Lean Xtreme OK for powerlifting/strength???

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
I'm getting ready for a powerlifting meet and I need to squeeze into the 198 lbs. class.

Right now I'm weighing in at 200 lbs.

I was planning on tightening up the diet, keep doing moderate cardio and then for the last month use Lean Xtreme.

The last time I used LX I went from 196 to 189 in just under a month.

My question is, would using LX hurt my strength in any way? My calories will be the same. I just want to squeeze into this weight class.

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
I'm getting ready for a powerlifting meet and I need to squeeze into the 198 lbs. class.

I was planning on tightening up the diet, keep doing moderate cardio and then for the last month use Lean Xtreme.

My question is, would using LX hurt my strength in any way? My calories will be the same. I just want to squeeze into this weight class.
I use LX all the time and it doesn't seem to hurt my strength at all.

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the quick reply Nick.

How long do you use it for???

I was thinking about running it for a month to 6 weeks.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
cut back your carbs the week before the meet and you will drop 2lbs easy

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the quick reply Nick.

How long do you use it for???

I was thinking about running it for a month to 6 weeks.
lol, I use it until I run out and then start back up when I eventually remember to order more.......I'm kinda abscent mnded sometimes

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So has LXT helped keep muscle while losing weight and how does it compare to Retain? Im on Retain now and its been pretty good at keeping my muscle from a cycle but i havent noticed any fat loss from it. Does LXT burn fat too? I know it says it does but with your guys experience does it?

MrSkullCrusher

Awards

IMO if u just need to drop 2lbs then just do cardio for a couple of days before the meet with a sweat suit on and 2lbs will drop ez!In fact its just 2lbs so the day of or before do cardio and u will make it or even just cutting out some water the day before and then after weigh in drink alot of water and go eat!

:donut: :burg: :D

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
PP if your eating enough to maintain your new size you won't be dropping fat. Run it after pct with lower calories then see what happens.

Operator

Awards
IMO if u just need to drop 2lbs then just do cardio for a couple of days before the meet with a sweat suit on and 2lbs will drop ez!In fact its just 2lbs so the day of or before do cardio and u will make it or even just cutting out some water the day before and then after weigh in drink alot of water and go eat!

:donut: :burg: :D
I agree, just spit or sweat off the 2 lbs. before the weigh in, then just drink some Gatorade. Don't try to lose weight!

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
PP if your eating enough to maintain your new size you won't be dropping fat. Run it after post cycle therapy with lower calories then see what happens.
actually he will be, he'll be adding muscle and dropping fat

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
and klugman, dont take any supps like that, a major problem with this board is that so many people have the fix with this pill doing that or that pill doing that. fatburners are just a waste of money unless it has ephedra in it. just do some good ole cardio. and 2lbs is nothing, take a piss and drop a duece and you'll lose 3

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
Guyfromkop -

I don’t believe in any magic pills so I understand what you are saying. Right now I’m locking down my diet so that I only eat clean foods until the meet.

However, I know that lean xtreme does work. So my whole use of it would be insurance. Right now I’m 199lbs on an empty stomach…so I should be able to make the weight class.

I just want to eat as much clean food as possible so as to keep my strength at optimum levels.

Can you dig it?

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Guyfromkop -

I don’t believe in any magic pills so I understand what you are saying. Right now I’m locking down my diet so that I only eat clean foods until the meet.

However, I know that lean xtreme does work. So my whole use of it would be insurance. Right now I’m 199lbs on an empty stomach…so I should be able to make the weight class.

I just want to eat as much clean food as possible so as to keep my strength at optimum levels.

Can you dig it?

i can dig it

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Geez, two pounds is like nothing. My weight fluctuates more than 2 lbs throughout the day.

If you're planning out an LX cycle for, you'll have more than plenty of time to drop at least 5 lbs. If you take 350kcal off your daily intake, that's 1lb of fat in 10 days. And if you're eating 7 meals a day, that's shaving 50kcal off per meal. If you throw in your cardio a few times a week, you're golden. Don't really see the point in using LX to lose such an insignificant amount of weight.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Geez, two pounds is like nothing. My weight fluctuates more than 2 lbs throughout the day.

If you're planning out an LX cycle for, you'll have more than plenty of time to drop at least 5 lbs. If you take 350kcal off your daily intake, that's 1lb of fat in 10 days. And if you're eating 7 meals a day, that's shaving 50kcal off per meal. If you throw in your cardio a few times a week, you're golden. Don't really see the point in using LX to lose such an insignificant amount of weight.
Sure, but this isn't a BB meet, that would be pure suicide for a PL total. I've always tried to stay at or slightly above comp weight the night before drink a couple gallons of water then the next morning eat or drink nothing until after the weigh-in. I can wash 5lbs over night doing that, and be under the bar 2-5lbs over weight!

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
Sure, but this isn't a BB meet, that would be pure suicide for a PL total. I've always tried to stay at or slightly above comp weight the night before drink a couple gallons of water then the next morning eat or drink nothing until after the weigh-in. I can wash 5lbs over night doing that, and be under the bar 2-5lbs over weight!
when you say at or slightly above, is that on an empty stomach. THat's how I do most weigh ins. I only cut calories the day before and I restrict water intake also...but only for 12 hours or so.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Normal empty stomach morning weight, I restrict calorie intake the evening prior but increase water intake alot, this will cause increased water loss over the night. Everyone reacts differently but it's easy to test, just skip dinner and drink a couple gallons of water in the evening and see what your weight looks like in the a.m.