Whats the drug of choice for Powerlifters/powerbuilders

DaRooster

DaRooster

Awards
Is Halotestin widely used and how much for how long is the usual dosage?
Thanks

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Power lifters enjoy the drug of fast food and high doses of triglycerides

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
the ones i know like halostein and test suspension and dosage is kind of weight dependant for them from what I've seen

Ichidan

Awards
Some will use halotestin for the last 2 weeks or so leading to a meet due to the strong androgenic effects without water retention so that making weight is not problematic. Most use 30-40mg/day during that time, often with test and tren.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
I can tell you from having talked to a lot of powerlifters, it's pretty damned simple. Those of us who stay on will have a cruising dose of either nandrolone or boldenone year round (in the range of ~400-600mg/week) as this is what louie simmons has advocated for his athletes as a basic protocol. Beyond that most powerlifters will cycle on to a heavier dose as a meet approaches, usually adding testosterone ~12 weeks out. Then, typically at ~4 weeks out trenbolone and either dianabol or anadrol will be added to the mix.

There are no hard and fasts, there are so many powerlifters out there that you are going to see almost every drug use program possible. The one I mentioned is simply one of the most common approaches for higher level powerlifters.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Power lifters enjoy the drug of fast food and high doses of triglycerides
I take offense to that!:nono:

Raw meat and Buffets is a little more accurate imo:food: with an occasional six pack of BM Mickeys on the side!

pestis

pestis

Awards
I can tell you from having talked to a lot of powerlifters, it's pretty damned simple. Those of us who stay on will have a cruising dose of either nandrolone or boldenone year round (in the range of ~400-600mg/week) as this is what louie simmons has advocated for his athletes as a basic protocol. Beyond that most powerlifters will cycle on to a heavier dose as a meet approaches, usually adding testosterone ~12 weeks out. Then, typically at ~4 weeks out trenbolone and either dianabol or anadrol will be added to the mix.

Seriously?!?! Ex, you obviously know your stuff. more than most around here. How can they "cruise" on nandrolone without f##king themselves? I just dont sde how you could ward off sides with that heavy of a drug schedule. I'm a huge fan of powerlifting WSM in particular. Just curious about how they can get away with burning the candle at both ends like that.
Hailz,
Pestis

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Seriously?!?! Ex, you obviously know your stuff. more than most around here. How can they "cruise" on nandrolone without f##king themselves? I just dont sde how you could ward off sides with that heavy of a drug schedule. I'm a huge fan of powerlifting WSM in particular. Just curious about how they can get away with burning the candle at both ends like that.
Hailz,
Pestis
Nandrolone and boldenone are used to cruise because they promote recovery from heavy workouts but do not cause as many bad sides as other drugs. Boldenone is used more in the states (a low dose of testosterone is sometimes used in conjunction with boldenone since it's pretty mild). European athletes have better access to nandrolone than boldenone and this is the primary reason it's popular over there afaik. I don't know what drug use regimens that athletes in tested feds use, they're a little more guarded about this stuff. I'd guess testosterone suspension and growth hormone primarily though.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
the #1 drug i have found out that most powerlifters use is..................good old test

pestis

pestis

Awards
Nandrolone and boldenone are used to cruise because they promote recovery from heavy workouts but do not cause as many bad sides as other drugs. Boldenone is used more in the states (a low dose of testosterone is sometimes used in conjunction with boldenone since it's pretty mild). European athletes have better access to nandrolone than boldenone and this is the primary reason it's popular over there afaik. I don't know what drug use regimens that athletes in tested feds use, they're a little more guarded about this stuff. I'd guess testosterone suspension and growth hormone primarily though.
Thanks for the feedback EX. I was just surprised that they use nandrolone to cruise. I would think a low dose test similar to HRT. Guess I have a lot to learn. Hope you bro's in the know decide to stick around this forum.
hailz,
Pestis

haplochrom

Awards
Most that i know use EQ as a base, and use suspension preworkout, with tren coming in the last 4-6weeks. Anavar is used to maintain. Its a completely different story on how Powerlifters use, as opposed to BB'ers.