bench 585lbs for 20+ reps.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Repost. The weight is fake... it was a promo setup at a BB show.

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
oh sorry. i will delete then.
lol that was the AX booth at arnold this year. I walked pasted it, did a double take, then laughed. Sad part is this homo claims its real on youtuebe and deleted peoples comments who expose him.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
there's no way that guy can man handle those weights if they were real... and w/o a spotter

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
there's no way that guy can man handle those weights if they were real... and w/o a spotter
theyre 13lbs each, cast aluminum. so its like 156lbs+the bar. MAYBE 200lbs total. Then again, it could be an aluminum bar too.

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
I remember seeing another guy doing it last year when I walked by. Some people were so amazed.....they were also complete idiots.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
hahahahahhahah! no matter how strong a man is, he ain't gonna be able to hit that weight with that speed! that's ridiculous. oh yeah, i'm calling it fake! cause it is.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I think I remember someone from AX saying it was around 265 which would still somewhat impressive if its true.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I really thought AX Retain made me strong enough to bench 585 78 times.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
thats a crappy way to promote products.
I honestly think it's great. I would have liked to have been there and had a video/pic taken of me seemingly bench pressing hundreds of pounds 20+ times... just for shits and giggles and a convo piece.

Now, if they had a sign up next to the bench that said, "Take our sh!t and this is what you can do!" That would be crappy.

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
haha i ****in freaked out watching this. i couldn't believe it. till i read it was fake. maybe some day... who knows, i'll just keep taking muscletech products and get there soon enough!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
It's hard for me to fathom that anyone would believe that kid could unrack 585, let alone bench it 22 times easily.

It's not crappy advertising, just a little gimmick to get peoples attention. Not like they were trying to say "If you take our sh*t you'll be able to bench 585 for high reps."

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh ok...thought they were using that as a supplement claim. I mean im sure they didnt say you could bench like this guy but maybe they said that is how the guy is able to do that, because he takes AX products.

Adrenolin

Adrenolin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
oh ok...thought they were using that as a supplement claim. I mean im sure they didnt say you could bench like this guy but maybe they said that is how the guy is able to do that, because he takes AX products.
im pretty sure anyone who went to their both was allowed to try to bench it...it was merely an attraction!

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
Haha. Thye should have been like, "here drink our new pre workout drink and then give it a go! See how many you can knock out"

And does anyone here do all that weird stuff that he did before he unracked? Hes practically doing pullups under the bar. It looks ridiculous, thats not warming up.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
And does anyone here do all that weird stuff that he did before he unracked? Hes practically doing pullups under the bar. It looks ridiculous, thats not warming up.
I do that right before I go real heavy to loosen the opposing muscle groups. Not sure if it works, but I read about it and started doing it....now its part of my routine :)

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
I do that right before I go real heavy to loosen the opposing muscle groups. Not sure if it works, but I read about it and started doing it....now its part of my routine :)
Ok. Just judging by your size, Id say you bench more than I do... So you can do whatever you want. lol. But wouldnt doing a proper warm up set or two loosen up any muscles that you might need while benching?

FOOFAC

FOOFAC

Awards
  • Established
Who's up for a group buy on those cast aluminum plates?:toofunny:
The back is the antagonist muscle group to the chest and some say that you get better results or at least better pumps by doing this. I'm a delt presser so I have to squeeze my shoulder blades together and drive them back and down and hold that position while I bench. If I don't warm up my back a little it can cramp on me in the middle of a set.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, it was just a gimmick to get people to come over and hang out at our booth. We had an offer where we would take your picture and send it to your email.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Ok. Just judging by your size, Id say you bench more than I do... So you can do whatever you want. lol. But wouldnt doing a proper warm up set or two loosen up any muscles that you might need while benching?
Yes...I still do warm up sets, but it just takes a second to do. I don't do the exagerrated motion that guy does, but I just do a couple of hard pulls down before I bench.

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
Haha. Thye should have been like, "here drink our new pre workout drink and then give it a go! See how many you can knock out"

i actually do that too. no real reason for me i just do it kinda to get pumped up for a big set.