Where to buy Box squat?

  1. Where to buy Box squat?


    Hey guys,

    Anyone know of site sites where I can get a box for box squats? I hear they do wonders for your squat, and are good to come back after injuries. Thanks!


  2. I just use pads at my gym. they are rubber pads maybe 2 inches thick each, just pile them up until you ge tthe depth you want. I've see guys using the movable flat benches as well.

  3. You mean the adjustable incline/decline/flat bench?
    •   
       


  4. How about a milk crate?

  5. elitefts.com

  6. I have used the movable flat benches, and also the aerobic pilons.

    Raid the aerobics room and get four or five of the platform pilons and stack them up. You can sit back on those and it works pretty well.

  7. Just go to your local lumber yard and make your own.

  8. You can also take rubber bumper plates and stack them up to the desired height if your desperate.

  9. Concrete Blocks
    8"ers
    4"caps
    2"caps

    10$ Lowes

    Adjustable And Strong As A Block Wall

  10. Quote Originally Posted by flytrapcan View Post
    I've see guys using the movable flat benches as well.

    I do that, just becareful of your back. You dont want your spine looking like this... S!

  11. In my gym we just us plyo boxes, we have several heights of them, and there made of steel. I wouldnt go to elite fitness to much money, make your own of wood, look at the pictures of west side they us a wood box. Just make it strong because your body weight, bar weight, all on the box could be an accident wating to happen. What is the injury your recovering from??

  12. Elite Fitness! Yeah, its a bit pricey, but the quality is inbelievable and everyone should try to support those who support lifting!

    Jason

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Jason Pegg View Post
    Elite Fitness! Yeah, its a bit pricey, but the quality is inbelievable and everyone should try to support those who support lifting!

    Jason
    ^^^

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Jason Pegg View Post
    Elite Fitness! Yeah, its a bit pricey, but the quality is inbelievable and everyone should try to support those who support lifting!

    Jason
    Good Point Jason, didnt think of it that way.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by CustomNW View Post
    I do that, just becareful of your back. You dont want your spine looking like this... S!
    That occurs from guys literally dropping themselves onto it, as opposed to sitting back onto it, not what the box is.

    Jason

  16. I build an adjustable one out of wood
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  17. build!!!
    easier and cheaper!cut pieces of plywood to adjust height!
    example would be make that standard box 12" hi
    then get 1"playwood and cut it 5 or 6 times and you got a 16"box!

  18. Make your own. Cheaper and better.

  19. I just use a chair. Make sure it doesn't roll, that'd end up very bad...

  20. I tried them the first time Friday and the bench was wobbing and felt like it was going to collapse. Im not using that one anymore.

    What else to you guys use?

    I like the step-up idea..

    also I might try this box we have at the gym,just a normal box..ill start out light.

    any other idea's besides buying a box. I dont think i'll make one; although my brother builds stuff.

    If you build it you make one side 13 one side 14 and one side 16 , or however many inches you want. Might have to end of getting it made.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

  21. well if your using a gym i wouldnt expect there be much options besides the benches or plyo-boxes if they have em. options are limited at gyms that dont cater to the harcore lifters who think outside the box

    i've seen the elitefitness videos and all it seems they use sheets of 3/4 in plywood stacked up to the heigth they need.

  22. I have built several sets for at work and the gym. I build them 29"X29", if your setting back like you should be a 16" box is not gonna cut it. Anyways I use 2x4 and 2x6's with 3/4" plywood on top. The rubber pads at the gym are handy for small adjustments in height or at work I just place a 10lb plate in each corner to get an extra inch of height.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic32 View Post
    I have built several sets for at work and the gym. I build them 29"X29", if your setting back like you should be a 16" box is not gonna cut it. Anyways I use 2x4 and 2x6's with 3/4" plywood on top. The rubber pads at the gym are handy for small adjustments in height or at work I just place a 10lb plate in each corner to get an extra inch of height.
    okay I read some Louie Simmon stuffs saying to sit back and I saw Jason Pegg say to sit down. i guess you can do both. ive done the sitting back thing on a 16 inch with light weight and didnt quite get the groove.

    Its almost like falling back right. letting your body almost fall backwards while controlling it.....

    Jason Pegg describes it as just sitting down.

    If a 26 in box is needed might have to get one made. I want the box squat the most effective way. whether its falling back and coming back up almost squeezing the hams and glutes..which i tried or just like a regular squat. so something tells me its whatever way you get best results. Falling back for me was harder because I never did it before. yes it was harder on 16 inches as well.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

  24. I always use the cardio steppers. You get about 1.5" increments, and they are plenty stable.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by lk9932 View Post
    Hey guys,

    Anyone know of site sites where I can get a box for box squats? I hear they do wonders for your squat, and are good to come back after injuries. Thanks!
    The next time you are in the grocery store see if they have and plastic boxes the ship 2 liter soda bottles in. These stack nicely. Plastic milk boxes work good too. The type they ship gallons of milk in.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by johnyq View Post
    I always use the cardio steppers. You get about 1.5" increments, and they are plenty stable.
    how much can these hold though? are they be safe at 275-475 lbs? has anyone gone this high on cardio steppers?
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

  27. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    how much can these hold though? are they be safe at 275-475 lbs? has anyone gone this high on cardio steppers?
    I've seen some 400 pound women bouncing on them

    I box squat 315, plus my bodyweight (200), and it hasn't given me any reason for concern. I squat to the end of it, not in the middle (so its turned long ways towards me, not sideways).

    the REAL answer to your question I do not know, only that it seems to work fine for me. Definitely a valid concern.

  28. http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...id=295&pid=580

    http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=295&pid=1419

    I am floating around a 600 box squat and EFS products are holding up just fine...
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //

  29. Quote Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...id=295&pid=580

    http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=295&pid=1419

    I am floating around a 600 box squat and EFS products are holding up just fine...
    nice. maybe oneday in the ftuture when i have more money. for now its something else like carts, cardio steppers, or making one.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

  30. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    nice. maybe oneday in the ftuture when i have more money. for now its something else like carts, cardio steppers, or making one.
    When i am not at home, i stack plates. Efficient and effective.
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //

  31. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    okay I read some Louie Simmon stuffs saying to sit back and I saw Jason Pegg say to sit down. i guess you can do both. ive done the sitting back thing on a 16 inch with light weight and didnt quite get the groove.

    Its almost like falling back right. letting your body almost fall backwards while controlling it.....

    Jason Pegg describes it as just sitting down.

    If a 26 in box is needed might have to get one made. I want the box squat the most effective way. whether its falling back and coming back up almost squeezing the hams and glutes..which i tried or just like a regular squat. so something tells me its whatever way you get best results. Falling back for me was harder because I never did it before. yes it was harder on 16 inches as well.
    I say sit back, but then again I train Westside style. The big reason for sitting back is to allow your shins to break perpendicular with the floor, this can not be accomplished witout the box because you will fall over backwards. Once youu have made contact with the box quickly release and bring yourself up off the box with glutes and hip flexors,,IF YOUR QUADS FLEX FIRST YOUR DOING IT WRONG,, There are some good videos out there that demostrate the technique. It takes a little time to get the groove, but once you get it your weight will go up accordingly..Good Luck Man Check out these videos ,,they will help ya

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue_GrU4mhqc"]YouTube - westside box squat 1[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t156u5VuBTw"]YouTube - westside box squat 2[/ame]
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Where to buy 1,4-Diol?
    By BudHeavy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 04:52 PM
  2. Where to buy Box squat?
    By lk9932 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 10:14 AM
  3. Where to buy post cycle supplies now that LR has bad rep?
    By The Conqueror in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 10:19 PM
  4. Liquid solutions out of clomid - Where to buy?
    By dannyboy5000 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-26-2003, 12:47 AM
  5. Where to buy t-1 pro
    By gh0stface killa in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-28-2003, 06:04 PM
Log in
Log in