Need a Strength program for bench

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
I need a good program to put alot of strength into my bench. I hope it will help my upper body catch up to my legs. I have umbilical hernia right now anyways:whiner: , so I don't squat. I weigh about 200 right now and Im not sure what my 1RM is. A little over 300 I think. I want to get it up to like 335. Come on experts ! Tell me what I need to do. . .

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
how many days a week do you want to bench? i work low end one day and top end/shirt another day

BigDago

BigDago

Awards
Stick to the basic excersises. Nothing too fancy and no isolation. Stick to incline, flat, and decline bench, maybe with dumbells. Work at least 2 times a week. High weight -low rep one day and the second chest day of the week go high rep low weight. It worked for me. I hit a plateau with my chest years ago, and this is how I overecame it.

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
I don't want to overtrain. I need a STRENGTH program set out for me with low rep ranges etc..

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wide grip flat bench 2 x 6 (index fingers on the rings)
hammer grip dbs 2 x 8-12 reps
tricep push downs 1-2 x 8-100reps. (yup 100)
db side laterals 1-2 x 10reps light
db front raises 1-2 x 10reps light
pull-a-parts 1-2 x 20reps

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You might want to look into westside or 5x5. If your bench is 300 and your not used to low reps you willl probably hit 335 damn fast. I myself use westside. The only diffrence is I do alot more bicep work, overhead presses, and wide grip bb/db presses for chest. I work my chest hard because I don't wear a shirt and I work biceps just because I like big biceps.lol

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
You might want to look into westside or 5x5. If your bench is 300 and your not used to low reps you willl probably hit 335 damn fast. I myself use westside. The only diffrence is I do alot more bicep work, overhead presses, and wide grip bb/db presses for chest. I work my chest hard because I don't wear a shirt and I work biceps just because I like big biceps.lol
What is westside?