New guy on the Powerlifting scene - AnabolicMinds.com

New guy on the Powerlifting scene

1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

New guy on the Powerlifting scene

I competed in bodybuilding in my teen years when it was "easy" for me to do. Now I am heavy into my college baseball and haveing great succes.I now have to hang up my man thong and oil for a while....lol. I stil got the bug though

Last year i pressed a 385 raw bench weighing about 195lbs while training in a somewhat modified Powerlifting bench routine, but I didnt pursue it much after until just recently. I have recently pressed 365 on Incline bench weighing roughly 185~190lbs on a "cutting" diet (150~175cabs/day). This has gotten me extremley interested about my raw bench powerlifting. I was looking to hit it @ the wolverine this OCT. and beeing in the collegient division.

I have searched and discorved a few routines that may work into my split. The thing is I stil wan't need to train somwhat similar to what im doing now for overall body comp. and strength to keep my baseball status, but I figured maybe benching 425 wont hurt me on the diamond either. Could anyone help me put together a routine heres my current split.

Mon: Chest/Front delts-----16sets/4sets
    Tue:Back/Rear delts/traps-----12sets/5sets/4sets
    Wed: Legs-----20sets
    Thur:Tricep----12sets
    Fri: Bicep/forarms-----10sets/3 supersets
    Sat:OFF
    Sun:OFF

Thanks guys
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

2. New Member

Check out the Westside Database in the Sticky section. Adding Max effort days either singles or triples might change your recovery and you will most likely redo your split. The main thing is just to start and see how you feel.
  3. New Member

Westside routine would probally be the way to go. If you need help with your routine ask some questions.
    •   

4. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    I competed in bodybuilding in my teen years when it was "easy" for me to do. Now I am heavy into my college baseball and haveing great succes.I now have to hang up my man thong and oil for a while....lol. I stil got the bug though

Last year i pressed a 385 raw bench weighing about 195lbs while training in a somewhat modified Powerlifting bench routine, but I didnt pursue it much after until just recently. I have recently pressed 365 on Incline bench weighing roughly 185~190lbs on a "cutting" diet (150~175cabs/day). This has gotten me extremley interested about my raw bench powerlifting. I was looking to hit it @ the wolverine this OCT. and beeing in the collegient division.

I have searched and discorved a few routines that may work into my split. The thing is I stil wan't need to train somwhat similar to what im doing now for overall body comp. and strength to keep my baseball status, but I figured maybe benching 425 wont hurt me on the diamond either. Could anyone help me put together a routine heres my current split.

Mon: Chest/Front delts-----16sets/4sets
    Tue:Back/Rear delts/traps-----12sets/5sets/4sets
    Wed: Legs-----20sets
    Thur:Tricep----12sets
    Fri: Bicep/forarms-----10sets/3 supersets
    Sat:OFF
    Sun:OFF

Thanks guys

like posted already research Westside-Barbell or Elitefts. good resources.

for you split you have to really change your mindset.

you don't have a chest day...you have a bench day and lifts that support benching.

you don't have a leg day...you have a squat day and lifts that support a squat.

It is a very important distinction and is what seperates BB and PL. You may not nescessarily do a bench or squat every one of those days, but you will be doing work to support that lift...not a specific muscle group.
    1010 Squat @ 220 (#1 ranking in world) 801 Dead @ 198 (#1 ranking in world)
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-22-2012, 07:58 AM
  2. new guy on the forum...
    By datkid in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 04:34 AM
  3. New Man On The Block
    By SNOWMAN in forum Pics
    Replies: 9