- 06-14-2006, 07:45 PM
hey guys im 16 not really a powerlifter persay but everybody at school says im one so wat the heck, anyway i've hit a sad plateau (spelling) on bench 185 for 5 or 8 reps on flat bench. i lift 80's on dumbbell bench for 6 or 8 reps and thats about it. incline and decline are da same as flat bench
please help i wanna lift 220 or more for reps by end of summer
- 06-14-2006, 07:47 PM
what's your weekly routine look like?
- 06-14-2006, 08:15 PM
chest and shoulders
incline and decline same
2 sets each weigh on shoulders i.e 50's twice and 65's twice
06-14-2006, 08:20 PM
so roughly you do 32 sets between flat, incline and decline?
06-15-2006, 04:24 AM
no the x# is the reps not sets sorry for da confusion
06-15-2006, 08:24 AM
So two sets of chest. And four sets of shoulders?
06-15-2006, 10:12 AM
you probably need to eat more.
06-15-2006, 10:26 AM
- 6'1" 240 lbs.
- Join Date
- Dec 2003
- Rep Power
- Lv. Percent
ding ding dingOriginally Posted by PVSkyHigh
next thing i would suggest is start working with heavier weight now. staying with 185 isn't going to help anything. each week add 10lbs and max out the set with as many reps as you can get. once you reach a 1RM, take it back to 75% and work your way back up in the same fashion. little something called 'progressive overload'.
Similar Forum Threads
- By tigerdb2 in forum Training ForumReplies: 10Last Post: 05-01-2013, 05:27 PM
- By ItsHectic in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 2Last Post: 03-31-2008, 12:04 PM
- By Batesy in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 2Last Post: 03-14-2006, 07:19 AM
- By CyberMuscle in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 27Last Post: 05-17-2005, 12:55 PM
- By Matt T in forum AnabolicsReplies: 9Last Post: 10-22-2002, 05:37 PM