Dinosaur Training

satyricon

Awards
For those of you who try to clown this style of training, i say try doing it. it will probably kill you. you may think you train hard, pumping and sweating and whining your way down the rack doing laterals but you are fooling yourselves. read up and down these forums and see how many guys are 150 to 190 lbs gulping down creatine and test boosters and doing the same lame ass bodybuilder routines and scientific "breakthroughs" for a biceps peak. sure you can crank out 4 sets of ten with 35lb DBs. can lift a 100lb DB overhead even once? can you deadlift 350 not once but 15 or 20 times? how about a beer keg full of water and sand? can you curl a 100lb barbell with one hand? its not considered revolutionary because its new but because so many have forgotten what it means to really train hard like the oldtimers did. these were the guys who only weigh 200-220 and were much stronger and in better shape than the majority of "champions" today. Thank you for your time and good day.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established

satyricon

Awards
hey dude your gym looks like mine. a dino dungeon

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Didn't the dinosaurs just up and die? Not my kinda heroes.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
1 to 2 meals per day.. You don't think that's at all low?

satyricon

Awards
dinosaurs are not dead

we are lifting in our garages sheds and basements away from you 24 hour fitness losers. most of us warm up with what you fools lift for your top sets. hey fab one do you ever do one arm barbell curls? f**king brutal man.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
we are lifting in our garages sheds and basements away from you 24 hour fitness losers. most of us warm up with what you fools lift for your top sets. hey fab one do you ever do one arm barbell curls? f**king brutal man.
Dude, you need to chill. Everyones got their own style, if you disagree then deal with it. Why are you trying to start stuff with people just because you have a different opinion? Thats foolish.

satyricon

Awards
i eat 2 large meals(bfast, dinner)and sip a blender bomb throughout the day. I also munch on fruit, trailmix, and beef jeky during the day. that whole 6 small feedings stuff is retarded. if the old ways of training and eating are so lame how come guys like Saxon,Grimek,Hackenschmidt,Anderson etc could lift more with one hand(sometimes 1 finger) than these guys today can squat or deadlift? i guess some of us would rather look pumped and pretty. while you are working on high bicep peaks your woman is massaging my steel belted spinal erectors and monster traps. sorry guys.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Your a**hole tone is really unnecessary..

Anyway, what's a blender bomb? Sound's neat.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
So, if what you're saying is true, then I should live at home with my parents, eat food my mom makes me, talk crap that makes me look like an idiot, and post no proof of all my yakking, and I can be just like you? I'm game.

Dude, you're a joke. Stop filling this board with your complete ignorance. People come here to learn and help others, not too show how unintelligent and uneducated they are. Go play with your home gym Arnold.

beallio

beallio

Awards
That's an awesome way to set up the rack for overhead squats....****, makes me wish I would have thought of it.

And yes, one arm barbell curls are ****ing tough. So are walking lunges with kegs full of water. Gotta have good core strength.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i eat 2 large meals(bfast, dinner)and sip a blender bomb throughout the day. I also munch on fruit, trailmix, and beef jeky during the day. that whole 6 small feedings stuff is retarded. if the old ways of training and eating are so lame how come guys like Saxon,Grimek,Hackenschmidt,Anderson etc could lift more with one hand(sometimes 1 finger) than these guys today can squat or deadlift? i guess some of us would rather look pumped and pretty. while you are working on high bicep peaks your woman is massaging my steel belted spinal erectors and monster traps. sorry guys.
LOL I'm sure your much stronger than ronnie coleman. He deadlifts 800lbs. Johnie jackson does 850lbs. And those are bodybuilders. I actually train westside style so don't even get me startedd on all the powerlifters. Ever hear of scott mendelson. He benches 715lbs raw. I'm sure that is a weak lift huh.lol Don't get me wrong because dinosuar training looks like fun and I'm sure will build loads of functional strength. Its just bs that you are so cocky and bashing people that don't do what you do. Their is no one best style for everybody.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL I'm sure your much stronger than ronnie coleman. He deadlifts 800lbs. Johnie jackson does 850lbs. And those are bodybuilders. I actually train westside style so don't even get me startedd on all the powerlifters. Ever hear of scott mendelson. He benches 715lbs raw. I'm sure that is a weak lift huh.lol Don't get me wrong because dinosuar training looks like fun and I'm sure will build loads of functional strength. Its just bs that you are so cocky and bashing people that don't do what you do. Their is no one best style for everybody.
I second that.

What's with the "I'm a bad@$$ dinosaur lifter and everybody else is an f'n idiot attitude?"

Scientifically, two meals a day is far less beneficial then multiple smaller meals. Unless storing glycogen and bodyfat is your goal. If it is, cool, that's for you, but chill out bro. People are here to share ideas, not come off like workout nazis.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
No doubt. If you want people to take you seriously don't act like a pretentious a-hole. I agree that the dinosaur training looks cool, but the way you train depends on what your goals are. 1 or 2 meals a day sounds just plain dumb to me. If it's because you live a busy life then cool, but it's suboptimal for almost all purposes.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
whoa man I'm not coming off with a bad attitude in any shape or form. All I did was say that my routine is styled from Dinosaur Training and that I only eat 1-2 times per day. No, it may not be optimal at all, but it works for me. I am not going to have to eat 5-6 times per day to maintain a certain look or follow someone elses rule about what I should do to be optimal. Optimal for what? I work inside a prison and having to go through all the security checks plus that I am maintenance and always moving, its just way too much hassle to deal with. I eat a good breakfast before I leave for work and eat whatever the wife has cooked when I get home. Understand I lift for strength and not so much for look.

So anyway, just hoped that I didn't come off wrong because that wasn't what I intended to do by any means.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
whoa man I'm not coming off with a bad attitude in any shape or form. All I did was say that my routine is styled from Dinosaur Training and that I only eat 1-2 times per day. No, it may not be optimal at all, but it works for me. I am not going to have to eat 5-6 times per day to maintain a certain look or follow someone elses rule about what I should do to be optimal. Optimal for what? I work inside a prison and having to go through all the security checks plus that I am maintenance and always moving, its just way too much hassle to deal with. I eat a good breakfast before I leave for work and eat whatever the wife has cooked when I get home. Understand I lift for strength and not so much for look.

So anyway, just hoped that I didn't come off wrong because that wasn't what I intended to do by any means.
My bad man. My statement was directed at Satyricon. I do a lot of the same lifts that you do BTW. Ever try any of the strongman events like atlas stones or log press, etc.?

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
by the way there is always another point of view...

http://www.leangains.com/

So no, you don't have to eat 6 meals per day to get results, and if you think you need to, you probably should stick with it. For me, with my job it just won't work, and the way I do it fits my lifestyle at the moment the best.
That lean gains site/blog has caught my interest...I was going to do the Anabolic Diet but I think the intermittent fasting sounds more like me. Thanks for the link!

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
My bad man. My statement was directed at Satyricon. I do a lot of the same lifts that you do BTW. Ever try any of the strongman events like atlas stones or log press, etc.?
That ok man no hard feeling here. I can just do what I can do. I just recently trained with 2 local Strongman and it was quite an experience. All we did was sled/keg medley and squats that day, so no I haven't had a chance to try a log. I do have a 250lb stone that I made, its not that good but I have shouldered it a few times with little practice. Its pretty hard for me because I got arms like a t-rex!

Ziricote,

Well I was kind of forced into this style of eating due to alot of security changes throughout the prison system that just simply makes it too much of a hassle. I started doing some reading and this atleast allows me to feel all hope is not lost! The way I do it is eat 2 times per day on the days I lift and 1 time a day when I don't. I honestly think my muscle growth has actually improved. Its like I look thicker and denser. I onestly think I am using my protein better or something. I don't feel sluggish anymore like I used to when eating 4-5 times per day either. But, one need to test things for themselves to see what works the best. Even if my work situation changed I don't think I'd eat more than 3 times per anyway.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Fabulous One, I just looked at some of your vids. You are a GIANT! Very impressive dude!

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Fabulous One, I just looked at some of your vids. You are a GIANT! Very impressive dude!
giant huh? hahaha, not quite HB as I am only 5'5 and about 180lbs. but thanks all the same.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
One arm barbell snatch you ballzy SOB!! That is some dungeon power training right there. That takes a lot of balance and stability man (and power). Props.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
giant huh? hahaha, not quite HB as I am only 5'5 and about 180lbs. but thanks all the same.
Is the term "beast" more to your liking? "Monster" perhaps? Whatever you choose, you're good man!

satyricon

Awards
sorry guys i wasnt really trying to start s**t with anyone but was trying to stick up for my style of training as everytime i see a thread come up on dino training someone is bashing it and making stupid jokes. oh, and i do not recall bashing Coleman even a tiny bit. he is a very strong BB and started out as a powerlifter. I was refering to the lightweights who spend more $$ and time on supps and gym memberships than on food and pig iron. but sorry to get you youngsters all riled up.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
satyricon,

Don't worry about defending your style of training man. Just work hard on whatever you do and work towards your goals. If you do this, your results will speak for themselves, and when people ask you "hey man how do you make such good gains or how did you get so strong?" then you can tell them. This way they will be open to your ideas because its on their terms. This way you will be able to teach rather than preach or try to force them to see what you are saying.

I'm guilty. I have to admit it, I love supplements. If I had unlimited money I'd build myself a concrete building with nice lighting, heat and air conditiong, a level floor, and plenty of space. Next I would go over to Elitefts and have Jim Wendler build me an ultimate gym. I'd have it equipped for powerlifting, olympic lifting and strongman. Next, I'd buy two more freezers and buy another grass fed beef to fill up one and in the other I'd fill it up with free range chickens. With the rest of my money I'd go straight and buy loads of Cod Liver oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Liver tablets, and Brewers Yeast. After those I'd load up on Cordygen5, Ragnarok and all the Get Diesel products. Buts that just me!

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
It's cool man. Being passionate about you're style is commendable. I respect your devotion to the sport. Keep up the hard work Mr Flintstone!

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Satyricon,

Hang in there and stay tough. Remeber there is a guy in Ky training in a dirty cold barn as heavy as he can. You know what I think about when its just me out there in the cold? I think about the story of Reg Park having to sweep the snow off his weights back in England in the 40s. He lifted in the dark and winter cold all by himself and built the strength and body of Hercules. he let nothing stop him. I sometimes pretend I am Reg...sad that a 32 year old man still pretends huh?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Satyricon,

Hang in there and stay tough. Remeber there is a guy in Ky training in a dirty cold barn as heavy as he can. You know what I think about when its just me out there in the cold? I think about the story of Reg Park having to sweep the snow off his weights back in England in the 40s. He lifted in the dark and winter cold all by himself and built the strength and body of Hercules. he let nothing stop him. I sometimes pretend I am Reg...sad that a 32 year old man still pretends huh?
Damn, training in an unheated environment is brutal. That'll toughen you up Rocky IV style, though. I've done a few strongman workouts in the cold and performance (especially grip) suffers. Keep up the good work.

lgkitfox

lgkitfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
I lift 200 lbs with the preacher bar in one hand while doing a raised hamstring stretch, as well as carry a fridge on my back.

Blah blah blah. Whatver works to get the results you want, is the proper type of training. Thanks for a useless thread!

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
I lift 200 lbs with the preacher bar in one hand while doing a raised hamstring stretch, as well as carry a fridge on my back.

Blah blah blah. Whatver works to get the results you want, is the proper type of training. Thanks for a useless thread!
you're welcome. And also thanks to you for such a classy and witty comeback from a company rep! I 'm sure you will represent them well especially with posts like that. It really makes me not want to look into what they have to offer. So, with your anything but worthless post, you successfully showed how to be dumb enough to read an entire thread of useless blah, blah, blah, insult guys that were discussing things here that they are free to discuss in the proper forum, and to be a taint to possibly good company!

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Damn, training in an unheated environment is brutal. That'll toughen you up Rocky IV style, though. I've done a few strongman workouts in the cold and performance (especially grip) suffers. Keep up the good work.
Yeah it gets real hard at times. Sometimes I have to bundle up so much that I can't move. I get a sweat finally going and hvae to strip down and then friggin freeze. most of the time I am wearing wool gloves in between sets to keep my hands warm. It takes a long, long time to get a 2 inch axle warm thats been laying outside in 15 degree weather.

Hey have you tried the Prowler yet? I have an old wheelbarrow that I had been pondering on how to convert it. I find the sled dragging along with some light bodyweight exercises plus some bar drill to be the best warmup for me. I broke my makeshift sled the other night for the last time and I was just wondering about the prowler.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
you're welcome. And also thanks to you for such a classy and witty comeback from a company rep! I 'm sure you will represent them well especially with posts like that. It really makes me not want to look into what they have to offer. So, with your anything but worthless post, you successfully showed how to be dumb enough to read an entire thread of useless blah, blah, blah, insult guys that were discussing things here that they are free to discuss in the proper forum, and to be a taint to possibly good company!
I second that

lgkitfox

lgkitfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
Take it with a grain of salt, people are not always going to agree with one another's mindframe or thoughts on any one idea or notion. I'm a practical, outspoken person and if you consider almost any of my other posts on any board i rep on the internet i am found more often than not to be constructive and encouraging in advice, suggestions, critiquing, or questions i might have in turn.

I think this whole thread started off on a bad foot,
That said, im sorry if i upset you, my post was more meant to poke a little fun at some of the posters ..ie ..

Who were very obviously making no efforst themselves to be relationable (and really, just being a str8 up jackass). My post wasnt meant to implicate everyone and definitly NOT all who utilize power lifting as their staple in training - i think it has as MUCH merit, as bodybuilding, conditioning, flexibility, sports training, etc.

To each their own, ive lots of respect for people who train with warm up sets that i use for my top sets! But, I dont mind a little retaliation if they are going to say it insultingly as well.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Take it with a grain of salt, people are not always going to agree with one another's mindframe or thoughts on any one idea or notion. I'm a practical, outspoken person and if you consider almost any of my other posts on any board i rep on the internet i am found more often than not to be constructive and encouraging in advice, suggestions, critiquing, or questions i might have in turn.

I think this whole thread started off on a bad foot,
That said, im sorry if i upset you, my post was more meant to poke a little fun at some of the posters ..ie ..

Who were very obviously making no efforst themselves to be relationable (and really, just being a str8 up jackass). My post wasnt meant to implicate everyone and definitly NOT all who utilize power lifting as their staple in training - i think it has as MUCH merit, as bodybuilding, conditioning, flexibility, sports training, etc.

To each their own, ive lots of respect for people who train with warm up sets that i use for my top sets! But, I dont mind a little retaliation if they are going to say it insultingly as well.

Thats cool man. Like I said, I ain't trying to champion anything over something else. I just do what I do and shared it with some folks that were interested in this kind of thing. anyway no harm done, thanks for an honest response.

lgkitfox

lgkitfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thanks, glad we could bury the hatchet :) bad blood is no good! Much respect sir.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
For those of you who try to clown this style of training, i say try doing it. it will probably kill you. you may think you train hard, pumping and sweating and whining your way down the rack doing laterals but you are fooling yourselves. read up and down these forums and see how many guys are 150 to 190 lbs gulping down creatine and test boosters and doing the same lame ass bodybuilder routines and scientific "breakthroughs" for a biceps peak. sure you can crank out 4 sets of ten with 35lb DBs. can lift a 100lb DB overhead even once? can you deadlift 350 not once but 15 or 20 times? how about a beer keg full of water and sand? can you curl a 100lb barbell with one hand? its not considered revolutionary because its new but because so many have forgotten what it means to really train hard like the oldtimers did. these were the guys who only weigh 200-220 and were much stronger and in better shape than the majority of "champions" today. Thank you for your time and good day.
I'm probably 30lbs lighter than you and can DL more than that 15-20 times, and I did that all with a BB'ing style workout. Thanks for the contribution though.

I actually just got the Dinosaur Training Handbook though and find it somewhat interesting. Not my thing necessarily, though.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
sorry guys i wasnt really trying to start s**t with anyone but was trying to stick up for my style of training as everytime i see a thread come up on dino training someone is bashing it and making stupid jokes. oh, and i do not recall bashing Coleman even a tiny bit. he is a very strong BB and started out as a powerlifter. I was refering to the lightweights who spend more $$ and time on supps and gym memberships than on food and pig iron. but sorry to get you youngsters all riled up.

dino training huh? what I take from it is you are basically using compound exercises correct?

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
dino training huh? what I take from it is you are basically using compound exercises correct?

yes. nothing different really other than some odd off hand lifts and odd object work. DT is where most of your GPP with sandbags and stuff like that comes from.

Kabuki is a monster.

Dinosaur training is more about a mindset than anything. Its just about getting back to the basics and working them hard, and not being pulled here there being distracted by things that are worthless to your goals of being stronger and bigger.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
yes. nothing different really other than some odd off hand lifts and odd object work. DT is where most of your GPP with sandbags and stuff like that comes from.

Kabuki is a monster.

Dinosaur training is more about a mindset than anything. Its just about getting back to the basics and working them hard, and not being pulled here there being distracted by things that are worthless to your goals of being stronger and bigger.
After I read this thread I did some one-hand Barbell curls. There are my new bicep exercise.

Where can I get a copy of "dinosaur traning"?

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Ironmind may sell it if I'm not mistaken. Here is you one to try.

Take a regular olympic bar and hammer curl it. Its a job. You can turn it into a hammer curl press combo.

satyricon

Awards
hey guys just trying to keep this thread going and also admit that my first comments were a little on the harsh side. to each his own. by the way check out www.oldtimestrongman.com for some really good info on hard training with less science. it doesnt need to be as compicated as some make it. i am merely trying to "enlighten"folks by taking a look back in time when guys were very strong and healthy and didnt really have much in the way of supps and anabolics.that said, anyone else try vertical bar deadlifts for time? i use an old olympic sleeve removed from the bar. load it up and pick it up. fun stuff!

krogtaar

Awards
wow thats impressive...gonna have to add some one arm snatches and see how i do

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
wow thats impressive...gonna have to add some one arm snatches and see how i do

they are a fun lift to do occasionally. I've never worked them more than 2-3 week at time, and I've actually done them very little.

honestly they are fun to see someone do them, but don't let stuff like that distract you from plain old squats, presses, rows, and deadlifts with the foucs on being adding weight to these movements everytime you can. Thats where the meat is.