Beelze's lifting routine - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Beelze's lifting routine

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    i'm not sure why there is a debate going on here. the post was nothing more than sharing with what i have used to get to the point where i am. some may consider it helpful, some may not. when i say TUT, i mean a slow tempo. most understand this and move on without further explanation. there is nothing new here as i've given credit where credit is due as to which lifting principles i learned where. DC made known to me this routine, SB gave me a calf routine with other tips, goldenear gave me progressive overload. i have created nothing and dare i say, neither have they. i have no issue at all with bodybuilders, i started out as one but eventualy became more interested in strength than anything else, hence my routine. yes, it does still involved some bb'ing ideas that i clung to. will strength training alone build more mass? to some degree - yes. but not to the degree of hypertrophy specific training.

this is becoming childish.
    Shut up. We're bored.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Shut up. We're bored.
    lol, very well - carry on.
  3. Board Supporter

i've never once knocked a bodybuilder on here. and i have a great respect for what they do. and in my sport more does = better. more weight lifted = better at your sport.

and you saying that 99% of powerlifters dont care what they put in their mouth is just a crazy statement.
    •   

4. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    i've never once knocked a bodybuilder on here. and i have a great respect for what they do. and in my sport more does = better. more weight lifted = better at your sport.

and you saying that 99% of powerlifters dont care what they put in their mouth is just a crazy statement.
    I said 99% of the people overall, not just powerlifters. Drinking an occasional protein shake doens't count either.

More sets don't equal more results. You said his routine was 50 pages.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  5. Board Supporter

I said 99% of the people overall, not just powerlifters. Drinking an occasional protein shake doens't count either.

More sets don't equal more results. You said his routine was 50 pages.

i dont knwo what's exactly in his routine, i just know it was about 50 pages. if i have to read 50 pages to outline a routine then i'm not interested.

and i know more sets done equal more results. i did 12 total sets on monday's workout
  6. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

I assumed it was a ****load of sets but the point applies. People follow these 20+ set routines.
  7. Registered User

Am I losing my marbles or was this a sticky earlier?
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    Am I losing my marbles or was this a sticky earlier?
    you're losing it. the only sticky is on your chin
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

I assumed it was a ****load of sets but the point applies. People follow these 20+ set routines.
    very true. a lot of them do.......a lot of them don't also
  10. Registered User

you're losing it. the only sticky is on your chin
    Bada-boom! Alright Beelzy, time for an ass whooping for you :bruce3:
    (or am I just techno dancing in a gay yellow suit?)
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Bada-boom! Alright Beelzy, time for an ass whooping for you :bruce3:
    (or am I just techno dancing in a gay yellow suit?)
    been trying to figure that out as well. it resembles a dancer but the text says "bruce" so i assume it's nothing less than.........a gay bruce lee, imagine the horror. 'enter the dragon' takes on a whole new meaning.
  12. ***** Vampire

that dude looks like a character from a kids show the wiggles my kids watch - LOL. i no fear the ***** in yellow.
  13. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Thats the **** Bruce does before he's going to whip some ass. Damn people, watch Game of Death where he beats the **** out of Kareem. THis should be a mandatory flick for guys to watch.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

bullsh!t, he stole that sh!t from justin timberlake.
  15. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

I don't care anymore. I am eating a Crowler cookie.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

All I can say is that obviously your doing something right when you put up your routine, and less than 9 hours later, you already have 5 pages of replies and its a sticky.

18. Board Supporter

been trying to figure that out as well. it resembles a dancer but the text says "bruce" so i assume it's nothing less than.........a gay bruce lee, imagine the horror. 'enter the dragon' takes on a whole new meaning.

As does Fists of Fury or The Big Boss.

Great post by the way.
  19. Registered User

Hey Beelz,
    I just made a first attempt at a DC split. I had been lifting by feel, and it was working for a while, but it is getting stale. I'm ready to impose some more structure.

I broke the exercises up across 3 days, instead of two. Otherwise, I'll be in the gym for too long and end up dropping exercises due to time constraints.

Would you mind taking a quick peek at this: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/uploa...1149372273.doc

As you may have noticed, I change the order of bodyparts to allow additional recovery. Instead of Chest/Shoulders/Tris/Back Width/Back Thickness, I set it up as Chest/Width/Delts/Thickness/Tris

I plan to do something like:
    1a
    2a
    Rest
    3a
    Rest
    1b
    Rest
    2b
    Rest
    3b
    Rest
    1c
    2c
    Rest
    3c
    That gives me 9 workouts in 15 days.
    Last edited by Beowulf; 06-03-2006 at 06:10 PM.
  20. Senior Member

Man, I missed a bodybuilders vs. powerlifters debate?! Where the hell was I?!

My official statement is that muscle fiber hypertrophy is a significant source of additional strength available to trained athletes, and in many cases will translate directly in to increased sports performance.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with being freaky looking I just like to make fun of bodybuilders because Bodybuilding contests seem to be blatantly homosexual.
  21. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo
    I just like to make fun of bodybuilders because Bodybuilding contests seem to be blatantly homosexual.
  22. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo
    I just like to make fun of bodybuilders because Bodybuilding contests seem to be blatantly homosexual.
    Yeah, far more homosexual than massive, lard-laden beasts in ultra-tight pling suits.

Gotta give it to you, that was pretty funny

...but I'd have to say that the homosexuality is more subtle than blatant.
  23. Doctor Science

Yeah one of the first ever programs that I used was DC's. It was a great program. I was very very strong, that is one of the biggest things I noticed. I didn't grow quite as much but I definitely had the strength. I think one of the hardest things was getting in the mindset for it. You really have to go in like you are psycho and move the weights. Basically the only grudge I had against it was 1. for lagging body parts such as my biceps I found it impossible to make them grow with such little work (even with rest pause). 2. Although I stayed lean, I didn't stay as lean as I do now with a 4-5 day higher volume routine.

But for all you out there looking to change it up, give this a try you wont be disappointed.
  24. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Yeah, far more homosexual than massive, lard-laden beasts in ultra-tight pling suits.
  25. Advanced Member

I went over to intensemuscle to look at the stretches and signed up an account and all and do not see any pics in his thread about extreme stretching...
  26. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Try this.

PNF Stretching

PNF stretching (or proprioceptive muscular facilitation) is one of the most effective forms of flexibility training for increasing range of motion (1,2).
    PNF techniques can be both passive (no associated muscular contraction) or active (voluntary muscle contraction). While there are several variations of PNF stretching, they all have one thing in common - they facilitate muscular inhibition. It is believed that this is why PNF is superior to other forms of flexibility training (1,2,3,4).

Both isometric and concentric muscle actions completed immediately before the passive stretch help to achieve autogenic inhibition - a reflex relaxation that occurs in the same muscle where the golgi tendon organ is stimulated. Often the isometric contraction is referred to as 'hold' and the concentric muscle contraction is referred to as 'contract'.

A similar technique involves concentrically contracting the opposing muscle group to that being stretched in order to achieve reciprocal inhibition - a reflex muscular relaxation that occurs in the muscle that is opposite the muscle where the golgi tendon organ is stimulated.

Using these techniques of 'contracting', 'holding' and passive stretching (often referred to as 'relax') results in three PNF stretching techniques. Each technique, although slightly different, involves starting with a passive stretch held for about 10 seconds.

For clarity and to compare each technique, think of a hamstring stretch in the supine (on back, face up) position for each example. The athlete places one leg extended, flat on the floor and the other extended in the air as close to right angles to the body as possible.

Hold-Relax

A partner moves the athlete,s extended leg to a point of mild discomfort. This passive stretch is held for 10 seconds.
    On instruction, the athlete isometrically contracts the hamstrings by pushing their extended leg against their partner's hand. The partner should apply just enough force so that the leg remains static. This is the 'hold' phase and lasts for 6 seconds.
    The athlete is then instructed to 'relax' and the partner completes a second passive stretch held for 30 seconds. The athlete's extended leg should move further than before (greater hip flexion) due to autogenic inhibition activated in the hamstrings.
    Contract-Relax

A partner moves the athlete's extended leg to a point of mild discomfort. This passive stretch is held for 10 seconds.
    On instruction, the athlete concentrically contracts the hamstrings by pushing their extended leg against their partner's hand. The partner should apply enough force so that there is resistance while allowing the athlete to push their leg to the floor (i.e. through the full range of motion). This is the 'contract' phase.
    The athlete is then instructed to 'relax' and the partner completes a second passive stretch held for 30 seconds. The athlete's extended leg should move further than before (greater hip flexion) due to autogenic inhibition activated in the hamstrings.
    Hold-Relax with Opposing Muscle Contraction

A partner moves the athlete's extended leg to a point of mild discomfort. This passive stretch is held for 10 seconds.
    On instruction, the athlete isometrically contracts the hamstrings by pushing their extended leg against their partner's hand. The partner should apply just enough force so that the leg remains static. This is the 'hold' phase and lasts for 6 seconds. This initiates autogenic inhibition.
    The partner completes a second passive stretch held for 30 seconds, however the athlete is instructed to flex the hip (i.e. pull the leg in the same direction as it is being pushed). This initiates reciprocal inhibition allowing the final stretch to be greater.
    Here are some other general guidelines when completing PNF stretching:

1. Leave 48 hours between PNF stretching routines.

2. Perform only one exercise per muscle group in a session.

3. For each muscle group complete 2-5 sets of the chosen exercise.

4. Each set should consist of one stretch held for up to 30 seconds after the contracting phase.

5. PNF stretching is not recommended for anyone under the age of 18.

6. If PNF stretching is to be performed as a separate exercise session, a thorough warm up consisting of 5-10 minutes of light aerobic exercise and some dynamic stretches must precede it.

7. Avoid PNF immediately before, or on the morning of competition.

References
    1) Cornelius, W.J. and M.M. Hinson. The relationship between isometric contractions and of hip extensors and subsequent flexibility in males. Sports Med. Phys. Fitness. 20:75-80. 1980
    2)Holt, L.E., T.M. Travis, and T. Okia. Comparative study of three stretching techniques. Percept. Mot. Skills. 31:611-16. 1970
    3)Sady, S.P., M. Wortman, and D. Blanke. Flexibility Training: Ballistic, static or proprioceptive muscular facilitation? Arch. Phys. Med Rehabil.63:261-63. 1982
    4)Tanigawa, M.C. Comparison of the hold relax procedure and passive mobilization on increasing muscle length. Phys. Ther. 52:725-35. 1972
  27. Senior Member

Yeah, big hairy guys lifting heavy weights is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of gay.
  28. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Guess you haven't been in prison.
  29. Senior Member

I'll keep that in mind if I'm ever invited to be a guest lifter at a prison powerlifting meet.
  30. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

I could arrange it for you. Just say when...
  31. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Although they tend to out perform the guests.
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Did this thread just turn into a prison sex discussion? You got a purdeh mouf
  33. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

34. Board Supporter

i have and i'd rather be a big hairy guy lifting heavy weights than a tan shaved up guy in a thong
  35. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Well in prison I'd rather be the ugliest mf'er on the block.
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Screw ugly. I wanna be known as the guy with ass herpes. I don't think cute is on their mind but a oozing puss filled ass might be the determing factor between you being someone's ***** and that new guy with the big lips.
  37. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Jay,

You just aren't right.
  38. IBE Representative

Jay,

You just aren't right.
    the last few pages of this thread haven't been right.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Hey Beelz,
    I just made a first attempt at a DC split. I had been lifting by feel, and it was working for a while, but it is getting stale. I'm ready to impose some more structure.

I broke the exercises up across 3 days, instead of two. Otherwise, I'll be in the gym for too long and end up dropping exercises due to time constraints.

Would you mind taking a quick peek at this: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/uploa...1149372273.doc

As you may have noticed, I change the order of bodyparts to allow additional recovery. Instead of Chest/Shoulders/Tris/Back Width/Back Thickness, I set it up as Chest/Width/Delts/Thickness/Tris

I plan to do something like:
    1a
    2a
    Rest
    3a
    Rest
    1b
    Rest
    2b
    Rest
    3b
    Rest
    1c
    2c
    Rest
    3c
    That gives me 9 workouts in 15 days.
    should work fine. lifting by feel doesn't really go too well with the program though. a lot of sh!t i don't feel like doing but have to anyway just to beat last weeks numbers. if you're stalling out on an exercise after being on it too long, that's a total different matter - just replace it. perhaps, i'm misunderstanding.

in any case, that split looks fine.
  40. Registered User

thanks, B.

What I meant to say is that I had been training by feel for a few months after about 9months of logging everything in a journal. At first, the lack of structure was refreshing, but I'm starting to hit diminishing returns.

With this, I won't be doing anything by feel.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Favorite Lifting Routine While on a Cut?
    By SHSUStudent in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 04:08 PM
  2. Looking for idea for Olympic lifting routine...
    By JassUSMC in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 12:07 AM
  3. how often should one change their lifting routine....
    By lift or die in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 06:50 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 10:22 PM
  5. Opinions on a lifting routine
    By Head Nurse in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 01:14 PM