Broke Drug Free 242 World Record - and scary vid to boot

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Well before I do the write up lets summarize and say it was a good meet although I had a LOT MORE in me. I made some miscalculations and I’m happy to be walking away from the meet.

* Totaled 2150 which blew away the long standing APA 242 Drug Tested World Record total by 130lbs

* Best Lifter of Meet by formula

* Personal Record in Bench by 20lbs and Deadlift by 5lbs, and the squat would have been 50lbs if I was ¼” lower according to judges(???)

On to the good stuff.

This meet was very challenging for me. I did not have as much weight to cut (although I did it perfectly weighing in at 241.5 for the 3rd time straight) as the last time so I did not put a solid effort into the recomp. Couldn’t stay hydrated and was cramping and ended up throwing up before the deadlift. The meet went till 6pm and besides a light breakfast all I relied on during the day was a pbj, amino’s, and fruit. Couldn’t get much down at breakfast. I was definetly running on gas at the end of the meet.

SQUAT
This was the most challenging event for most at this meet as the judging was super strict. Only the raw lifters were able to get 3 whites by being able to get as deep as they were asking. Most squatters only got one lift in and I think one of the judges handed out less than 5 white lights out of the 30+lifts in my flight. It was crazy. Anyway they told me I was ¼” high, although a well respected judge in the audience told me there was no doubt about my lift, along with a lot of footage from some different angles that showed the same. They did pass several lifts that were higher than mine (including someone else that did 855) but mine was for a record attempt so I can’t blame them. I should have just stuffed it knowing they would be extra critical on mine. I knew what was going on and I didn’t sink it deep enough so I take responsibility for missing.

805 good
855 easy but miss

Bench
575 ugly but easy (did bench with bar not centered)
635 dropped on face. Shirt was to jacked for weight and rolled wrist trying to touch but rolled way to far. I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever do that again. My elbow is tweaked something fierce as well.
650 (might have been 655). Yes I came back and hit it!

A little puking before warmups as well as nearly passing out when I tried to pull some reps with 1+2 plates on bar. Stuck to singles after that.

Deadlift
640…uhhh speed pull maybe LOL
695 caught hand on suit and bar ripped me up something fierce when I lost it. Was bleeding all over the place.
695 taped up and a nice easy pull that felt like an opener

2300 is on the way.
[youtube]gtNW7pp77lY[/youtube]

Last edited:
kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
I really want to thank my sponsor USP Labs and also the support of GetDiesel in supplying me with product to sustain the level of training I do.

I was 10lbs away from breaking the NonTested Division record (and easily had the strength to do so.

Last edited:
T

thewrx

Awards
Those are some some awesome lifts, wish I could do half that. Congrats.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Damn you made that first dead look like it was nothing, Im jealous lol. Nice Work !

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Congrats, Kabuki. Glad you're OK, that obviously could've been bad.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Jesus H man that miss looked insane, glad you are fine though. Congratulations on the personal bests and insane intensity bro. So is the last meet for a while (since I know your cutting/recomping atm correct?) or do you just plan on kicking the irons ass at the same time as the fats? lol

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Amazing man! That 855 squat looked pretty good to me. Yikes on the 635 bench attempt. Great job by the spotters. Nice pulling too. Are you officially a sumo puller now for competitions?

Did Kennelly hit 1070 at this meet?

Hate4TheWeak

Hate4TheWeak

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Animal, fcking animal!!!! Nice work brother! repps

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Wow, truly amazing! I'm also glad your face/head is ok, that looked scary.

Congratulations, you're truly hardcore.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was 10lbs away from breaking the NonTested Division record (and easily had the strength to do so.
Inspirational Chris! Really, really proud to have you on the team as an example of dedication.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
That dropped bench press scared the hell out of me. Congrats on the success.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
thanks everyone!

my next meet is in 16 weeks so my 12 week cut allows me one month to stabalize at new weight. I will hit some bigger numbers at the 220lb class coming up.

Yes the Gorrilla benched 1070

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Wow, he really dwarfs you, and you're obviously not a small dude. His upper forearm might be 20 inches, wrists are as big as my upper forearm.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
:eek: Damn, Kennelly's gigantic. His arms must be 26''+.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
its insane when you see it in person.

his triceps flat look like they are starting to grow around his elbow. Considering most people think i compete in 275 when they see me he freakin dwarfs me. Just the muscle in his hands are insane.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I don't think theirs a person alive that could Kimura him.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Schoony? :lol:

Kabuki, why did you decide to move to 220?
Schoony would gas on his way to the ring. HMC might be able to, he could at least get his hands around those inhuman wrists.

Q

Quetzalcoatl

Awards
You are one strong dude kabuki, you look like you should be squatting in the lower to mid 900's.
GOD Kennelly is ridiculously huge--he's my hero!!!

J

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
Jesus, i never met Ryan, he makes you look really small, lol.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
its just something ya gotta see in person to really understand.

H

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Great work Kabuki - outstanding feats of strength. Major props to bouncing back after that missed bench. Most would call it a day... yet you come back only to increase the weight. Motivational, and inspirational to all of us!

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Great work Kabuki - outstanding feats of strength. Major props to bouncing back after that missed bench. Most would call it a day... yet you come back only to increase the weight. Motivational, and inspirational to all of us!
thanks man!

here is my last meet after cutting 20lbs of fat off.
2075 @ 220

YouTube - Meet total 2075 @ 220

Adrenolin

Adrenolin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dang you're incredibly strong, any idea what you bench raw?

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
dang you're incredibly strong, any idea what you bench raw?

i have not really trained my raw bench much so it has not really moved in a long time. I've got a few vids of when i've gone up a ways doing CG bench prior to putting the shirt on. I believe some mid 400's for tripples and 410x5

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
congrats dude. beast mode engaged!