Dinosaur Training

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.62%

Thanks, glad we could bury the hatchet bad blood is no good! Much respect sir.

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by satyricon View Post
    can you deadlift 350 not once but 15 or 20 times?
    500 for 17
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

my conditioning is much better now so i'm sure i could easily break 20 reps.
    1010 Squat @ 220 (#1 ranking in world) 801 Dead @ 198 (#1 ranking in world)
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM
  3. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.03%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

For those of you who try to clown this style of training, i say try doing it. it will probably kill you. you may think you train hard, pumping and sweating and whining your way down the rack doing laterals but you are fooling yourselves. read up and down these forums and see how many guys are 150 to 190 lbs gulping down creatine and test boosters and doing the same lame ass bodybuilder routines and scientific "breakthroughs" for a biceps peak. sure you can crank out 4 sets of ten with 35lb DBs. can lift a 100lb DB overhead even once? can you deadlift 350 not once but 15 or 20 times? how about a beer keg full of water and sand? can you curl a 100lb barbell with one hand? its not considered revolutionary because its new but because so many have forgotten what it means to really train hard like the oldtimers did. these were the guys who only weigh 200-220 and were much stronger and in better shape than the majority of "champions" today. Thank you for your time and good day.
    I'm probably 30lbs lighter than you and can DL more than that 15-20 times, and I did that all with a BB'ing style workout. Thanks for the contribution though.

I actually just got the Dinosaur Training Handbook though and find it somewhat interesting. Not my thing necessarily, though.
    •   

4. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.58%

sorry guys i wasnt really trying to start s**t with anyone but was trying to stick up for my style of training as everytime i see a thread come up on dino training someone is bashing it and making stupid jokes. oh, and i do not recall bashing Coleman even a tiny bit. he is a very strong BB and started out as a powerlifter. I was refering to the lightweights who spend more $$ and time on supps and gym memberships than on food and pig iron. but sorry to get you youngsters all riled up.

dino training huh? what I take from it is you are basically using compound exercises correct?
  5. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.62%

Quote Originally Posted by gotripped View Post
    dino training huh? what I take from it is you are basically using compound exercises correct?

yes. nothing different really other than some odd off hand lifts and odd object work. DT is where most of your GPP with sandbags and stuff like that comes from.

Kabuki is a monster.

Dinosaur training is more about a mindset than anything. Its just about getting back to the basics and working them hard, and not being pulled here there being distracted by things that are worthless to your goals of being stronger and bigger.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  164 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.89%

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous One View Post
    yes. nothing different really other than some odd off hand lifts and odd object work. DT is where most of your GPP with sandbags and stuff like that comes from.

Kabuki is a monster.

Dinosaur training is more about a mindset than anything. Its just about getting back to the basics and working them hard, and not being pulled here there being distracted by things that are worthless to your goals of being stronger and bigger.
    After I read this thread I did some one-hand Barbell curls. There are my new bicep exercise.

Where can I get a copy of "dinosaur traning"?
  7. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.62%

Ironmind may sell it if I'm not mistaken. Here is you one to try.

Take a regular olympic bar and hammer curl it. Its a job. You can turn it into a hammer curl press combo.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.36%

hey guys just trying to keep this thread going and also admit that my first comments were a little on the harsh side. to each his own. by the way check out www.oldtimestrongman.com for some really good info on hard training with less science. it doesnt need to be as compicated as some make it. i am merely trying to "enlighten"folks by taking a look back in time when guys were very strong and healthy and didnt really have much in the way of supps and anabolics.that said, anyone else try vertical bar deadlifts for time? i use an old olympic sleeve removed from the bar. load it up and pick it up. fun stuff!
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.49%

wow thats impressive...gonna have to add some one arm snatches and see how i do
  10. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.62%

Quote Originally Posted by krogtaar View Post
    wow thats impressive...gonna have to add some one arm snatches and see how i do

they are a fun lift to do occasionally. I've never worked them more than 2-3 week at time, and I've actually done them very little.

honestly they are fun to see someone do them, but don't let stuff like that distract you from plain old squats, presses, rows, and deadlifts with the foucs on being adding weight to these movements everytime you can. Thats where the meat is.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.02%

Do you guys do much benching in dino training? It's a good upper body exercise, I don't think it's actually that functional. Since I started doing strongman stuff, I've concentrated almost solely on standing overhead pressing.
  12. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.62%

I benched tonight. Don't get caught up in that functional or non functional nonsense. thats just someone trying to sell something for the most part. Benches has just as much importance in a program as any other lift. If your sport is strongman just make sure you have a good balance between the two and you should some nice carryover. It seems like if my benches and push presses go up most all other presses or jerks do also.
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.02%

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous One View Post
    I benched tonight. Don't get caught up in that functional or non functional nonsense. thats just someone trying to sell something for the most part. Benches has just as much importance in a program as any other lift. If your sport is strongman just make sure you have a good balance between the two and you should some nice carryover. It seems like if my benches and push presses go up most all other presses or jerks do also.
    I disagree. There's only so many pressing variations that I can do per week because the log press is pretty tough on the bod so I don't spend too much time on benching. It also can decrease shoulder flexibility which is a crucial part of my technique.
  14. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.98%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    I disagree. There's only so many pressing variations that I can do per week because the log press is pretty tough on the bod so I don't spend too much time on benching. It also can decrease shoulder flexibility which is a crucial part of my technique.
    The "bod" huh, ok.
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.02%

Haha, nice catch, smidgester.
  16. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.62%

well don't, what else can I say? If it don't work for you stay away from it. I get overhead carryover from a strong bench and carryover from a push press into the bench, but thats just me.

If you are worried about it tightening the shoulders, just follow your log work with a few hard sets of full range dumbell work for a good pump, if you want it, if not screw em.
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.83%

Thanks for posting the videos. They gave me a bunch of new ideas for training. I had been mostly doing squats, deads, bench, and power cleans.
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.13%

I was refering to the lightweights who spend more $$ and time on supps and gym memberships than on food and pig iron. but sorry to get you youngsters all riled up.
    so what about the people who do many of the same lifts that you do at a gym? we are pu**ys because we take supps and workout at a gym? this might be hard for you to believe but some of us get increased motivation from being at the gym and seeing people that are bigger and stronger than you. i'm not trying to put down your style but its ignorant of you to come on here and put down other peoples styles
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.36%

uuuhhhh, i do believe i made my apologies for some of the stuff i spat out earleir in this this thread so calm down ok? i live in so cal and the gyms around here dont let you do deads, dont have trap bars or kegs and sand bags, wont let you use chalk,and generally frown on anything that might scare the fitness crowd. and i never said i was bigger and stronger than everyone but i definitly have more all around strength and conditioning than the guy who spends his entire session in the smith machine or leg press. all of my training is done in the garage or outside and i train only for practical reasons. i work construction i am 39 years old and can out work out lift out last and will probably out live the majority of guys i know. so there hahahahaha. now leave me and my dino training alone, back to bally's you go now c'mon.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.27%

If I do Dino Training, do I have to listen to the Barney theme song on my ipod? LOL Just messing with ya. You are crazy with those one arm BB presses!

Similar Forum Threads

1. SHR # 1276 :: Dinosaur Training Question And Answers Sessi
    By triceptor in forum SHR Show Archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2013, 05:43 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 11:28 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 10:26 AM
  4. Dinosaur Bodyweight Training
    By Y2Jversion1 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 261