Todays shoulder workout

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
I wanted to see if I could still lift shoulders without much pain, I haven't really trained them much at all since my shoulders started giving me problems about three weeks ago. I was suprised at how heavy I could go without pain, of course the biceps tendon doesn't really come into play with shoulder presses.

Shoulder presses (DB):
115'sx10
135'sx10
155'sx10
175'sx10

Side laterals (did hurt a little, done with cables):
80x10x3sets

No front raises because of the bicep tendonitis, doc's orders

Triceps
DB floor presses w/purple band (hands facing eachother, hurt a little bit)
115'sx10x3set

DB rollbacks
80'sx10x3sets

I had to quit after this because I had to run to organic chem lab. I still feel like it was a decent workout even though it was short. I also feel like I should have gone heavier on my shoulder presses but I didn't have spotters that felt like they could hand me any heavier db's.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
that's some nice db presses right there, how heavy do they go in your gym?

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
that's some nice db presses right there, how heavy do they go in your gym?
We have an adjustable set of dumbells, the bar weighs 15lbs and you just slap plates on it. Once it gets it the 175-200lb range you have to pick it up by the plates because there is no bar left to grab, lol. My college gym is pretty ghetto and they refuse to get more equipment because most everyone else is weak. They even have some new bars that they won't put out until I graduate :) , I have kinda bent up all the others

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
We have an adjustable set of dumbells, the bar weighs 15lbs and you just slap plates on it. Once it gets it the 175-200lb range you have to pick it up by the plates because there is no bar left to grab, lol. My college gym is pretty ghetto and they refuse to get more equipment because most everyone else is weak. They even have some new bars that they won't put out until I graduate :) , I have kinda bent up all the others
haha, but i bet there wont be another person in there for a long time pressin like you press

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
haha, but i bet there wont be another person in there for a long time pressin like you press
I don't know, I have a lot of cousins graduating from HS in the next couple of years and they all have the Winters' family strength. I hope that at least one of them comes to my college, just to piss of the guy who runs the gym, lol.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
175 DB shoulder press is sick man. Good job.

BHERTZ

Awards
dear lord, those #'s are huge for military press.

what school do you go to?

also guyfromkop - i grew up in kutztown, and go to school at lafayette in easton, pa. you arent all that far....when i graduate in may ill prob be down in the kop/philly area

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
dear lord, those #'s are huge for military press.

what school do you go to?

also guyfromkop - i grew up in kutztown, and go to school at lafayette in easton, pa. you arent all that far....when i graduate in may ill prob be down in the kop/philly area
I go to Manchester College in North Manchester, IN....I seriously doubt you have heard of it, its a very small private school.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 67
BeastFitness1 General Chat 15
phatmike0704 Anabolics 3
srocco112 Anabolics 36
FitModel Nutrition / Health 7