powerlifting shoes

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I need some names of power lifitng shoes so I can get some. So far I saw this.
Otomix Powerlifting Shoes

Best Form brings you the best prices on Otomix Powerlifting Shoes along with the top names in muscle wear.You won’t find a better selection of Otomix Powerlifting Shoes and gym gear anywhere! Otomix designed these shoes specifically for powerlifting. They incorporate the new High Performance Bodybuilding (tm) system. The HPB system provides a combination of comfort and support. Otomix created these unique Powerlifting Shoes to utilize a special wrap around strap adjusted by an innovative lacing system.

92 bucks.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
adidas ironwork?

Personally, I just wear an old pair of Vans skateboarding shoes.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well the trainer at my gym has some addias and said its awesome. He squats like 300lbs + lbs and helps him a lot with balance etc .

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Might be the adidas shoe I had mentioned. I think it's one of the biggest selling powerlifting shoes out there.

If you're using running shoes or "cross trainers", I'd tell ya to stop. Especially for exercises like squats. These kinds of shoes, by design, force you to put too much weight on the balls of your feet. When you're squatting, you want your weight more evenly distributed.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
adidas adistar Weightlifting is what I will get. Now to find it for a good price. I see 200 bucks. Can someone help me find it for about 100. The trainer at my gym got his for 150, several years ago.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I personally just use socks. Easier to feel the floor under me heels so I can drive them deep, and have my bodies natural balance for squats, and deads.

But thats just me.

Adams

MEH89

MEH89

Awards
  • Established
I would say out of all the meets I have been to the Converse All Star is by far the most popular shoe. In the IPF, olympic shoes are very popular for the squat, allows to hit legal depth easier, having a heel.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can't find a price for the adistar shoes. If someone can find me a link that would be great.

jwreels

Awards
Personally I wear a pair of old Converse All Star's.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My gym won't let me do that on there olympic box they have. Its a no no there lol.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
yea whats everyones take on Otomix? i was thinking of buying a pair

MEH89

MEH89

Awards
  • Established
The best. Well that is really an opinion, they'll help to a certain degree but one pair being better than another. If you squat close stance, or olympic style I would say the Adidas weight lifting shoes. If you squat med-wide stance I would say Safe Squat shoes.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
The best. Well that is really an opinion, they'll help to a certain degree but one pair being better than another. If you squat close stance, or olympic style I would say the Adidas weight lifting shoes. If you squat med-wide stance I would say Safe Squat shoes.
yea im def more of a wide sqautter just wish those kicks were a lil more fashionable lol as odd as that may sound anyways Ill prob in up buyingthem

Polynomial

Polynomial

Awards
  • Established
odd looking shoes are they any good? Out of all lifting/powerlifting shoes if you had to disregard price which shoe(s) are the best?
I have them and I like them, but they're the only pair of weightlifting shoes that I own so I can't compare them to anything else (like Adidas). However, after wearing them for an hour or so, putting on any other shoe feels like you're walking on air.

MEH89

MEH89

Awards
  • Established
Boxmeman, which shoes are you getting? I forgot to mention the Metal Squat shoes are said to be very good, and their made for the med-wide stance squatters. But most of the guys from Westside wear chucks, so I think its safe to say, they must be good for the med-wide stance squatters. So the most popular for the wide stance squatters would be chucks, safe squat shoes, and then Metal squat shoes. So the choice is up to you. Hope this helps.

Polynomial

Polynomial

Awards
  • Established
I forgot to mention that the VSathletics shoes have a pretty high heel, which is great for squatting and oly lifts, but some people might not like that for deadlifts.

smillie966

Awards
adidas adistar Weightlifting is what I will get. Now to find it for a good price. I see 200 bucks. Can someone help me find it for about 100. The trainer at my gym got his for 150, several years ago.
Watch out for these "Adistars" by Addidas. A buddy on my powerlifting team bought a pair and paid $200 for them.

The only negative for these is that the soles have very little traction. He would clean and jerk with them and slip alot. We wound up putting almost a sticky substance on the bottom to keep them tacky. -tyler

bobp718

Awards
I've always heard that a pair of Chuck Taylors are dandy to squat in. My feeling is that $40 buys a lot of protein so I just squat in socks. Amazingly enough my squat jumped after I stopped lifting in running shoes!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
black on black converse allstars.

one of the best purchases i have ever made.

they are cheap, easily attainable and make you look like a BAMF.

good luck

nightshift

nightshift

Awards
Lately I have been using Asics throwing shoes. These are made for field events such as shot-put and discus. The are wide, flat soled and inexpensive. I really like them for squats and deads. Check out the link.

MEH89

MEH89

Awards
  • Established
Lately I have been using Asics throwing shoes. These are made for field events such as shot-put and discus. The are wide, flat soled and inexpensive. I really like them for squats and deads. Check out the link.

Looks to be a good shoe. Also its cheap, compared to everything out there. MArk

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Profile: A basic throwing shoe that provides optimal features necessary for most weight events. The flat, solid outsole and support strap also makes a suitable weight lifting shoe.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just bought the adiStar. I had to. They looked way better than the asic. Sorry.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
$200... no thanks...

$30 chucks work well for me

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
If you are an olympic squatter, get an olympic shoe. If you are a wide stance posterior squatter get a pair of chucks. Wrestling shoes are OK i guess. I usually only people pull in them though. Chucks will activate your posterior more while squatting.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you are an olympic squatter, get an olympic shoe. If you are a wide stance posterior squatter get a pair of chucks. Wrestling shoes are OK i guess. I usually only people pull in them though. Chucks will activate your posterior more while squatting.

good call

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ROGUE weightlifting shoe:

I just ordered these after hearing great reviews. My chucks are done in after a few years of use so I figure I'd give these a try. I plan on squatting in them, and I am learning how to do some more olympic lifts as well so these are supposed to be a badass all around shoe.

I'm still getting a new pair of chucks to deadlift in though. :dl:

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
hightop chuck taylors....... like 40 bucks

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
oops........ guess im not the first to say that. o well. may the chucks live on! :head:

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
oops........ guess im not the first to say that. o well. may the chucks live on! :head:
Watch it boss, i am the only one that wears those!!! :duel:

hahaha :thumbsup:

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
en gaurde. Im ready to have a Chuck fueled dance off to challenge you, sir!

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
very well