What is your best Front Squat?
- 05-09-2008, 01:43 AM
- 05-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Which lift is better for overall leg development, front or back squats? I can't do back squats right now due to an injury, but front squats can be done fine.
05-23-2008, 04:10 AM
Pretty sure front squats are just more of a quad loaded exercise. Back squats are more hamstring and glute loaded exercise.
I would just say back squats seeing as more weight, usually, is being distributed throughout your muscles but i dont know any scientific evidence about it.
what kind of injury do you have?
05-23-2008, 05:39 PM
05-23-2008, 06:38 PM
hmmm and front squats dont hurt your knees? that's weird. have you tried a wider stance on back squats? that seemed to help my knee pain
05-23-2008, 07:58 PM
definately back squats, front squats is just an isolation of the quads, back works glutes,quads, and hamms
05-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Front squats are okay on my left knee, which is odd considering back squats hurt it. I'll try the wide stance tomorrow.
07-15-2008, 03:29 PM
09-11-2008, 12:53 PM
anymore than 225 or so i feel like my shoulders are gonna fall of
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. -Rippetoe
10-18-2008, 09:31 PM
12-20-2008, 06:59 AM
12-22-2008, 03:13 PM
01-24-2009, 12:49 AM
Should have had an 'Over 700lbs' option on the poll in case Mark Henry or Hossein Rezazadeh dropped by the forum.
Similar Forum Threads
- By benmayro in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 05-14-2012, 06:51 PM
- By christine123 in forum RecipesReplies: 24Last Post: 12-28-2011, 02:04 PM
- By zacrob23 in forum Weight LossReplies: 7Last Post: 01-18-2011, 11:27 AM
- By FrTimothy in forum SupplementsReplies: 15Last Post: 02-06-2009, 01:47 PM
- By scrappydog in forum SupplementsReplies: 8Last Post: 05-09-2007, 04:43 PM