Dinosaur Training

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous One View Post
    giant huh? hahaha, not quite HB as I am only 5'5 and about 180lbs. but thanks all the same.
    Is the term "beast" more to your liking? "Monster" perhaps? Whatever you choose, you're good man!


  2. sorry guys i wasnt really trying to start s**t with anyone but was trying to stick up for my style of training as everytime i see a thread come up on dino training someone is bashing it and making stupid jokes. oh, and i do not recall bashing Coleman even a tiny bit. he is a very strong BB and started out as a powerlifter. I was refering to the lightweights who spend more $$ and time on supps and gym memberships than on food and pig iron. but sorry to get you youngsters all riled up.
    •   
       


  3. satyricon,

    Don't worry about defending your style of training man. Just work hard on whatever you do and work towards your goals. If you do this, your results will speak for themselves, and when people ask you "hey man how do you make such good gains or how did you get so strong?" then you can tell them. This way they will be open to your ideas because its on their terms. This way you will be able to teach rather than preach or try to force them to see what you are saying.

    I'm guilty. I have to admit it, I love supplements. If I had unlimited money I'd build myself a concrete building with nice lighting, heat and air conditiong, a level floor, and plenty of space. Next I would go over to Elitefts and have Jim Wendler build me an ultimate gym. I'd have it equipped for powerlifting, olympic lifting and strongman. Next, I'd buy two more freezers and buy another grass fed beef to fill up one and in the other I'd fill it up with free range chickens. With the rest of my money I'd go straight and buy loads of Cod Liver oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Liver tablets, and Brewers Yeast. After those I'd load up on Cordygen5, Ragnarok and all the Get Diesel products. Buts that just me!

  4. ya your right. sorry everyone.

  5. It's cool man. Being passionate about you're style is commendable. I respect your devotion to the sport. Keep up the hard work Mr Flintstone!
    •   
       


  6. Satyricon,

    Hang in there and stay tough. Remeber there is a guy in Ky training in a dirty cold barn as heavy as he can. You know what I think about when its just me out there in the cold? I think about the story of Reg Park having to sweep the snow off his weights back in England in the 40s. He lifted in the dark and winter cold all by himself and built the strength and body of Hercules. he let nothing stop him. I sometimes pretend I am Reg...sad that a 32 year old man still pretends huh?
  7. Talking


    Quote Originally Posted by satyricon View Post
    ya your right. sorry everyone.
    That's what happens when you got so much TESTOSTERONE IN YA!!! :bb3: its' all good.

    I'm still love'n the one arm barbell snatch video
    NSCA - CSCS

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous One View Post
    Satyricon,

    Hang in there and stay tough. Remeber there is a guy in Ky training in a dirty cold barn as heavy as he can. You know what I think about when its just me out there in the cold? I think about the story of Reg Park having to sweep the snow off his weights back in England in the 40s. He lifted in the dark and winter cold all by himself and built the strength and body of Hercules. he let nothing stop him. I sometimes pretend I am Reg...sad that a 32 year old man still pretends huh?
    Damn, training in an unheated environment is brutal. That'll toughen you up Rocky IV style, though. I've done a few strongman workouts in the cold and performance (especially grip) suffers. Keep up the good work.

  9. I lift 200 lbs with the preacher bar in one hand while doing a raised hamstring stretch, as well as carry a fridge on my back.

    Blah blah blah. Whatver works to get the results you want, is the proper type of training. Thanks for a useless thread!

  10. yab daba doooo!!!!

  11. Quote Originally Posted by lgkitfox View Post
    I lift 200 lbs with the preacher bar in one hand while doing a raised hamstring stretch, as well as carry a fridge on my back.

    Blah blah blah. Whatver works to get the results you want, is the proper type of training. Thanks for a useless thread!
    you're welcome. And also thanks to you for such a classy and witty comeback from a company rep! I 'm sure you will represent them well especially with posts like that. It really makes me not want to look into what they have to offer. So, with your anything but worthless post, you successfully showed how to be dumb enough to read an entire thread of useless blah, blah, blah, insult guys that were discussing things here that they are free to discuss in the proper forum, and to be a taint to possibly good company!

  12. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Damn, training in an unheated environment is brutal. That'll toughen you up Rocky IV style, though. I've done a few strongman workouts in the cold and performance (especially grip) suffers. Keep up the good work.
    Yeah it gets real hard at times. Sometimes I have to bundle up so much that I can't move. I get a sweat finally going and hvae to strip down and then friggin freeze. most of the time I am wearing wool gloves in between sets to keep my hands warm. It takes a long, long time to get a 2 inch axle warm thats been laying outside in 15 degree weather.

    Hey have you tried the Prowler yet? I have an old wheelbarrow that I had been pondering on how to convert it. I find the sled dragging along with some light bodyweight exercises plus some bar drill to be the best warmup for me. I broke my makeshift sled the other night for the last time and I was just wondering about the prowler.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous One View Post
    you're welcome. And also thanks to you for such a classy and witty comeback from a company rep! I 'm sure you will represent them well especially with posts like that. It really makes me not want to look into what they have to offer. So, with your anything but worthless post, you successfully showed how to be dumb enough to read an entire thread of useless blah, blah, blah, insult guys that were discussing things here that they are free to discuss in the proper forum, and to be a taint to possibly good company!
    I second that
    NSCA - CSCS

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous One View Post
    you're welcome. And also thanks to you for such a classy and witty comeback from a company rep! I 'm sure you will represent them well especially with posts like that. It really makes me not want to look into what they have to offer. So, with your anything but worthless post, you successfully showed how to be dumb enough to read an entire thread of useless blah, blah, blah, insult guys that were discussing things here that they are free to discuss in the proper forum, and to be a taint to possibly good company!
    Take it with a grain of salt, people are not always going to agree with one another's mindframe or thoughts on any one idea or notion. I'm a practical, outspoken person and if you consider almost any of my other posts on any board i rep on the internet i am found more often than not to be constructive and encouraging in advice, suggestions, critiquing, or questions i might have in turn.

    I think this whole thread started off on a bad foot,
    That said, im sorry if i upset you, my post was more meant to poke a little fun at some of the posters ..ie ..

    we are lifting in our garages sheds and basements away from you 24 hour fitness losers. most of us warm up with what you fools lift for your top sets. hey fab one do you ever do one arm barbell curls? f**king brutal man.
    Who were very obviously making no efforst themselves to be relationable (and really, just being a str8 up jackass). My post wasnt meant to implicate everyone and definitly NOT all who utilize power lifting as their staple in training - i think it has as MUCH merit, as bodybuilding, conditioning, flexibility, sports training, etc.

    To each their own, ive lots of respect for people who train with warm up sets that i use for my top sets! But, I dont mind a little retaliation if they are going to say it insultingly as well.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by lgkitfox View Post
    Take it with a grain of salt, people are not always going to agree with one another's mindframe or thoughts on any one idea or notion. I'm a practical, outspoken person and if you consider almost any of my other posts on any board i rep on the internet i am found more often than not to be constructive and encouraging in advice, suggestions, critiquing, or questions i might have in turn.

    I think this whole thread started off on a bad foot,
    That said, im sorry if i upset you, my post was more meant to poke a little fun at some of the posters ..ie ..



    Who were very obviously making no efforst themselves to be relationable (and really, just being a str8 up jackass). My post wasnt meant to implicate everyone and definitly NOT all who utilize power lifting as their staple in training - i think it has as MUCH merit, as bodybuilding, conditioning, flexibility, sports training, etc.

    To each their own, ive lots of respect for people who train with warm up sets that i use for my top sets! But, I dont mind a little retaliation if they are going to say it insultingly as well.

    Thats cool man. Like I said, I ain't trying to champion anything over something else. I just do what I do and shared it with some folks that were interested in this kind of thing. anyway no harm done, thanks for an honest response.

  16. Thanks, glad we could bury the hatchet bad blood is no good! Much respect sir.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by satyricon View Post
    can you deadlift 350 not once but 15 or 20 times?
    500 for 17
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

    my conditioning is much better now so i'm sure i could easily break 20 reps.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM

  18. Quote Originally Posted by satyricon View Post
    For those of you who try to clown this style of training, i say try doing it. it will probably kill you. you may think you train hard, pumping and sweating and whining your way down the rack doing laterals but you are fooling yourselves. read up and down these forums and see how many guys are 150 to 190 lbs gulping down creatine and test boosters and doing the same lame ass bodybuilder routines and scientific "breakthroughs" for a biceps peak. sure you can crank out 4 sets of ten with 35lb DBs. can lift a 100lb DB overhead even once? can you deadlift 350 not once but 15 or 20 times? how about a beer keg full of water and sand? can you curl a 100lb barbell with one hand? its not considered revolutionary because its new but because so many have forgotten what it means to really train hard like the oldtimers did. these were the guys who only weigh 200-220 and were much stronger and in better shape than the majority of "champions" today. Thank you for your time and good day.
    I'm probably 30lbs lighter than you and can DL more than that 15-20 times, and I did that all with a BB'ing style workout. Thanks for the contribution though.

    I actually just got the Dinosaur Training Handbook though and find it somewhat interesting. Not my thing necessarily, though.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by satyricon View Post
    sorry guys i wasnt really trying to start s**t with anyone but was trying to stick up for my style of training as everytime i see a thread come up on dino training someone is bashing it and making stupid jokes. oh, and i do not recall bashing Coleman even a tiny bit. he is a very strong BB and started out as a powerlifter. I was refering to the lightweights who spend more $$ and time on supps and gym memberships than on food and pig iron. but sorry to get you youngsters all riled up.

    dino training huh? what I take from it is you are basically using compound exercises correct?

  20. Quote Originally Posted by gotripped View Post
    dino training huh? what I take from it is you are basically using compound exercises correct?

    yes. nothing different really other than some odd off hand lifts and odd object work. DT is where most of your GPP with sandbags and stuff like that comes from.

    Kabuki is a monster.

    Dinosaur training is more about a mindset than anything. Its just about getting back to the basics and working them hard, and not being pulled here there being distracted by things that are worthless to your goals of being stronger and bigger.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous One View Post
    yes. nothing different really other than some odd off hand lifts and odd object work. DT is where most of your GPP with sandbags and stuff like that comes from.

    Kabuki is a monster.

    Dinosaur training is more about a mindset than anything. Its just about getting back to the basics and working them hard, and not being pulled here there being distracted by things that are worthless to your goals of being stronger and bigger.
    After I read this thread I did some one-hand Barbell curls. There are my new bicep exercise.


    Where can I get a copy of "dinosaur traning"?

  22. Ironmind may sell it if I'm not mistaken. Here is you one to try.

    Take a regular olympic bar and hammer curl it. Its a job. You can turn it into a hammer curl press combo.

  23. hey guys just trying to keep this thread going and also admit that my first comments were a little on the harsh side. to each his own. by the way check out www.oldtimestrongman.com for some really good info on hard training with less science. it doesnt need to be as compicated as some make it. i am merely trying to "enlighten"folks by taking a look back in time when guys were very strong and healthy and didnt really have much in the way of supps and anabolics.that said, anyone else try vertical bar deadlifts for time? i use an old olympic sleeve removed from the bar. load it up and pick it up. fun stuff!

  24. wow thats impressive...gonna have to add some one arm snatches and see how i do

  25. Quote Originally Posted by krogtaar View Post
    wow thats impressive...gonna have to add some one arm snatches and see how i do

    they are a fun lift to do occasionally. I've never worked them more than 2-3 week at time, and I've actually done them very little.

    honestly they are fun to see someone do them, but don't let stuff like that distract you from plain old squats, presses, rows, and deadlifts with the foucs on being adding weight to these movements everytime you can. Thats where the meat is.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. SHR # 1276 :: Dinosaur Training Question And Answers Sessi
    By triceptor in forum SHR Show Archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2014, 02:00 PM
  2. SHR # 1276 :: Dinosaur Training Question And Answers Sessi
    By triceptor in forum SHR Show Archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2013, 05:43 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 11:28 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 10:26 AM
  5. DINOSAUR TRAINING
    By winsome90 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 12-30-2007, 12:00 AM
Log in
Log in