Best Power Routine

Krueger

Awards
In you opinion which routine is best for upping your power ......

best excercises to raise bench?

Sorry if these question are dumb ive been training for a couple years but ive hit platues and i need to switch it up to break them.....

thanks

Oats n' chicken

Awards
To raise bench hit triceps exercises: SKull crushers, dips, reverse girp bench, close grip bench, ect.. I know this good one, I gotta find it.

Ok, here it is:
Home

Elbows out extension

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Their is no one best but many good ones. I personally like westside style but their is many other good ones like 5x5 or smolov. I wouldn't recommend smolov though as its very advanced. Google search "westside for skinny bastards" by joe defranco. I beleive this is a great program to start with because it will build strength + plus hypertropy beginners are lacking. If your looking to up your bench lbs you need to train the weakness. Where is your sticking point? ex chest, midway, top?

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Then you want to hit your triceps harder. Rack lockouts, 3,4,5 board presses, seated rack presses will all help with that. Picking one of these and doing 3-5 sets 3-5 reps every week will probably help you hit a new pr pretty fast.

Krueger

Awards
thanks alot ..... im new to all these excercises names...... whats a site that would tell me what the 3 exercise you just metioned are..... thanks

Krueger

Awards
after reserching i guess i need to know what a lockout is .... ive search for awhile and i can find people talking about it ...but not what it is ........

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
One of the keys to a big bench that's often over looked is Lats, Rowing movements esp.
For overall power you need to be basing your workouts around big compound movements, DLs, Squats, BORows, Press, etc.

Krueger

Awards
wait so from what i understand from descriptions....a rack lockout is a reverse bench.... u basicly start in the bottom postion and drive up and lock your arms ??? correct me if im wrong.....

would u recommend doing this on the bench day itself or on the day i train tris......

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
rotate your w/o's do racks one or 2 weeks then normal then boards etc

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A lockout would be laying on the floor in a power rack and setting the safety pins so when your arms are straight you will only be pressing the top 4-6'' of the lift. The idea is to hit your triceps with some heavy weights and strengthen the portion of the lift you are week in. If your bench is getting stuck half way up floor presses will help. Like basso said strengthening your lats can really help. Bringing my lats up really helped my stabability and allowed me to stay tight and in the groove.

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
One of the keys to a big bench that's often over looked is Lats, Rowing movements esp.
For overall power you need to be basing your workouts around big compound movements, DLs, Squats, BORows, Press, etc.
Agreed, if I do a set of rows prior to my bench, I will bench heavier than if I do no rowing.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
if you're looking for a power routine, do rows after bench, rows are an accessory lift and should be done afte