Bench Press History

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
i like the idea and look of it so far, although all the different shades of gray is kinda weird to look at

2nd to last line of the opening paragraph- "In reality they were mostly salesman." should be salesmen, not to nag, just an fyi

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
You've done a lot of research, and the pics are great. Good job!

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
i like the idea and look of it so far, although all the different shades of gray is kinda weird to look at

2nd to last line of the opening paragraph- "In reality they were mostly salesman." should be salesmen, not to nag, just an fyi
Fixed the spelling error, keep find that kind of stuff, no matter how many times I proof read.

As far as the gray tones, I want that look. Because most of my information has been gleaned from muscle mags of the error, I want it to look like you are reading one the muscle mags, of the time.

I will be adding a lot of pictures, and scans from them. I think the pictures are worth more than my commentary. It takes a long time to write that stuff however, so adding content will be slow. What you see on their has taken me a month to put together.

I will try to put a lot of those slide shows where you can dig through the pics I didn't put in the article and blow them up to full size, which is really interesting for some of the advertisements from the time.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
i like the website.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I wonder what the weight loads were of older benches. That one dude had the bar coming down on his neck, awsome. Not a spotter in a single one of those pictures. No wonder it took so long for bodybuilding to get established, everyone that got good ended up killing themselves w/o a spotter. And that adjustable bench looks all sorts of flimsy. :rant:

I like the article. I like your site as well. The gray on gray is good for the eyes. If anything, would it be possible to make your background that the text sits in a little darker. Just a little bit darker will make the site a little softer on the eyes and much more comfortable to read.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i likea da make romance esplosion on her stumitch!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
i likea da make romance esplosion on her stumitch!
Sometime my sister, she show her vazhïn to my brother Bilo and say "You will never get this you will never get it la la la la la la." He behind his cage. He cries, he cries and everybody laughs. She goes "You never get this." But one time he break cage and he "get this" and then we all laugh. High five!