WORLDS STRONGEST BENCHER 585 for 23 reps

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Not sure what you actually thought about that vid, but that guy can probably bench 225x10 on a good day.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That was a gimmick we did at the AX booth during the Arnold: get your picture taken benching "585lbs". That's classic these kids are posting it up on Youtube.

The plates are made of aluminum, and only weigh about 17lbs. The whole thing weighs just under 250lbs. The record was 35 reps, made by one of the Arnold Classic competators. Guy was a BEAST.

MEH89

MEH89

Awards
  • Established
I just don't see the point of it. But the best thing is the comments on youtube people are so dumb. If that guy on the video did it 23 times, and it just under 250. Even though some of them where half reps, he is still pretty strong. I wonder what he would actually max?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It was pretty funny watching everyone's reaction watching these people benching 12 plates. Sure kept the crowds hanging around the AX booth. And those comments left on Youtube.....those were being exclaimed out loud at the ASC.... so like I said, it was hilarious. :)

This is one of my more favorite pics:

She must be on steroids, too.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
That was a gimmick we did at the AX booth during the Arnold: get your picture taken benching "585lbs". That's classic these kids are posting it up on Youtube.

The plates are made of aluminum, and only weigh about 17lbs. The whole thing weighs just under 250lbs. The record was 35 reps, made by one of the Arnold Classic competators. Guy was a BEAST.
Sorry, I have a really hard time believing that guy did 250, 22 times that easily. I call absolute BS, not appeniv bruv.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
250x22 isn't too hard to believe it's not that much weight for someone who spends good amount of time in the gym

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
haha it was funny watching the pic of the guy doing it then seein the girl close grip pressin it....haha.

Nice job at keepin the mood light AX. :clap2:

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, I have a really hard time believing that guy did 250, 22 times that easily. I call absolute BS, not appeniv bruv.
He's an idiot (doing partial reps and using suicide grip), but he's not a small dude. It's not that hard to do 22 at 250 if you're doing 1/2 of the motion.

I hope no one in here does bench like that....:banned:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
He's an idiot (doing partial reps and using suicide grip), but he's not a small dude. It's not that hard to do 22 at 250 if you're doing 1/2 of the motion.

I hope no one in here does bench like that....:banned:
True, it just looked really light in his hands, and he didn't look very big. Maybe I was just hating because of his disgusting ponytail.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
You tend to hate somewhat excessively. I bet that dude is around 230 unless he's a munchkin. The ponytail is not cool.

MEH89

MEH89

Awards
  • Established
The guys looks to be about 6 foot, and about 210 MAX. He has a more of an athletic look than bodybuilder. If he could bench 405, which is not very uncommon. Then I am sure he could get 23 half reps with 250. But it does look really light in his hands.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
good call on spotting the ponytail, i missed it the first time i watched this. i guess it makes his form look less ugly by comparison

cool idea by AX though, as I am sure it attracted a lot of people

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
lol did you see how he paused at around 19 and had the bar lying flat on his chest lol total bs...He didnt even appear to be winded and his form / half repping was simply horrendous!!!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
You tend to hate somewhat excessively. I bet that dude is around 230 unless he's a munchkin. The ponytail is not cool.
You're right, I'll try to tone down the hating a little. I thought you were down with the hatred? Whenever I give people the benefit of the doubt, I'm usually proved wrong, thus the hating.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
You're right, I'll try to tone down the hating a little. I thought you were down with the hatred? Whenever I give people the benefit of the doubt, I'm usually proved wrong, thus the hating.
I'm confused today. The ponytail means that you should intensify the hate. Please hate on me for not recognizing this. :sad: I'm a hobbit. :think:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'm confused today. The ponytail means that you should intensify the hate. Please hate on me for not recognizing this. :sad: I'm a hobbit. :think:
Normally I'd definitely turn up the heat on the hatred meter, but you're my friend:whiner: and you told me to chill. That last sentence was far gayer than that fag's ponytail.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Oh cool, I've felt really close to you too :run:

Please ban me now.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
For you guys that don't know, that is Jas in his avatar, gazing at me lustingly:blink: Sometimes we like to sandwich Mulletsoldier:twisted:

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Yes the comments people are leaving on youtube are hilarious. Everyone is in shock and thinks it's the most amazing thing they have every seen.

Sadly when I clicked this link I was expecting to be astonished by some "real" heavy lifting.

MEH89

MEH89

Awards
  • Established
Yes the comments people are leaving on youtube are hilarious. Everyone is in shock and thinks it's the most amazing thing they have every seen.

Sadly when I clicked this link I was expecting to be astonished by some "real" heavy lifting.
Jeremy Hoornstra is a great raw bencher. 675 touch and go flat, Incline 605. I think he did skull crushers with 315 for like 8.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Jeremy Hoornstra is a great raw bencher. 675 touch and go flat, Incline 605. I think he did skull crushers with 315 for like 8.
NickW has some pretty insane numbers. He's up there with the best of them.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Yea Hoornstra is a beast. I read somewhere, I think it was on his website that he is planning to attempt 715 in competition this year to tie Mendelson's record. Have you seen his DVD?