New guy on the Powerlifting scene

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I competed in bodybuilding in my teen years when it was "easy" for me to do. Now I am heavy into my college baseball and haveing great succes.I now have to hang up my man thong and oil for a while....lol. I stil got the bug though

Last year i pressed a 385 raw bench weighing about 195lbs while training in a somewhat modified Powerlifting bench routine, but I didnt pursue it much after until just recently. I have recently pressed 365 on Incline bench weighing roughly 185~190lbs on a "cutting" diet (150~175cabs/day). This has gotten me extremley interested about my raw bench powerlifting. I was looking to hit it @ the wolverine this OCT. and beeing in the collegient division.

I have searched and discorved a few routines that may work into my split. The thing is I stil wan't need to train somwhat similar to what im doing now for overall body comp. and strength to keep my baseball status, but I figured maybe benching 425 wont hurt me on the diamond either. Could anyone help me put together a routine heres my current split.

Mon: Chest/Front delts-----16sets/4sets
Tue:Back/Rear delts/traps-----12sets/5sets/4sets
Wed: Legs-----20sets
Thur:Tricep----12sets
Fri: Bicep/forarms-----10sets/3 supersets
Sat:OFF
Sun:OFF

Thanks guys

donk

Awards
Check out the Westside Database in the Sticky section. Adding Max effort days either singles or triples might change your recovery and you will most likely redo your split. The main thing is just to start and see how you feel.

BigBenchKinc

Awards
Westside routine would probally be the way to go. If you need help with your routine ask some questions.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
I competed in bodybuilding in my teen years when it was "easy" for me to do. Now I am heavy into my college baseball and haveing great succes.I now have to hang up my man thong and oil for a while....lol. I stil got the bug though

Last year i pressed a 385 raw bench weighing about 195lbs while training in a somewhat modified Powerlifting bench routine, but I didnt pursue it much after until just recently. I have recently pressed 365 on Incline bench weighing roughly 185~190lbs on a "cutting" diet (150~175cabs/day). This has gotten me extremley interested about my raw bench powerlifting. I was looking to hit it @ the wolverine this OCT. and beeing in the collegient division.

I have searched and discorved a few routines that may work into my split. The thing is I stil wan't need to train somwhat similar to what im doing now for overall body comp. and strength to keep my baseball status, but I figured maybe benching 425 wont hurt me on the diamond either. Could anyone help me put together a routine heres my current split.

Mon: Chest/Front delts-----16sets/4sets
Tue:Back/Rear delts/traps-----12sets/5sets/4sets
Wed: Legs-----20sets
Thur:Tricep----12sets
Fri: Bicep/forarms-----10sets/3 supersets
Sat:OFF
Sun:OFF

Thanks guys

like posted already research Westside-Barbell or Elitefts. good resources.

for you split you have to really change your mindset.

you don't have a chest day...you have a bench day and lifts that support benching.

you don't have a leg day...you have a squat day and lifts that support a squat.

It is a very important distinction and is what seperates BB and PL. You may not nescessarily do a bench or squat every one of those days, but you will be doing work to support that lift...not a specific muscle group.