Poobah's - 340 pound Bench

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wasn't sure where to post this... But I figure This is as good place as any.. Lately I've been really starting to warm up to the powerlifting. I have big plans.. lol

--

No not a huge deal for many.. but it's 25 more pounds then I singled just a few weeks ago.. So I'm stoked about it.. infact, I think I had 10 more pounds in me, but I'll let you be the judge of that.

Here's the vid. :twisted:

http://mightysworld.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-144

400 pounds is becoming a reality faster then I imagined it would...

YAY ME!!!

--

For those interested, I find that the single max calculators are very accurate for me... Recently I've hit 260 for 10 (well 9.76) reps.. which equats to approximately 340-350 pounds.

Warm up looked like this.

Simple stretching and windmills.
10 x 80 tricep pushdowns.
bar x 6 (stretching)
135 x 5
225 x 2 (did a second just to work on form.. specifically keeping my base, shoulder blades tight and pinched. and my lats fully active and my elbows in to take advantage of it)
285 x 1
340 x 1
355 x 0 form went to hell.. Check it.

http://mightysworld.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-145

275 x 6
275 x 4

Just wanted you all to know how well I've been doing.. (granted The slimming down hasn't been a priority.. lol).

Peace.

*Big thanks to Mighty for help with the clips. ;)

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Nice work Poobah. Good speed, too. If you used the technique that some guys do you would be able to put up a lot more.

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nice work Poobah. Good speed, too. If you used the technique that some guys do you would be able to put up a lot more.
Thanks man.. It's intentional.. Rushing creates to much momentum, and trying to stop it and reverse it to quick, is a good way to blow out a shoulder. I didn't feel a bit of pain that lift.. and That means I can lift again.. ;)

Sucky part is I got whip lash last friday.. Took 6 days off.. thought I was ready last night... but after that lift, and the following lifts.. I completely strained the whiplash, and it's worse then ever... I had my first visit with a chiropracter this morning... I'm probably out of the gym for another week, and my deads and legs are loosing 2 weeks of training.. and it pisses me off. (see I'm becoming a powerlifter.. I get pissed off when I can't dead or squat... lol)

peace man. :)

hawkeyes56

Awards
congrats on the bench poobah... the form looked great... you definitely have more pounds in ya and if you decide to get a shirt you are absolutely at the 400lb threshold... keep up the heavy lifting

Phoenix rising

Awards
Sucky part is I got whip lash last friday.. Took 6 days off.. thought I was ready last night... but after that lift, and the following lifts.. I completely strained the whiplash, and it's worse then ever... I had my first visit with a chiropracter this morning... I'm probably out of the gym for another week, and my deads and legs are loosing 2 weeks of training.. and it pisses me off. (see I'm becoming a powerlifter.. I get pissed off when I can't dead or squat... lol)
peace man. :)[/quote]

Poobah whiplash will cause trauma to the fascia. You will need a good chiropractor that is trained in ART or someone trained in myofascia release.

Truck 44

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
nice bench poobah, I am glad to see that I am not the only one that brings the bar down real slow. I get picked on about how slow I bring the bar down on my max lifts. also, great music on the video.

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys..

I've seen a neck breaker twice now since that bench on thursday. if it was up to him i'd be seeing him ever wednesday for the rest of my life.. lol

I'm about 75%... I have almost a full range of motion now.. but I have to move slowly to get there. I still have alot o tightness aswell on the back right hand side.

I'm healing though... I should be good to go soon.