Humbling training session... - AnabolicMinds.com

Humbling training session...

  1. New Member
    peterson24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    302
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    255

    Humbling training session...


    Well, I don't have a GHR at my gym so today I decided to make it work some how. I went to the lat machine, put a pad on the bench and faced away from the machine to do them. It worked great with one little glitch, my hammy's suck. I need to use a medium band for assistance because I could handle my own weight. This is a good thing though, I found a major week point and now have something to concentrate on. I look forward to progressing them the next couple weeks with westside training. GHR's are awesome.

  2. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,066
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2648

    Nothing better then finding a weak spot and improving it.
  3. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,977
    Answers
    1
    Rep Power
    969163

    Quote Originally Posted by peterson24
    Well, I don't have a GHR at my gym so today I decided to make it work some how. I went to the lat machine, put a pad on the bench and faced away from the machine to do them. It worked great with one little glitch, my hammy's suck. I need to use a medium band for assistance because I could handle my own weight. This is a good thing though, I found a major week point and now have something to concentrate on. I look forward to progressing them the next couple weeks with westside training. GHR's are awesome.
    I'm drawing a blank and three letter searches don't work...what is a GHR?
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2846

    Glute Ham Raise I'm assuming...
  5. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,977
    Answers
    1
    Rep Power
    969163

    Thanks for not flaming...I know that was probably pretty basic, but I couldn't think of it for the life of me.
  6. New Member
    bearmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    286
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    259

    GHR's are great. Glad you found a way to incorporate them into your routine. I cannot picture how you are doing them but thought I would throw this link out here in case you could make improvements on the way you are performing them: Bodybuilding.com - Coach Davies - Hamstring Development For Athletes!

    I think that the guy in the pictures is using a Smith machine but I'm not entirely sure. I know the Smith machine at my gym however would allow you to do the "natural GHRs" that way so perhaps yours will too.

    The article has other hamstring excercises as well.
  7. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,977
    Answers
    1
    Rep Power
    969163

    Nice link bearmeat. I had never tried these exercises before...I now have to agree with peterson; those GHRs are quite humbling!
  8. Registered User
    Basso's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,178
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    857

    I take the hyper bench and put the back on a bench, it's not perfect but it works.
    At first I thought hey that's a great idea but I don't see how you have anything to push your toes into? That's kind of important with GHRs. Is the weight stack close enough to push on?
  9. New Member
    peterson24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    302
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    255

    No, there actually isn't anything to push your toes onto. Probably part of the reason I needed the band for assistance. I am going to mess around with the set up again, but I think I can stack up some of those aerobic boxes for toe support. I'll let you know today.
  10. Board Supporter
    guyfromkop2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    936
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    579

    here's a vid for you for ghrs on the lat machine, not easy at all

    http://www.teamsniffy.com/videos/vid...ldenearGHR.wmv
  11. New Member
    peterson24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    302
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    255

    hmm, a little different then I was doing them. My buddy actually has a GHR, I may just do them when I get back from work with him instead of in my workouts so I can do them the right way.
  12. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,680
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    10785

    Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    here's a vid for you for ghrs on the lat machine, not easy at all

    http://www.teamsniffy.com/videos/vid...ldenearGHR.wmv
    goldenear is ridiculous.

    nice vid, must be a pretty cool site where that went up at
  13. Senior Member
    UHCougar05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,226
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    737

    Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    here's a vid for you for ghrs on the lat machine, not easy at all

    http://www.teamsniffy.com/videos/vid...ldenearGHR.wmv
    Aren't those GHRs a bit harder than normal GHRs? I do a modified GHR on a 45 Hyper Bench with my toes on the plate. After a couple sets, my Hamstrings are fried. I need to add weight when I do them on Friday.
  14. Board Supporter
    guyfromkop2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    936
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    579

    Quote Originally Posted by UHCougar05
    Aren't those GHRs a bit harder than normal GHRs? I do a modified GHR on a 45 Hyper Bench with my toes on the plate. After a couple sets, my Hamstrings are fried. I need to add weight when I do them on Friday.
    yes they are A LOT harder, the guy that does them is a beast. but for the most part that is how they are suppose to be done, here's a video with then on a ghr machine

    http://www.midwestbarbell.com/videos/ghrcompare.mpg
  15. Registered User
    Basso's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,178
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    857

    Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    yes they are A LOT harder, the guy that does them is a beast. but for the most part that is how they are suppose to be done, here's a video with then on a ghr machine

    http://www.midwestbarbell.com/videos/ghrcompare.mpg

    Thanks for the vids, hopefully I can get our POS machine to work for these. It is a favorite camping spot though!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. training 1/2 cardio sessions
    By protempsfish in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 11:07 AM
  2. Kimbo Slice Open Training Session
    By MMABoxing in forum MMA
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 07:00 PM
  3. whats your favorite muscle to train?
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 10:11 PM
  4. Westside training?
    By spoofy in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-13-2002, 06:00 PM
  5. My Diet/training Journal
    By Blindfaith in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-28-2002, 11:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in