Kabuki's Meet Results

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
From my APA meet yesterday 8/18/07 in Lake Oswego Oregon

This is my first meet in almost 3 years, and my first total in powerlifting. Previously I did years of 2 lift meets.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Interesting meet. The most challenging circumstances I have lifted under for sure. It was this feds first meet in Oregon and they were breaking in a new crew, and I talked to Scott afterwards and he plans on having his act together for next year. I also left him my number in case he needs some equipment, bars, or help that has meet experience.

I will not discuss a lot of the problems but just mention a few of the very challenging aspects that hit me hard.

* Lifting on a hard wood platform. Feet were actually sliding out while setting up and performing the lift!!!
* No leg drive at all on bench for the same reason with slick hardwood platform. However I did finally find some stickum spray for my final bench.
* The advertised Okie Deadlift bar was just a standard Powerbar so that was unanticipated.

I’ll just leave it at that because I know they will do better next year.

SQUAT:
Went up to 806lbs for my fourth attempt on the squats for a world record in my class. Most of these were filmed from a kneeling position from the front by my wife. And those that film squats know that this position causes them to look shallow on film. However a couple audience members did track me down and I saw footage of my lift from side and I definitely went below parallel even on the 806. Not to mention the 3 whites on all four.

BENCH:
Since I didn’t have a lot of time in the new Bench shirt before the meet I did a token raw lift as an opener, which turned out to be good thing as I missed my shirted lifts. Should have been wise and stuck with my old shirt that I’ve been regularly hitting the heavy weights in even though I was concerned it was about to blow due to age. I should have just used my old shirt that I’ve been hitting 620-630 with fairly regularly in the gym…oh well.

DEADLIFT:
Well right before the Deadlift they called me in to help tell them which bar was the Okie dead bar. As noted above outside the Squat bar they only had two powerbars, and I did not have enough time to send my wife home to grab my Okie bar. With the time spent looking at the different bars I only time for a couple singles to warm-up before the flight started. Which was probably fine as I was pretty damn shot at this point.

I hit an easy 630 opener. Then bumped it to 670 which flew off the floor, however I only grabbed it with my fingertips so I could only hang on to it for so long…which wasn’t long enough. I would normally have gone for the 670 again, but I was already out of the running for the WR total record. So I bumped it the 700, which I’ve wanted for awhile. The weight flew off the ground but just came to dead stall prior to locking it. I need to be working a lot of Band resisted pulling into my next training cycle as it felt as if I could handle in the mid 700’s off the floor.

Oh yeah, even after giving up 280lbs between the Bench and Deadlift I still had the best total by formula. It was a small venue.

Additional Notes:
I had a blast! Met a lot of lifters and was able to help many and watch them get immediate results. Also have a couple athletes lined up for when I expand my training center this winter.

As many of you know this last two weeks has been a struggle for me. It was great to have the weights in my hands and on my back again testing me to see what the recent neglect has done. I’ve only been able to workout a couple times and have dropped from 249 to 241(not intentionally as I had planned to cut water and recomp) with working every evening and long weekends trying to frame in and seal up the center third section of my upper floor of my house that I cut out.

I had a lot of anxiety building up without being able to get under the bar like I wanted to. It felt oh so good to feel the joy of victory and pain of defeat in the never ending battle with the Iron again on Saturday.

billm311

billm311

Awards
  • Established
wow buddy, huge, great job. I only wish I was closer to you to get some technique/form help.

For now I watch vids, looking good.

Diesel for sure

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Was a lot of fun watching this bud. GREAT job!

The bench I know is kinda a bummer, bc I know you can lift more than that...also that last dead looked as if you had it...oh well..great job...

WHAT a squat dude!! Mad props!!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Great job, we just came back from the powerstation pros here in Ohio this weekend. It was a lot of fun. We did however watch them cart a guy off to the hospital so stay safe!!!

donk

Awards
Nice work. That platform looked like hell to squat on on your second squat attempt you can see your left foot side out after you set up.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Nice work. That platform looked like hell to squat on on your second squat attempt you can see your left foot side out after you set up.
yeah it was pretty crazy.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Animal job Kabuki! I cant watch the vid at work but i really wanna see how it went down. What was your totals then?

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Animal job Kabuki! I cant watch the vid at work but i really wanna see how it went down. What was your totals then?
1796. but i gave up at least 240lbs on the bench alone.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
You're an animal, Kabuki. That's one serious squat that you have.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys! That was the first time i was able to really push my self hard on squat as i have not had enough spotters at my home gym to push it that hard.

I'm still Sore!!!

Anyway its interesting to note that my squat has been my weakest lift up till now. When i started focusing on it 3 years ago my bench and deadlift were pretty much in the same spot (580 and 650 then) while my squat was at 450lbs:rofl:

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Kabuki, insane squats bro! Good God son u made those look easy. Ur last dead was impressive as well, even if it wasn't completed. Ur a beast bro, I want to see more videos from u too.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Kabuki, insane squats bro! Good God son u made those look easy. Ur last dead was impressive as well, even if it wasn't completed. Ur a beast bro, I want to see more videos from u too.
Thanks! comments are appreciated

check out my training log :stick: i've got 260+ video's attached this year. like the title in my sig says...the most detailed online video log.

Link24

Awards
  • Established
Great work man!!! I look forward to watching your next meet

poppa flex

Awards
awesome job man!
keep pushin that bar higher and higher!

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
December 1st most likely.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How far away are you there is a nice meet coming up in October in Ohio

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
MEH89

MEH89

Awards
  • Established
Great job on the meet. There was very good lifting great job on the squats, the second one was great, slow out of the hole, slow but even, and steady all the way to a strong lockout, Wade Hooper style, asome lift. The third deadlift was bye far the best, you droped your hips, and got the most of your suit, very strong attempt at 700, soon youll be hitting it for reps. Overall looks like you had a great meet, and learned somethings cant beat that. So great job, and good look in the gym, and on the platform. Mark

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
thanks. on those first few squats i was waiting on a depth call so i was waiting and focusing on that....it threw me off so after that i just dropped and squated. i was waiting for the call from my spotter as i had been squating deeper than i had needed to in practice leading up to it. like this
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkvSK_d18Q4"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

need to get deadlift form dialed and work on some posterior chain strength.

Bench...don't change damn shirt weeks before meet.