Explosive strength training and plyos

Thaiclinch

Thaiclinch

Awards
Hey peeps maybe someone on here can give me a hand.
I just started training new gym and inside they have alot of the gear that they use in strongmen competition.
I recently started using the Tires, weighted sled, and other assorted pieces.
Im not training for these strongman events but Im trying to incorporate these new functional exercises into my routine to add more explosiveness in my fight game. Im a semi pro submission wrestler, so things like 450lb tire flips, sprinting through a warehouse dragging 350lbs behind me and doing box jumps and kettle bell swings seems like all good stuff for me to be doing. My rouitine normaly looks like this

2FT box jumps, sets of 20 with 45sec - 1 min break in between each set for 30 min avg hrt is about 168

450LB tire flips 6 x 6

350LB sled drag, The distance ie about 40 yrds on concrete I do about 8 sprints dragging with this or until my legs just cash out.

I also do regular cardio and weight training.
But I want to know if anyone else does any type of training like this and what your routine is like. Also if you can throw in any other exercises you can think about that would help with my explosiveness.
Thanks.

Thaiclinch

Thaiclinch

Awards
Man with all the peeps on these forums I figured at least one person would reply.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
This was probably just lost in the shuffle about this supplement or that supplement.
I'm sure some explosive olympic lifts would benefit you also. Throw some Cleans in there. Also, if your gym has one of those small sheets of metal with a metal tube attached on a hinge for the end of a barbell, the kind of thing you put up against a wall, well you can use that to do some Fingal Fingers type exercises. Those are fun.

BIX

Awards
Hey peeps maybe someone on here can give me a hand.
I just started training new gym and inside they have alot of the gear that they use in strongmen competition.
I recently started using the Tires, weighted sled, and other assorted pieces.
Im not training for these strongman events but Im trying to incorporate these new functional exercises into my routine to add more explosiveness in my fight game. Im a semi pro submission wrestler, so things like 450lb tire flips, sprinting through a warehouse dragging 350lbs behind me and doing box jumps and kettle bell swings seems like all good stuff for me to be doing. My rouitine normaly looks like this

2FT box jumps, sets of 20 with 45sec - 1 min break in between each set for 30 min avg hrt is about 168

450LB tire flips 6 x 6

350LB sled drag, The distance ie about 40 yrds on concrete I do about 8 sprints dragging with this or until my legs just cash out.

I also do regular cardio and weight training.
But I want to know if anyone else does any type of training like this and what your routine is like. Also if you can throw in any other exercises you can think about that would help with my explosiveness.
Thanks.
if you can get your hands on a prowler, those are great too

i'd recommend tryingsome of phil phister's workouts like cable pullthroughs...their hard to explain so just watch

http://www.teamsbix.com/teamsbix/showthread.php?t=111

poppa flex

Awards
speed squats with bands or chains will give you alot of explosion!