Whats Wrong

Kaison05

Awards
OK I JUST STARTED BACK IN THE GYM ABOUT A 4 1/2 WEEKS AGO AFTER TAKING 2 MONTHS OFF. I WAS 212 ABOUT 11%BF BUT NOW IAM 205 AND 13.2%BF AND 5' 10". I WAS GOING THREW A DIVORCE. MY NEW WORKOUT PARTNER IS HUGE, HE IS A TONED 245 AND ONLY 6' TALL WITH 20" ARMS. WELL HE BELIEVES IN ONLY DOING SUPERSETS ON EVERYTHING AND ALL THE TIME. ITS KICKING MY ASS. I STARTED BACK UP AND MY BENCH SUCKS ASS IAM ONLY GETTING UP 275 x 3 AND BEFORE I WAS DOING 330 x 3. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK TO HELP ME THIS IS KILLING ME.

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established
OK I JUST STARTED BACK IN THE GYM ABOUT A 4 1/2 WEEKS AGO AFTER TAKING 2 MONTHS OFF. I WAS 212 ABOUT 11%BF BUT NOW IAM 205 AND 13.2%BF AND 5' 10". I WAS GOING THREW A DIVORCE. MY NEW WORKOUT PARTNER IS HUGE, HE IS A TONED 245 AND ONLY 6' TALL WITH 20" ARMS. WELL HE BELIEVES IN ONLY DOING SUPERSETS ON EVERYTHING AND ALL THE TIME. ITS KICKING MY ASS. I STARTED BACK UP AND MY BENCH SUCKS ASS IAM ONLY GETTING UP 275 x 3 AND BEFORE I WAS DOING 330 x 3. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK TO HELP ME THIS IS KILLING ME.

Sounds like you need to have a talk with your training partner. Dont try staying with him unless you feel you have your base strength under you. You sound like your on a course to over training which will not be benificial....

~Mk

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're probably overtraining because you're not that 245 lbs behemoth that you're lifting with. I mean the guy outweighs you by 40 lbs. Chances are he can handle a little more than you can.

Try an abreviated version of his routine and typing without using caps lock. You'll probably find you get better results in the gym, and more serious responses in this forum.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
His routine may work for him, it would NOT work for me at all. It seems the same for you.

We're all different, no one program works for everybody. I'd try a more basic 3 day split to get your base back first.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, i've been on the internet too many years. When I read all caps I think i'm being yelled at. But it could be a bunch of things including what was already said. Diet may not be the right type to keep up with that training. Stress(the reason of your departure of the gym) Can sap strength like no other. Your being smaller is a big factor too.

Basically you can folow his routines as a partner, just use the weights you're able to handle without overworking yourself.

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
Try an abreviated version of his routine and typing without using caps lock. You'll probably find you get better results in the gym, and more serious responses in this forum.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
His routine may work for him, it would NOT work for me at all. It seems the same for you.

We're all different, no one program works for everybody. I'd try a more basic 3 day split to get your base back first.
word :goodpost:

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
sounds like an experitment that failed, everyone does that until they find the what and the how that gives results, unfortunately some people never discover those parameters, its all here, you can find it

Kaison05

Awards
I think iam going to go back to my 4 day a week routine. which is.

(mon) chest-tris 12sets 12-16reps
(tues) bis-back 12sets-bis 9sets-back 12-16reps
(wen) rest
(thurs) legs-shoulders 12sets 12-20reps
(fri) bis-tris 12sets 12-20reps
(sat) rest
(sun) rest
and 2-3min rest in between sets. maybe this way i can get back to my old size.

SHADOW2492

Awards
If you put the original post NOT IN CAPS LOCKS MORE PEOPLE MIGHT READ IT, I know for one I dont even bother reading those types of post and I am sure many other people won't read that also, it is a eyesore.