Which Federation do you prefer and why?

Tumey

Awards
I was wondering which powerlifting federation you think is best and reasons why. I have only competed in USAPL and really like how it was ran. Very smooth but the rules on the squat are very strict. So i was thinking about changing and finding a new federation to compete in.

pushpull24

Awards
I have lifted in the APF for years but I am now going to start lifting in the AFPF as I train with the Frantz Powerlifting Team and Ernie is making it mandatory (not that i woulndt anyway) I am going to continue to lift in the APF when it doesnt interfere with the AFPF

Here is a link for those out of the loop...
www.frantzpowerlifting.com

MEH89

MEH89

Awards
  • Established
I compete in the usapl. I compete there because there is a huge amount of high school competitors. I also compete single ply the gear is easier to learn, and cheaper. I also like very strict judging so it works out perfect. There is other great federations out there for multi ply, and raw competitors. There is great people in all of powerlifitng, not just in certain federations. So all you have to do is look, and you'll find what you're looking for. Mark

John O

John O

Awards
When I last competed it was with the ADFPA. I remember it was getting bad out there with all the Federations popping up!! Will have to check out whats out there now-a-days.

poppa flex

Awards
currently lift in the IPA
looking at some USAPL
adau
some raw feds and single ply gear feds
after watching the usapl at the arnold i was very impressed!

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
I currently lift in the APF here in Texas because I prefer to lift in multi ply gear and the State Chairman runs excellent meets.

MEH89

MEH89

Awards
  • Established
currently lift in the IPA
looking at some USAPL
adau
some raw feds and single ply gear feds
after watching the usapl at the arnold i was very impressed!

USAPL is where its at. We have great judging and, when you get white lights you know you earned them. We walk out are squats, and go parrallel. We only have single ply gear so its easier to learn, and cheaper. Also we have a very strict drug policy to keep everything on an even playing field.

poppa flex

Awards
hell yea man!
i agree 100% with you!
im from eastern pa
so i hate travling!but i guess you have too!for meets

MEH89

MEH89

Awards
  • Established
hell yea man!
i agree 100% with you!
im from eastern pa
so i hate travling!but i guess you have too!for meets

There are some great lifters from Pa, such as Caleb Williams, maliek derstine. There should be meets from you that are not that far. I would go to Powerliftingwatch.com, and try to find some close meets.

poppa flex

Awards
rite now im just coachin my team.there doing a meet in april
in reading