Need help with my core

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I need help with my core. I love squats, and just recently, over the past couple months or so, starting incorporating deadlifts into my training routine. I keep deads at a low weight and in the 1-5 rep range due to a back injury, but I really like to do them. I know that core strength is key for both of these lifts, as well as many other lifts. But I would really like to bring up both of these, which is why I'm coming to you guys for advice on how to increase my core strength. I don't think situps and hyperextensions are exactly what I need to do to increase my core, so what else is there? Or is it really that simple?

donk

Awards
Lower Back- #1 Good Mornings probable best, Reverse hypers, 45 degree hypers, Glute Ham Raise, Cable or Band Pull throughs

ABs- all types of situps but u need to use more then bodyweight. Hold a dumbell or plate behind your head or on your chest and do heavy sets of 12 reps.
Holding behind head tends to stress lower abs more while a dumbell on chest near chin hits uppers. (at least for me)

BIX

Awards
Lower Back- #1 Good Mornings probable best, Reverse hypers, 45 degree hypers, Glute Ham Raise, Cable or Band Pull throughs

ABs- all types of situps but u need to use more then bodyweight. Hold a dumbell or plate behind your head or on your chest and do heavy sets of 12 reps.
Holding behind head tends to stress lower abs more while a dumbell on chest near chin hits uppers. (at least for me)
good advice, i'd say good mornings and glute ham raise would be 2 of the best

poppa flex

Awards
i would hit obliques,abs with bands front and both sides.get a dumbell and go on a situp bench and do forward for 10 side 5 other side 5 then 5 full range!those are killers...invest in a grappler.those are prolly the best of the best!any questions shoot me up!