Front Squats...

MiKeY ReSp

Awards
  • Established
So I decided to switch things up today for Leg Day and threw in some fronts squats...and holy crap they are hard! felt good though....

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Yep... very under-rated exercise. I tend to do them with a narrower stance than my standard "power" squats to hit my quads a bit more.

ManBeast

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
They are killer for quads. I'm going to cycle some back into my leg day. My abs get pumped from them as well.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
I love doing them over leg extensions, much better quad specific work! Narrow and Deep, Yeh! I'll be doing them in about 1.5 hrs!

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
great accessory movement for the deads

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
I love the way these feel on my quads, i did these for the first time the other day. However holding the bar up hurt my wrists, any articles or tips on how to hold this thing. The method where you cross your arms over the bar just seems so unnatural.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I love front squats!!! Sometimes Ill do a squat/frontsquat superset on leg day that's really killer.

BV

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
i used to be the only guy in my gym doing front squats now its spread like wildfire.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used to do them a lot. I havnt done them in a while because i got strong on these , as my weight increased its hard to hold the bar and the weight up. You put the bar across your delts, cross your arms to hold the bar up. Thats what i did. I now do regular squat starting oin leg day and i like these . I might give these a shot , changing my next routine up.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I used to do them a lot. I havnt done them in a while because i got strong on these , as my weight increased its hard to hold the bar and the weight up. You put the bar across your delts, cross your arms to hold the bar up. Thats what i did. I now do regular squat starting oin leg day and i like these . I might give these a shot , changing my next routine up.
When my weights got around 365 the bar would not only bear down on my chest cavity, but put slight pressure on my windpipe, wears a brother down....

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive put these into my trainign program for the next month. did them after squats , Lunges, leg curls then i did them. I did narrow footed and went to parrell or below. In the Arnold Encly it says that these directly hit your quads more than squats. I done 2 sets of these, lightweight, I think its important to find what feels the best where the bar goes. I put the bar on my front delts.