Poll: How much can you Front Squat?

What is your best Front Squat?

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. just did lunges and split squats for the first time yesterday evening (a few hours ago) 225x5 each leg on both exercises, gonna try and jump up to 250x5 next week.
    IronMagLabs Representative - Adrenolin15 = 15% OFF
    Bench Press 515x3, 315x21, 275x30, 225x43 || Squat 315x39 || Deads 405x33

2. Which lift is better for overall leg development, front or back squats? I can't do back squats right now due to an injury, but front squats can be done fine.
    •   

3. Pretty sure front squats are just more of a quad loaded exercise. Back squats are more hamstring and glute loaded exercise.
    I would just say back squats seeing as more weight, usually, is being distributed throughout your muscles but i dont know any scientific evidence about it.

what kind of injury do you have?

4. Left knee doesn't like it when I do back squats. It hurts the farther I go past parallel.

5. hmmm and front squats dont hurt your knees? that's weird. have you tried a wider stance on back squats? that seemed to help my knee pain
    •   

6. definately back squats, front squats is just an isolation of the quads, back works glutes,quads, and hamms

7. Quote Originally Posted by sreed11 View Post
    hmmm and front squats dont hurt your knees? that's weird. have you tried a wider stance on back squats? that seemed to help my knee pain
    I have tried a wide stance, but I can hardly hit parallel with it, I think it's due to the lack of flexibility in my hips. I can try again tomorrow though.

Front squats are okay on my left knee, which is odd considering back squats hurt it. I'll try the wide stance tomorrow.

8. 405 x 6 ATG at 256lbs,

9. anymore than 225 or so i feel like my shoulders are gonna fall of
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. -Rippetoe

10. I just hit a PR of 245 at ~175lb w00t

11. 410LBS X 2 Hoping to put another 50-80 lbs on that in the next 6 months though.

12. Should have had an 'Over 700lbs' option on the poll in case Mark Henry or Hossein Rezazadeh dropped by the forum.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. what is the best way to tell your bodyfat
    By benmayro in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 06:51 PM
  2. What is your best recipe for eggs?
    By christine123 in forum Recipes
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-28-2011, 02:04 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-18-2011, 11:27 AM
  4. What is the Best, PLEASE state your opinion.
    By FrTimothy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 01:47 PM
  5. What is your best fatloss/weightloss stack?
    By scrappydog in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 04:43 PM