mike miller 1220lbs squat

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
I would say lower beitch ALOT lower if that was my workout partner.... Actually if he was my partner I would say that, then :run:

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
Yeah hard to tell because of his quad size. Is it a below 90 at the knee or do your Hams just have to break the 90?

njmuscle66

DS Board Rep
Awards
I am assuming the video is from a meet and not a training lift so if he got 3 white lights on it than it is a legal lift. The few powerlifters I train compete in the USAPL and that would not have been legal.........However every organization is different. Still impressive regardless!

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't even look close, but I would like to short 1200+, 3 white lights are 3 white lights, just depends on the judges, fed etc.

njmuscle66

DS Board Rep
Awards
Doesn't even look close, but I would like to short 1200+, 3 white lights are 3 white lights, just depends on the judges, fed etc.
Got to agree with you but like you said it goes in the books as a good lift

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
IPA gene rychlaks powerpalooza was the meet

Operator

Awards
IPA gene rychlaks powerpalooza was the meet
Impressive regardless of 3 whites or not, it was damn close.
My experience with the IPA - the smaller lifters got careful scrutiny on their lifts, but once the big boys started things tended to get a little, let's say, liberal.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i hear mike is one of those guys that when he gets redlighted, he screams at the judges, thereby getting a whitelight next time around. supposedly why he doesn't compete at the more serious events with the big boys. lots of arguments going on amongst the boards about this, but the general consensus is clear, wasn't low enough.

still i gotta say, 1220lbs is an assload of weight.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
The guys a monster, no doubt about it. He used to post at gotfina.com back in the day and people were always on him about his lifts being "not legit".

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
he's one of the biggest human beings i've ever seen close up. an absolute monster.

and he was the first guy who squatted 1200, he actually got so much scrutiny for that one he left powerlifting for a while and did strongman comps.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
he's one of the biggest human beings i've ever seen close up. an absolute monster.
I remember him posting a webcam pic on gotfina.com and I thought someone had put a humans head on a rhino..the guys is like 6'4 380lbs or so.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I remember him posting a webcam pic on gotfina.com and I thought someone had put a humans head on a rhino..the guys is like 6'4 380lbs or so.
he's normally like 400 i think, i read an interview on powerliftingwatch that he dieted down to like 350 when he was doing strongman

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
lots of arguments going on amongst the boards about this, but the general consensus is clear, wasn't low enough.
I would be more impressed to see 1100 or even 1000 lbs. to slightly below parallel.

He is wearing a squat suit right?

It is impressive though to see him simply support all that weight without collapsing.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would be more impressed to see 1100 or even 1000 lbs. to slightly below parallel.

He is wearing a squat suit right?

It is impressive though to see him simply support all that weight without collapsing.
yea, an inzer leviathon, it's a canvas suit. i'm not sure what kind of briefs he's wearing

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
THE BOTTOM LINE IS AS FOLLOWS:

everyone of you go and try to do an ULTRA WIDE STANCE squat right now with just your BW...
the crease of your hip cannot break the knee, it is nearly impossible for one with any hip thickness, especially MILLERs tree trunks to break freakin parallel IN AN UW SQUAT.

If you believe I am wrong give me vid links, please,
to ultra wide, thick legged squatters going below PARA.

I read that he said "that is as low as my body (legs)will let me go"

narrow your stance and you'll get down there,
thats the easy part.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
THE BOTTOM LINE IS AS FOLLOWS:

everyone of you go and try to do an ULTRA WIDE STANCE squat right now with just your BW...
the crease of your hip cannot break the knee, it is nearly impossible for one with any hip thickness, especially MILLERs tree trunks to break freakin parallel IN AN UW SQUAT.

If you believe I am wrong give me vid links, please,
to ultra wide, thick legged squatters going below PARA.

I read that he said "that is as low as my body (legs)will let me go"

narrow your stance and you'll get down there,
thats the easy part.
Your absolutely correct, the wider you go the harder it is to get down there. I have been widening my stance for the past 2 years and I cannot get below parallel till I have 300+ on the bar and can't get real low until 500+, still can't get anywhere near ass to the grass. If you can't get green lights with your stance, ya gotta change it, he got greens, go for it.

Mr. Methyl

Banned
Awards
I trained with these idiots who think you have to go ass to the ground in competition. They so jelous if you were stronger then they were, that no matter how ****ing low you went, they wanted you to go lower. Or it wasn't "legal".

Personally I believe for it to be a legal squat he would need to go two inches lower. Squatting "deep" is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. What good does it do for example, to squat 6 inches lower then he is? Or farther down? Not a damn thing, just asking for injury.

I wonder what the most he could lift with just a belt and knee wraps would be. I would bet that he wouldn't be able to do 1,000. Hell, he may not even be able to do more then 870-880.

Still, 1220 lbs. on your back at the top is very, very impressive.

I'm wondering what the world record is with a belt and wraps in the squat. I doubt anyone has ever done 1,000.

Mr. Methyl

Banned
Awards
In fact, I really don't think anyone has ever done 900.

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
While I am sure I will get flamed for this because it wasn't at a powerlifting meet, paul anderson reportedly did mid 900lb squats. This was well before any sort of power lifting gear was created and for the most part, before steroids were really being used. I am sure a few others out there have done this as well.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
best i've seen on vid was john bernor, 720 x 5 with NO belt/NO wraps.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Dr Fred Hatfield broke the 1000 mark back around 1987 or so at 255lbs. Yes he had a suit, but it was just a regular nylon suit, no canvas/denim/3ply etc. Hence his name Dr Squat. Anyway to do that much weight without a suit would be pretty stupid, the suit adds a lot of protection and becomes a serious safety adative when doing extreme weights.

The unfortunate thing is that there are so many federations with different rules covering gear that it's hard to determine what is a true max. A bench record with a single ply vs Denim open back is going to be seriously different.

3 people broke 1000 in the late 80's/early 90s with single ply suits, Hatfield, Clark and another fella (the name eludes me) who died shortly there after. Ed Coan hit a grand in 98 at like 235lbs. I gotta tell you when someone my size or smaller is squatting 1000+ that's when I'm really impressed! I'm not sure what type of suit Coan where's, he wears Inzer but I don't know what was available in 98.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
best i've seen on vid was john bernor, 720 x 5 with NO belt/NO wraps.
he is just a freak of nature, i read his log all the time and the stuff he does just amazes me

and for everyone else we will find out what the best raw is after this weekend, nerb is happening on saturday

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
whats a "backlift" cos 6270lbs is a hell of a lot of weight! This is from the paul Anderson link...

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
whats a "backlift" cos 6270lbs is a hell of a lot of weight! This is from the paul Anderson link...
It's a link, follow it and it explains. Basically get under a platform and lift it with your back.