Poll: How much can you Front Squat?

What is your best Front Squat?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Ther are felt in my quads. Esp outer sweep when footing is closer together. Love em!

2. Any links to a good description for front squat technique?
    •   

3. I try to keep from learning forward but man sometimes I feel my lower back trying to straighten , lenthing it, more so than (did I use this word than correctly to all you english/writing scholors or is it then, I took four college classes in Comp/writing and Loved them. I know its not required but it was learnt) front squats.

4. if it hurts keeping the bar on the chest - I suggest to start getting used to proper weightlifting style

after a while it's much easier

it is my goal to reach 200kg/440lbs

but i'm building a strenght base at the moment and it's only partial (approx 1/3) front sqat , which means a lot more weights, I'll try 290-300kg/638-660lbs this Sunday

I do not check my PR as long as i'm sure it's worth doing, I don't want to block my "psycho-berserker-mad animal thing"

5. Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    Any links to a good description for front squat technique?
    there you are

http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C...rontSquats.mov

don't laugh at that old lady lifting like a crane
    •   

6. Front Squats work, specifically the outer sweep, is much sorer verses or squat is isnt as sore.

Regular squats hit the upper mid quads more. i forget the name of this muscle. Ill be doing Fronts;a lthough, overall squats seem to make my legs more sore, Im talking Ass to ground squats, below parrell. For now Front squats.

My current eight week routine is front squats but did a shocker this week. Squats and SLDL for hams/quads. went like this , would do a set of squats , wait 3-5 mins then do sldl.Extremely sore.
    Facebook John Smeton Fitness
    youtube JohnSmetonFitness1
    Twitter SmetonFitness

7. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post

Regular squats hit the upper mid quads more. i forget the name of this muscle.

hey,

how's that possible?
    VASTUS MEDIALIS MUSCLE

things you feel are not what what you think it is

each muscle fibre gets the same tension [kg/m^2] all along

chain is as weakas the weakest link

so you can do some difference between work of each head or muscle , but differing stimulation along the lenght of each fibre is a myth

or rather commercial bollocks

8. I have no doubt that everyone is a strong mofo... but are these numbers ATF, or parrellel? Because ATF for me is a *****...

9. at least paralell, unless stated it's not
    I'm not a fond of full range in any exercise, and I regret I lost f*cking more than 15 years doing full moves, especially for shoulders and biceps

10. I typically go heavy on my back squats and use higher reps on the front squats. I feel the front squats in my lower back like hell. They tear me up way worse than back squats, but i dig the pain.....

11. 315 is the most I've done. I've tried more, but it was too much to keep my lower back straight and I dumped the weight forward.

12. This thread is old but oh well. You guys put anything under your heels? I do. I throw a 5lb plate under each foot. I feel it helps balance and realy notice a difference/ focus on the front and side.

13. 315 and it damn near choked me out at the bottom.

14. This is a sexual position question right ?

15. My current eight week routine is front squats but did a shocker this week. Squats and SLDL for hams/quads. went like this , would do a set of squats , wait 3-5 mins then do sldl.Extremely sore.
    Yeah that one's a killer! The back squat/front squat superset is another leg destroyer...

16. I can't believe this thread is still going. I tried the stingray front squat harness. It blew and was useless, so I've pretty much given up on front squats because I'm not willing to pay for the extra heavy duty squat harness.

For me its a matter of mobility in maintaining shoulders raised in that position with heavy weights.

Here is something similar i was doing earlier this year.

Zercher Squats till elbows ram the quads 410x5 followed by 430x3 (belt only)
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

17. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
    I can't believe this thread is still going. I tried the stingray front squat harness. It blew and was useless, so I've pretty much given up on front squats because I'm not willing to pay for the extra heavy duty squat harness.

For me its a matter of mobility in maintaining shoulders raised in that position with heavy weights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDcrS-Z9yks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_DtHhSXWgU

That is one of the most awkward looking lifts i have seen in quite a while...

18. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
    I can't believe this thread is still going. I tried the stingray front squat harness. It blew and was useless, so I've pretty much given up on front squats because I'm not willing to pay for the extra heavy duty squat harness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDcrS-Z9yks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_DtHhSXWgU
    So i assume you crossed your arms and it rested on your forearm area?

19. looks almost like the picture in your avatar. i hold my hands together and then rest the bar in the crook of arms. you'll want an elbow sleeve. I take the part of my sleeve that is on forearm and double it back over to reach the inside of forearm. This way it doesn't really cause any issues.

it will force air out of stomach so don't take forever doing them or you run out of air.

20. Wow, nice numbers here. 225 here, but yes it hurts the shoulders. I do want to try the front squat harness, it is a great excersise though.

21. Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    This thread is old but oh well. You guys put anything under your heels? I do. I throw a 5lb plate under each foot. I feel it helps balance and realy notice a difference/ focus on the front and side.
    I did this the other day and it makes a lot of difference. i didnt relize putting weights under your feet made that much of a difference. Leanr something new all the time. It keeps getting better and better
    Twitter SmetonFitness

22. Yea, i noticed it helped with balance a bit too. I actually used to do without. Say that in a mag Arnie had a rolled towel under his, gave it a shot, definetly liked it better.
    -The Twitch-

23. i guess ill reopen this after quite a long break

375x5
    IronMagLabs Representative - Adrenolin15 = 15% OFF
    Bench Press 515x3, 315x21, 275x30, 225x43 || Squat 315x39 || Deads 405x33

24. I find Im stronger on Zerchers than Front. Too much weight on Zerchers on the crease of my arm could be a challange. Isn't there a zercher made thing to assist with this?

Right now I dont see doing either in my upcoming routine.
    Twitter SmetonFitness

25. I can do 205 pounds for 5 reps... I love legs, there my strongest bodyparts...

26. 352.5x1
    Weightlifting elbow style,ass to grass,only belt
    Body weight whan i lift it was 169,at 5'11"

27. 375 x 1 now...

28. do any of you guys use an inclined ramp to do front squats on, i use one and a narrow stance, it really hits your quads like better than normal.
    IronMagLabs Representative - Adrenolin15 = 15% OFF
    Bench Press 515x3, 315x21, 275x30, 225x43 || Squat 315x39 || Deads 405x33
  29. vision

I just found out if I keep my feet really close together almost touching I can do these without my knees hating me. I just started going heavy on these this past week and I hit 225x2 easy at 180lbs, I was warming up for back squats and just felt like going for it, I also hit a new PR for deadlift on the same day so I was really stoked!! I finally broke 400!!. After reading this post I'm motivated to get my front squat up to 315!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. what is the best way to tell your bodyfat
    By benmayro in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 06:51 PM
  2. What is your best recipe for eggs?
    By christine123 in forum Recipes
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-28-2011, 02:04 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-18-2011, 11:27 AM
  4. What is the Best, PLEASE state your opinion.
    By FrTimothy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 01:47 PM
  5. What is your best fatloss/weightloss stack?
    By scrappydog in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 04:43 PM