Mariusz workout video

  1. Advanced Member
    ktw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    651
    Rep Power
    433
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    59.85%

    Mariusz workout video


    MARIUSZ PUDZIAN PUDZIANOWSKI - GYM WORKOUT. - Google Video

    Sort of funny to me because he spends a lot of his time training like a bodybuilder, that is doing bodypart splits and higher reps/volume. I know he still trains heavy, but it was a surprise to me. Lately I've noticed a lot of people, PL and strongmen on certain boards saying that they train this way in the off season until they approach a meet or event and then they switch to a more PL or strongman type routine.

  2. Board Supporter
    guyfromkop2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    936
    Rep Power
    580
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    83.49%

    Quote Originally Posted by ktw
    MARIUSZ PUDZIAN PUDZIANOWSKI - GYM WORKOUT. - Google Video

    Sort of funny to me because he spends a lot of his time training like a bodybuilder, that is doing bodypart splits and higher reps/volume. I know he still trains heavy, but it was a surprise to me. Lately I've noticed a lot of people, PL and strongmen on certain boards saying that they train this way in the off season until they approach a meet or event and then they switch to a more PL or strongman type routine.

    the higher reps builds up your ligaments and tendons, your body cant handle low reps on the core movements all the time, it destroys you.
  3. Advanced Member
    ktw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    651
    Rep Power
    433
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    59.85%

    Yah, which is probably why the 5x5 with no accessory work is overrated. I'm guessing it's also necessary to add all that mass too, since in Strongman comps it definately helps to be massive.

    Guy, what are your thoughts on this type of training. I can't access MMI at work to make the post there yet, but I noticed Goldenear saying he trains like a BB in the offseason, is this common for people who want to move up classes or just in general?
    •   
       

  4. Board Supporter
    guyfromkop2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    936
    Rep Power
    580
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    83.49%

    Quote Originally Posted by ktw
    Yah, which is probably why the 5x5 with no accessory work is overrated. I'm guessing it's also necessary to add all that mass too, since in Strongman comps it definately helps to be massive.

    Guy, what are your thoughts on this type of training. I can't access MMI at work to make the post there yet, but I noticed Goldenear saying he trains like a BB in the offseason, is this common for people who want to move up classes or just in general?

    never tried 5x5 but i've heard it's not good for strength, and you need accessory work, it's just as if not more important than the regular work. and with guys like goldenear they are very far into the game. basically they are freaks. and when they say they train like bbers they mean they do reps over 10, they do mostly the same lifts just higher reps. helps the tendons grow and stuff like that. gives the body a rest. it's basically a general way. if you do low reps all the time it kills your cns. but low reps is only stuff on core lifts, like squat, bench, dead. most accessory work that you see guys doing is 10+ reps.
  5. Board Supporter
    guyfromkop2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    936
    Rep Power
    580
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    83.49%

    go to my site and check out cubanbull's log, he's a bench specialist and just hit 800 2 weekends ago. also check out bigpaul's log on mmi, he was one of the first guys to squat a 1000+ you'll see what i'm talking about
  6. Advanced Member
    ktw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    651
    Rep Power
    433
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    59.85%

    Makes sense
  7. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,704
    Rep Power
    513537
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    87.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Man, I would hate to workout at that gym. lol. I'd feel tiny and weak all the time.
  8. Advanced Member
    ktw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    651
    Rep Power
    433
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    59.85%

    His friends don't look too tiny either. No matter what, it is an ego killer trying to work out with the WSM on a daily basis because once you do a decent weight, he probably blows it out of the water like it's nothing.
  9. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,704
    Rep Power
    513537
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    87.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    That and there is the fact that I am indeed tiny and weak compared to those guys. lol
  10. Board Supporter
    guyfromkop2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    936
    Rep Power
    580
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    83.49%

    Quote Originally Posted by ktw
    His friends don't look too tiny either. No matter what, it is an ego killer trying to work out with the WSM on a daily basis because once you do a decent weight, he probably blows it out of the water like it's nothing.
    actually i would prefer to workout with those guys. just think of all the help you'd get and the drive to get even bigger and stronger, be a wet dream for me
  11. Professional Member
    mixedup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,204
    Rep Power
    5584
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    10.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    actually i would prefer to workout with those guys. just think of all the help you'd get and the drive to get even bigger and stronger, be a wet dream for me
    Actually i'm with you when I work out and my gym and see guys repping 4 plates on Bench or using heaviest dumbells on rows i be like some day some day. it just pushes me harder.

    In the video when he was doing the deads I saw alot of normal everyday people walking by him so his gym must be a mix of compettiors and regular people.
  12. Registered User
    CHAPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,380
    Rep Power
    2868
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    54.86%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Watching Mariusz train triceps makes MY elbows hurt. Anyone heard what this freak eats? He eats chocolate 3 times a day everyday! And he's still shredded.
  13. Advanced Member
    ktw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    651
    Rep Power
    433
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    59.85%

    Yah he's still shredded from all the goddamn gear he's on plus the GH, Slin, etc.

    A little dark chocoloate aint too bad for you either and at the end of the day when youre 265 shredded a few extra calories wont hurt
  14. Registered User
    fbxdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    369
    Rep Power
    295
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    83.55%

    Mariusz is amazing. Just a quick note- he used to be a pretty accomplished amateur boxer back in the day also. So not only is he freak of nature, he is a tremendous athlete in many ways.
  15. Registered User
    CHAPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,380
    Rep Power
    2868
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    54.86%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Ya he was a boxer and he went to prison that's how he got into strongman stuff. And he's 285lbs! He run's and skips alot, i think the guy dominates because all the other guys don't do cardio, probably just general preparedness training, but not skipping rope or running like Mariusz. He's an AWESOME squatter as well.
  16. Registered User
    CHAPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,380
    Rep Power
    2868
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    54.86%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    He's definetly the kind of athlete i wanna be HUGE, shredded but strong as hell!
  17. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,704
    Rep Power
    513537
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    87.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    I still say he'd be the perfect replacement for Arnold if they ever do another Conan movie. CG could make him a little taller and presto..
  18. Professional Member
    mixedup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,204
    Rep Power
    5584
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    10.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    go to my site and check out cubanbull's log, he's a bench specialist and just hit 800 2 weekends ago. also check out bigpaul's log on mmi, he was one of the first guys to squat a 1000+ you'll see what i'm talking about

    Hi i don't know if you can give you site here but if you can i would love to see it. Also is that 800 shirt or 800 raw. Just wondering because I was told my friends brother had the record at mid 700's raw wondering if your guy beat his record.
    Thanks
  19. Advanced Member
    ktw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    651
    Rep Power
    433
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    59.85%

    800 shirted, His raw looks to be around 5 something I believe. He is a strong friggin dude. The site is team sniffy, just enter those two words between a www and a .com, I don't see why the admin's will be too mad
  20. Professional Member
    mixedup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,204
    Rep Power
    5584
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    10.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    thanks ktw I will check that out shirt or no shirt 800 is still AMAZING imo.
  21. Board Supporter
    guyfromkop2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    936
    Rep Power
    580
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    83.49%

    Quote Originally Posted by mixedup
    Hi i don't know if you can give you site here but if you can i would love to see it. Also is that 800 shirt or 800 raw. Just wondering because I was told my friends brother had the record at mid 700's raw wondering if your guy beat his record.
    Thanks

    who's your brother's friend?

    and the guy who benched 800 is in a shirt. he doesnt go much about 350-400 raw anymore, 2 years ago he completely tore both of his triceps, completely severed. never got surgery or anything just healed on it's own. so to come back and hit 800 is one of the biggest feats anyone can accomplish.
  22. Professional Member
    mixedup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,204
    Rep Power
    5584
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    10.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    who's your brother's friend?

    and the guy who benched 800 is in a shirt. he doesnt go much about 350-400 raw anymore, 2 years ago he completely tore both of his triceps, completely severed. never got surgery or anything just healed on it's own. so to come back and hit 800 is one of the biggest feats anyone can accomplish.
    My friend is Rich Mendelson he was my MMA training partner before he moved back to florida to teach. His brother is Scott
  23. Board Supporter
    guyfromkop2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    936
    Rep Power
    580
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    83.49%

    Quote Originally Posted by mixedup
    My friend is Rich Mendelson he was my MMA training partner before he moved back to florida to teach. His brother is Scott
    yup, scott holds the raw and shirted records
  24. Elite Member
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,669
    Rep Power
    191396
    Level
    60
    Lv. Percent
    72.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Cool video. Wow@the tricep extensions with roughly 3/4s of the stack.

    LOL@ The posedown ...
  25. Senior Member
    Leggo my Ego's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,487
    Rep Power
    847
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    66.76%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I like how he hoisted the bar over his head and just repped barbell extensions with ease... damn that's alot of weight and he made it look like nuttin
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-18-2012, 11:12 PM
  2. squated 365 for 3 reps ( workout video link inside)
    By danthamansky in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 07:02 PM
  3. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 05:38 AM
  4. Jennifer Nicole Lee's Hottest Workout Video
    By CopyCat in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-28-2010, 04:53 PM
  5. Pro Workout Videos
    By oldfart in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 06:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in