Beelze's lifting routine

Page 3 of 3 First 123

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    thanks, B.

    What I meant to say is that I had been training by feel for a few months after about 9months of logging everything in a journal. At first, the lack of structure was refreshing, but I'm starting to hit diminishing returns.

    With this, I won't be doing anything by feel.
    gotcha. yeah, i tried that crap one time too for about 6 months. total waste of time, got weaker, smaller, and more frustrated.


  2. Yeah, I found that I just started doing my favorite exercises all the time, and they started stalling. Not quite conducive to maximal development.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    gotcha. yeah, i tried that crap one time too for about 6 months. total waste of time, got weaker, smaller, and more frustrated.
    Yeah didn't work for me either.

    Bobo- Those PNF stretches do work pretty well. We did them in the military and also with football and they were much more effective. I have always hated static stretches as I tend to tighten back up pretty easily. I am not super flexible by any means.
    PharmD
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD
    Yeah didn't work for me either.

    Bobo- Those PNF stretches do work pretty well. We did them in the military and also with football and they were much more effective. I have always hated static stretches as I tend to tighten back up pretty easily. I am not super flexible by any means.
    They are definetly more performance oriented.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  5. I'm very flexible but stretching always burnt me out more than the actual workout. Guess that would mean I need to work on some endurance

  6. same thing for me during the first month or so. then i got used to it, the stretches are a joke now.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    I'm very flexible but stretching always burnt me out more than the actual workout. Guess that would mean I need to work on some endurance
    Yeah the stretches are tough but a lot of studies point to them as a place for hypertrophy. The stretching of the muscle fascia forces the muscle to add sarcomers to the end of the muscle, makig it longer. This is what I have read, seems interesting enough.
    PharmD

  8. Ya, a stretched muscle grows faster

  9. Actually in some studies is decreases protein synthesis


    There is that evil "study" work again

    I think the conclusion that was shorter more frequent stretches could help performance but long more infrequent stretches could actually increase recovery time. I will try to find it but its been a while.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Favorite Lifting Routine While on a Cut?
    By SHSUStudent in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 05:08 PM
  2. Looking for idea for Olympic lifting routine...
    By JassUSMC in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 01:07 AM
  3. how often should one change their lifting routine....
    By lift or die in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 07:50 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 11:22 PM
  5. Opinions on a lifting routine
    By Head Nurse in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 02:14 PM
Log in
Log in