Care to look @ this workout?

brickt.

Awards
Anyone want to comment on this workout I'm thinking of trying? Goals are both strength and hypertrophy. All ME type exercises will be 1RM or 10 x 3 @ 85% (a rep scheme that Iron Addict is fond of) depending on how I feel etc.

Monday
Deadlift Work to 1RM
Front Squat 4 x 6-8
Pullthroughs 4 x 6-8
Cable Curl 3 x 8-12
Cable Crunch 3 x 8-12

Wednesday
Flat BB Press Work to 1RM
Smith Military Press 4 x 6-8
T-Bar Rows 4 x 6-8
Rack Lockout 4 x 6-8

Friday
Box Squat Work to 1RM
Good Mornings 4 x 6-8
DB Bulgarian Squat 4 x 6-8
Incline Crunch 3 x 8-12

Monday
Flat BB Press Work to 1RM or 10 x 3 speed work
Incline DB Press 4 x 6-8
Pulldowns 4 x 6-8
Rope Pushdown 3 x 8-12

Wednesday
Repeat cycle

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Anyone want to comment on this workout I'm thinking of trying? Goals are both strength and hypertrophy. All ME type exercises will be 1RM or 10 x 3 @ 85% (a rep scheme that Iron Addict is fond of) depending on how I feel etc.

Monday
Flat BB Press - Work to 1RM / 10 x 3 at 85%
Shoulder Press - 4 x 6-8
Rack Lockout - 4 x 6-8
BB Curl - 3 x 8-12
Ab work - 3 x 8-12

Wednesday
Box Squat - Work to 1-3RM / 10 x 3 at 85%
Sumo Dead - 4 x 6-8
T-Bar Rows - 4 x 6-8
Hyperextention - 3 x 8-12

Friday
Flat BB Press - Work to 1-3RM / 10 x 3 at 85%
DB Incline Press - 4 x 6-8
Rope Pushdown - 3 x 8-12
Cable Curl - 3 x 8-12
Ab Work - 3 x 8-12

Monday
Deadlifts - Work to 1-3RM / 10 x 3 at 85%
Front Squat - 4 x 6-8
Pulldowns - 4 x 6-8
Pullthroughs - 4 x 6-8

Wednesday
Repeat cycle
so 10x3 is ia's newest and greatest and biggest mass building rep scheme he has goign now? interesting. ever seen a picture of him?

anyway if i were you i'd change bi's to one of your back days, they get murdered those days like crazy, it's a small muscle and hitting them 4xs a week isnt kosher. also do the same with abs. and you might want to throw in some board work or rack work if your bench stalls out, some people cant take pressin from the chest 2xs in one week

WMD

WMD

Awards
If you are going to hit Chest twice a week I would do a heavy day and use the other day for speed work w/ lighter weight and concentrate on explosion. Also highly agree with guyfromkop2 would move biceps to back day.

brickt.

Awards
I've edited the OP as per peoples advice. Any new critiques?

Cheers :)

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
move the tbars and pulldowns to back/leg day, drop the smith machine and do free weight militaries till you get your strength up, change the front squats to zercher squats(basically the same thing, you are just setting the pins below parallel and shooting up, then resetting each rep) and what the hell are bulgarian squats?

oh yea, and add in either pull aparts, face pulls, or a rear delt machine work on the bench day you're not doign militaries

brickt.

Awards
Bulgarian squats are a unilateral quad movement. Brutal as ****.

Thanks for your imputs. Done and done. :)