Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by CRUNCH View Post
    donk is spot on about deads taxing the hell out of your CNS. I'm only pulling every other week now, and it's helped a lot. Hit 500 for 10 a couple weeks ago (that was a big PR), as I'm getting ready to start competing in strongman again.

Congrats on the 405, you'll have 5 plates in no time.
    That's what my partner has been saying to me as well. It's just so hard sometimes to decide not to deadlift after you fall in love with exercise. I am going to take a break from them in the upcoming week however, and might decide to pull every other week as well. We'll see how it goes though, cuz it's one of my favorite exercises.

500 for 10!!! Holy crap, you must let out a big when you pull 405!!! Damn I need to get my numbers up

2. congrats on 405, i remember when I hit 405 it was such a mental rush. How tall are you? Im 6'3 and it sucks ive been stuck at the 440lb range for somewhile
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Outside Backer View Post
    congrats on 405, i remember when I hit 405 it was such a mental rush. How tall are you? Im 6'3 and it sucks ive been stuck at the 440lb range for somewhile
    Yeah, it gave me quite the mental rush as well. I remember as soon as I did it I almost wanted to try to do it again, lol. At this point though I'm trying to work back into lifting heavy again, hopefully I'lll be able to do it again soon.

I'm 5'11, so I'm not exactly on the taller side. But I have short legs which I feel gives me a slight advantage when it comes to deadlifting and squatting.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 405 x 20 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By biggkarim in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 12:55 AM
  2. for a 405 bench is this solid
    By poacher in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 02:02 PM
  3. My First Video - BB Squats: 405 - 5 Reps
    By Sporto in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 12:09 PM
  4. Poobah On the Road to 405 with John Pinder.
    By Poobah in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 190
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 06:56 PM
  5. Straightened up with 405
    By hemotep in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-12-2003, 07:43 PM