Jesse Marunde dead

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Very sad. My sympathy goes out to those closest to him.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I don't believe it. I know someone who knows him.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Wow that is a shame.I feel for his family.

I was hoping for big things from him in future strongman comps.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
This was posted a little while ago on the Marunde Muscle Forum.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friends, we suffered a great loss in the strongman community last evening. The Sequim Crew was doing what they do. Training hard and particularly training Jesse for the WSM contest in Anaheim. He died quickly and painlessly.

The squat set was as follows:
230kg x 8
190kg x 8
150kg x 8
110kg x 8
70kg x 8
Followed immediately by:
600# tire flip
265# stone load
All of this was done with no rest between sets. Rack, pull, go
At the completion of these sets Jesse laid on his back, on the cold floor like normal. Breck and Sarge noticed that his breathing was laborious. Jesse became incoherent and stopped breathing. We administered cpr, called 911 and continued to resusitate until paramedics arrived. They set up the defibrillator, epinephrin, to no avail. He was worked on for over an hour between Breck, Sarge and the paramedics.

These are the facts as it happened. We are deeply saddened by this tragic loss. We appreciate your support and prayers.

The Sequim Crew

tattoopierced1

i wonder if they'll do an autopsy to see exactly what happened... wonder if he had a pre-existing heart condition...

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I really don't know what to think. I'm assuming he didn't have any pre-existing conditions. Maybe the he overexerted himself to the point of his heart becoming out of rythm (palpitations), and then when it hit tac, his heart was literally too strong to slow down.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
It definitely sucks. He was an animal and part of that group of young competitive Americans that are on the rise in Strongman. I wish his family the best.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Very sad. I enjoyed watching him compete. My prayers will be with his family and friends.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, man! Say it ain't so!! Seeing Jesse compete on ESPN in the WSM competitions was one major factor in me getting back into the gym a few years ago. This man was an animal. And at the same age as me, it's a real shame that it happened.

My sincerest wishes go out to all he knew, loved, and touched in some special way.

Thank Jesse, for all you've done for people like me.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
RIP. I have much respect for the powerlifters. Hopefully he'll find some tires to flip up there.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thats terrible, even worse that his friends were there and couldn't save him. I imagine it will be hard for them to have seen that. I'm glad he didnt suffer to much.

He was to young to die!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Best of wishes to those who knew and loved him. My prayers are with his family. You were a good man Jesse.
You will be strongly missed.

MEH89

MEH89

Awards
  • Established
That is very sad.Great Athlete, and have heard great person. I hope where ever he is that he is resting in peace, and that his family is okay. RIP Jesse

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
very, very sad indeed.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Wow thats way to young to die, RIP Jesse.