Humbling training session...

P

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
Well, I don't have a GHR at my gym so today I decided to make it work some how. I went to the lat machine, put a pad on the bench and faced away from the machine to do them. It worked great with one little glitch, my hammy's suck. I need to use a medium band for assistance because I could handle my own weight. This is a good thing though, I found a major week point and now have something to concentrate on. I look forward to progressing them the next couple weeks with westside training. GHR's are awesome.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Nothing better then finding a weak spot and improving it.

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, I don't have a GHR at my gym so today I decided to make it work some how. I went to the lat machine, put a pad on the bench and faced away from the machine to do them. It worked great with one little glitch, my hammy's suck. I need to use a medium band for assistance because I could handle my own weight. This is a good thing though, I found a major week point and now have something to concentrate on. I look forward to progressing them the next couple weeks with westside training. GHR's are awesome.
I'm drawing a blank and three letter searches don't work...what is a GHR?

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for not flaming...I know that was probably pretty basic, but I couldn't think of it for the life of me.

B

bearmeat

Awards
  • Established
GHR's are great. Glad you found a way to incorporate them into your routine. I cannot picture how you are doing them but thought I would throw this link out here in case you could make improvements on the way you are performing them: Bodybuilding.com - Coach Davies - Hamstring Development For Athletes!

I think that the guy in the pictures is using a Smith machine but I'm not entirely sure. I know the Smith machine at my gym however would allow you to do the "natural GHRs" that way so perhaps yours will too.

The article has other hamstring excercises as well.

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice link bearmeat. I had never tried these exercises before...I now have to agree with peterson; those GHRs are quite humbling!

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
I take the hyper bench and put the back on a bench, it's not perfect but it works.
At first I thought hey that's a great idea but I don't see how you have anything to push your toes into? That's kind of important with GHRs. Is the weight stack close enough to push on?

P

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
No, there actually isn't anything to push your toes onto. Probably part of the reason I needed the band for assistance. I am going to mess around with the set up again, but I think I can stack up some of those aerobic boxes for toe support. I'll let you know today.

P

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
hmm, a little different then I was doing them. My buddy actually has a GHR, I may just do them when I get back from work with him instead of in my workouts so I can do them the right way.

G

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Aren't those GHRs a bit harder than normal GHRs? I do a modified GHR on a 45 Hyper Bench with my toes on the plate. After a couple sets, my Hamstrings are fried. I need to add weight when I do them on Friday.
yes they are A LOT harder, the guy that does them is a beast. but for the most part that is how they are suppose to be done, here's a video with then on a ghr machine

http://www.midwestbarbell.com/videos/ghrcompare.mpg