• Established
check out who's back spotting him around rep 20

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know, I saw Billy there. That dirty beast.

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
I guess it's not hard to figure out that Tom is one of my favorite BB'ers, judging by my sig.

I remember reading once that he once squatted for 10 minutes nonstop just to see what would happen. Talk about intense.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Good Christ in a side car, that was pretty ****ing cool.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Awesome! now that is something to shoot for! Quadzilla strikes again:squat:

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
HOly bejesus, my legs cramped up after watching that

cromwell

Awards
I guess it's not hard to figure out that Tom is one of my favorite BB'ers, judging by my sig.

I remember reading once that he once squatted for 10 minutes nonstop just to see what would happen. Talk about intense.
He has some insane squatting feats....in various weight ranges. Pretty decent leg development too:icon_lol:
unreal hamstrings, even now.

Operator

Awards
I know, I saw Billy there. That dirty beast.
I think that's Fred "Dr. Squat" Hatfield there at the end also.
500 x 23, damn... guess I'll head down to my basement workout room and get started on beating that. Give me a few years though... :)

cubbybear

Awards
According to a segment in one of Hatfield's books I have, this was actually 525 pounds, even though Youtube says 220 kilos and Irongame says it's 500 pounds. Awesome historic video regardless, from "The Great American Squat-Off". This was an exhibition where a world champion bodybuilder "The Golden Eagle" challenged world champion powerlifter "Dr. Squat" to a squatting contest. In maximum weight lifted, Platz got beat (600 pounds to Hatfield's 840; I believe these were "RAW" numbers). However, Dr Squat got his butt whipped when it came time for the the reps contest. Hatfield did 11 reps with the 525 pounds, while Platz did the 23 reps that we see in the video.

I'm thinking that the side spotter shown at the end is Lawrence Pfohl, aka professional wrestler "Lex Luger".

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
According to a segment in one of Hatfield's books I have, this was actually 525 pounds, even though Youtube says 220 kilos and Irongame says it's 500 pounds. Awesome historic video regardless, from "The Great American Squat-Off". This was an exhibition where a world champion bodybuilder "The Golden Eagle" challenged world champion powerlifter "Dr. Squat" to a squatting contest. In maximum weight lifted, Platz got beat (600 pounds to Hatfield's 840; I believe these were "RAW" numbers). However, Dr Squat got his butt whipped when it came time for the the reps contest. Hatfield did 11 reps with the 525 pounds, while Platz did the 23 reps that we see in the video.

I'm thinking that the side spotter shown at the end is Lawrence Pfohl, aka professional wrestler "Lex Luger".
That did look like Lex. His hair was a bit dark then though.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I love that guy's leg developement, especially his lower quads and hamstrings, also the seperation in his quads is unreal.

dhartnet

Banned
Awards
I'll see if I can find the video I saw of (Dr. Ken) Ken Leistner when he did 405X23 @ a bodyweight of 165 when he was 53 years old.. Pretty scary..