My lifts at the Pro King of the Bench 2008 (Video)

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Cub, that was impressive my friend. Nice work!!
    yeah T1

    cub is a machine, knows his sh*t and is not a bad dude for an aussie!



  2. with Cubs permission, i am taking my laptop to the gym tonight to watch his videos prior to my max effort upper body training...


    jk but Cub is the man... :bb3:
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //

  3. Thanks boys! Getting tips from Boro's meal log so I can be as big as you two!
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by Cub View Post
    Thanks boys! Getting tips from Boro's meal log so I can be as big as you two!
    haha thanks buddy.

    PS - i nailed a 425x2 reverse avg band bench tonight. damnit.
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //

  5. Nice. I just watched Bigger, Stronger, Faster last night. Good to see some of the Westside boys on there. Have you trained with them before? I'd love to go for a bench session one day.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Cub View Post
    Nice. I just watched Bigger, Stronger, Faster last night. Good to see some of the Westside boys on there. Have you trained with them before? I'd love to go for a bench session one day.
    Its a good movie, informative for the general public.

    I have not trained at Westside Barbell although i am only 3 hours away from their facility.

    A few people i train with have made the "pilgrimage".
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //

  7. Quote Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    Its a good movie, informative for the general public.

    I have not trained at Westside Barbell although i am only 3 hours away from their facility.

    A few people i train with have made the "pilgrimage".
    We used to send videos in a few years ago so that Louie could critique our training and give us advice. One video in particular was me lifting out, another couple of guys spotting and my mate board pressing. Louie responded "Why does the guy lifting out have gyno? And you guys are too skinny and ALL need to double your dosage." I don't think he was too impressed!

    I'm so tempted to cross over to the darkside. I want to bench 600lbs first though. The stronger I get without assistance, the stronger I'll be when I jump on!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Cub View Post
    The stronger I get without assistance, the stronger I'll be when I jump on!
    What a hell of a quote. If only people would listen to that. nice!

    AND is Louie a practicing doctor now or what? Pharma Tech? Endocrinologist?
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //

  9. Quote Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    AND is Louie a practicing doctor now or what? Pharma Tech? Endocrinologist?
    Haha, could be

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Cub View Post
    Haha, could be
    He is the man, regardless.
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Cub View Post
    Louie responded "ALL need to double your dosage."
    Sorry, but thats a poor response. He seems, from his interviews, to be a big supporter of "assisted" lifting.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Sorry, but thats a poor response. He seems, from his interviews, to be a big supporter of "assisted" lifting.
    And obviously we looked like we needed extra assistance. If you're going to train and be the best you can, then gearing is required

  13. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Sorry, but thats a poor response. He seems, from his interviews, to be a big supporter of "assisted" lifting.
    That is kind of what i was getting to. BUT, he is in the position to make comments however he chooses...
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Cub View Post
    If you're going to train and be the best you can, then gearing is required
    Im sure we could run in circles debating the subject, regardless, in my humble opinion it is irresponsible for a perceived authority figure to be so cavalier about the use of steroids.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Im sure we could run in circles debating the subject, regardless, in my humble opinion it is irresponsible for a perceived authority figure to be so cavalier about the use of steroids.
    Gear; in reference topowerlifting can mean a few different things.
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //

  16. I was refering to the "double your dosage" comment

  17. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    I was refering to the "double your dosage" comment
    i 'gotcha' and i agree.
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //

  18. I competed again yesterday. I had no intention of benching and was only there to assist with the meet (suit handling, loading plates etc.) but was encouraged to bench by some fellow lifters, just for the fun of it. I'd already lent my soft suit to another lifter and I hadn't registered so whatever I benched wouldn't count as far as records go. I had not trained for this (I've only shirted up once since the pro bench) and had no idea what would happen when I got under the bar. I ended up getting a 10kg/22lb PR, benching 250kg! (550lbs) BUT I missed 260kg AGAIN! I nearly dropped it on my face Unfortunately I don't have any video footage but I will hopefully have a few pictures to put up when they're emailed to me. Another comp is coming up in 8 weeks. I better bench 260kg at this comp or else I will cry.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Cub View Post
    I competed again yesterday. I had no intention of benching and was only there to assist with the meet (suit handling, loading plates etc.) but was encouraged to bench by some fellow lifters, just for the fun of it. I'd already lent my soft suit to another lifter and I hadn't registered so whatever I benched wouldn't count as far as records go. I had not trained for this (I've only shirted up once since the pro bench) and had no idea what would happen when I got under the bar. I ended up getting a 10kg/22lb PR, benching 250kg! (550lbs) BUT I missed 260kg AGAIN! I nearly dropped it on my face Unfortunately I don't have any video footage but I will hopefully have a few pictures to put up when they're emailed to me. Another comp is coming up in 8 weeks. I better bench 260kg at this comp or else I will cry.
    Great work man!

    260kg is the brick wall huh?
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //

  20. Quote Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    Great work man!

    260kg is the brick wall huh?
    Thanks mate! Yes, unfortunately I'm stuck at 260kg. Twice it has broken me! I'm alright as far as my training goes for this next comp, but I don't know what to do diet-wise. I'm trying to prevent my body fat from creeping up again by cutting carbs (cereals, breads, starchy carbs etc.) after lunch. I'll see what impact it has on my strength. I train at night so may consider throwing in 250grams or so of sweet potato an hour before I train. I'm sure I will be hitting you up for some opinions in the near future. I want to be 110kg (245lbs) by new year but must keep the mud down!

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Cub View Post
    BUT I missed 260kg AGAIN! I nearly dropped it on my face Unfortunately I don't have any video footage but I will hopefully have a few pictures to put up when they're emailed to me. Another comp is coming up in 8 weeks. I better bench 260kg at this comp or else I will cry.
    Bench it or not, but DO NOT drop it on your face or else we will cry

  22. Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    Bench it or not, but DO NOT drop it on your face or else we will cry
    At my funeral! Lucky the spotters are quick at ESP. I can't wait to get the photos. Apparently I look pretty squashed! My mate squatted 415kg, drug-free. It's a new Australian record. He's a big boy!

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Cub View Post
    Thanks mate! Yes, unfortunately I'm stuck at 260kg. Twice it has broken me! I'm alright as far as my training goes for this next comp, but I don't know what to do diet-wise. I'm trying to prevent my body fat from creeping up again by cutting carbs (cereals, breads, starchy carbs etc.) after lunch. I'll see what impact it has on my strength. I train at night so may consider throwing in 250grams or so of sweet potato an hour before I train. I'm sure I will be hitting you up for some opinions in the near future. I want to be 110kg (245lbs) by new year but must keep the mud down!
    This sounds like a shallow rep but you may consider adding AP or Pslin to your carb layout to inhibit adipose gain... If you need anything, 'holler at me'
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //

  24. awesome lifts cub, damn impressive
    TEAM GET DIESEL

    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM
    Like us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Cub View Post
    I better bench 260kg at this comp or else I will cry cos im a lil b*tch from Melbourne.
    thanks for being honest cub

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    thanks for being honest cub
    Haha! You're a maggot!

  27. Quote Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    This sounds like a shallow rep but you may consider adding AP or Pslin to your carb layout to inhibit adipose gain... If you need anything, 'holler at me'
    Yeah, I've been using AP for a few months (3-4 a day) and I feel it has prevented the body fat increase I had last time I was bulking up. Good stuff!

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Cub View Post
    At my funeral! Lucky the spotters are quick at ESP. I can't wait to get the photos. Apparently I look pretty squashed! My mate squatted 415kg, drug-free. It's a new Australian record. He's a big boy!
    Lucky indeed !

    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

    ps. make sure you watch the whole video

  29. nice lifts

  30. I'd like to kick eminem in the balls

  31. Very impressive brother!!!

  32. Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    Damn man thats some awesome weight especially at only 22...

    Again props bro.
    Ditto. Well done!

  33. what do you mean by formula? nice fraekin lifts looks scary
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Not really a powerlifter but heres my max bench video.
    By Konvicted in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 02:24 AM
  2. *VIDEO* 500lbs Bench Press RAW
    By MrSkullCrusher in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12-21-2006, 08:52 PM
  3. WFA King of the Streets Countdown Video
    By Beowulf in forum MMA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-15-2006, 09:38 PM
  4. Finally HIT 600lbs on Bench!*Video*
    By MrSkullCrusher in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-13-2006, 01:09 PM
Log in
Log in