads 405x33

  18. Haha. Thye should have been like, "here drink our new pre workout drink and then give it a go! See how many you can knock out"

    And does anyone here do all that weird stuff that he did before he unracked? Hes practically doing pullups under the bar. It looks ridiculous, thats not warming up.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Maverick60 View Post
    And does anyone here do all that weird stuff that he did before he unracked? Hes practically doing pullups under the bar. It looks ridiculous, thats not warming up.
    I do that right before I go real heavy to loosen the opposing muscle groups. Not sure if it works, but I read about it and started doing it....now its part of my routine

  20. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    I do that right before I go real heavy to loosen the opposing muscle groups. Not sure if it works, but I read about it and started doing it....now its part of my routine
    Ok. Just judging by your size, Id say you bench more than I do... So you can do whatever you want. lol. But wouldnt doing a proper warm up set or two loosen up any muscles that you might need while benching?

  21. Who's up for a group buy on those cast aluminum plates?
    The back is the antagonist muscle group to the chest and some say that you get better results or at least better pumps by doing this. I'm a delt presser so I have to squeeze my shoulder blades together and drive them back and down and hold that position while I bench. If I don't warm up my back a little it can cramp on me in the middle of a set.

  22. Yeah, it was just a gimmick to get people to come over and hang out at our booth. We had an offer where we would take your picture and send it to your email.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Maverick60 View Post
    Ok. Just judging by your size, Id say you bench more than I do... So you can do whatever you want. lol. But wouldnt doing a proper warm up set or two loosen up any muscles that you might need while benching?
    Yes...I still do warm up sets, but it just takes a second to do. I don't do the exagerrated motion that guy does, but I just do a couple of hard pulls down before I bench.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Maverick60 View Post
    Haha. Thye should have been like, "here drink our new pre workout drink and then give it a go! See how many you can knock out"

    And does anyone here do all that weird stuff that he did before he unracked? Hes practically doing pullups under the bar. It looks ridiculous, thats not warming up.

    i actually do that too. no real reason for me i just do it kinda to get pumped up for a big set.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-24-2009, 12:44 AM
  2. Tips for adding reps to Bench Press
    By hockeyroom28 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 03:53 PM
  3. Improving bench reps with 135 and bodyweight
    By Variocam in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-27-2008, 02:03 PM
  4. Bench Press full ROM vs. Partial reps
    By FitModel in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 11:31 PM
Log in
Log in