get some kegs!!!! - AnabolicMinds.com

get some kegs!!!!

1. New Member

get some kegs!!!!

any of you guys who are bored or stale in your regular training, heres a good way to have fun, change things up and help in your other lifts. get a few empty kegs. you can fill em with water,sand(or both) concrete(if your a monster). you can do clean/presses,snatches,bearhug lifts carries,get creative! there are tons of books and websites to learn from and if you get a full keg you get to finish off all the beer first. the water filled keg really challenges your stability and is an incredible workout.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Yeah kegs are fun. Snatches sound dangerous. There is a contest that I might try that has a 220# keg clean and press which seems ridiculously hard.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.

lol you powerlifters are great lol!
    •   

4. New Member

well the snatches are more like a swing overhead/squat type move done with a pony keg and outdoors of course.if i lose it i just bail out,no worries. wow a 220# clean/press, sounds like a worthy endeavor. i wish there were some amatuer contests in my area,unfortunatly the strongman stuff is more of a novelty here. oh well.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Log clean and press is one of my best events, but I just can't imagine pressing a 220# keg with the terrible handles that they have for pressing.

Have you ever checked the NAS (North American Strongman) site for contests? They do seem to mainly be in the midwest from what I remember.
  6. New Member

i love doing **** like that. thats how i got into lifting. ive thought about getting a keg, taking all necessary cups, ......i mean steps, to empty it, and then just letting the beer store keep the deposit.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Haha just saw this great idea. Two weeks ago I had a 3/4 full keg left from a wedding/baptism. I didn't have time to get to the gym that day so I just grabbed the full keg, pressed it up over my head a few sets, then did sets of stairs with it on my shoulder. I thought I was going to die!! Such a great workout and test of strength. It really was lots of fun though
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddono25 View Post
    Haha just saw this great idea. Two weeks ago I had a 3/4 full keg left from a wedding/baptism. I didn't have time to get to the gym that day so I just grabbed the full keg, pressed it up over my head a few sets, then did sets of stairs with it on my shoulder. I thought I was going to die!! Such a great workout and test of strength. It really was lots of fun though
    Sound like a great workout to implement every once in while!

Similar Forum Threads

1. can i get some help please?????????
    By bgfun80 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-03-2003, 08:35 PM
  2. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-07-2003, 07:58 PM
  3. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 05-16-2003, 12:28 PM
  4. Let's get some pics up laides and gentlemen!
    By windwords7 in forum Pics
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-22-2003, 05:51 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2002, 08:03 AM