Best Substitute For Reverse Hyper

1. Best Substitute For Reverse Hyper

I dont have access to a reverse hyper machine called for in a lot of Westside training what would be the best exercise to use in place of the reverse hyper?

2. 45 hypers with a band around your neck, glut ham raises, regular hypers, pull thrus, it's pretty much a posterior excersize, if it calls for high reps though i'd suggest the 45 hypers with band around your neck

3. I actually really like doing mule kicks with ankle weights, if you strap two ten pound weights on one ankle it's really hard. I don't really like the reverse hyper as a max effort exercise, I think it's best done for reps of 10+.

If you want to go hard, I also like the 45 degree hypers with a band around your neck. This exercise is good for 3-4 sets of 5 reps with a band you could handle for 8-9 reps after you finish with your primary exercise.
    •   

4. I can vouch for the pull throughs. I do 3 sets of 20 with a choked mini band and my hamstrings and glutes are sore the next day. I use as supplemental work to bring up my hamstring strength.

5. heres a link of videos... one has a reverse hyper variant on it... actually the file is called reverse hyper

6. What I do is set one of those giant ab balls on the flat bench and just hold onto the bench with my arms locked out and my hips hanging off the ball. Then I perform the reverse hyper movement just like I was on the machine.

7. What I do is set one of those giant ab balls on the flat bench and just hold onto the bench with my arms locked out and my hips hanging off the ball. Then I perform the reverse hyper movement just like I was on the machine.

8. Quote Originally Posted by TheTalkngWalnut
    What I do is set one of those giant ab balls on the flat bench and just hold onto the bench with my arms locked out and my hips hanging off the ball. Then I perform the reverse hyper movement just like I was on the machine.
    cool idea

9. Quote Originally Posted by TheTalkngWalnut
    What I do is set one of those giant ab balls on the flat bench and just hold onto the bench with my arms locked out and my hips hanging off the ball. Then I perform the reverse hyper movement just like I was on the machine.
    i thought i had posted a link with the same movement demostrated on video. the exact same way. havent tried it myself but the guy who made the vid swears by it
  10. Question

Dont see a link

11. I am also partial to pull thrus and reverse hypers off a stability ball since I go to a large chain club that has no reverse hyper-though I have not tried them off a bench-I might try that

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best Substitute for Squats and Deadlifts
    By specmike in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-20-2012, 12:06 AM
  2. Best Substitute for Tate Press?
    By CopyCat in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 07:33 PM
  3. best substitute for a SERM? (PH cycle)
    By cvs766 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 07:57 PM
  4. Best substitute for side lateral raises?
    By ItsHectic in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 05:27 PM
  5. Best Substitute for Lean Xtreme?
    By kymo99 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-03-2006, 09:48 PM