Bill Kazmaier: Greatest of All Times

Level
    Lv. Percent
    80%

Bill Kazmaier: Greatest of All Times

*Disclaimer - Newbs need not argue that a 1000 bench compares to a 661 unsuited*

Bill Kazmaier is undoubtedly the best Strongman and Powerlifter of all times. In a time when only 5 men in the history of the world had benched 600 lbs, he did 600 FIVE TIMES! He set numerous records, including World Record Total, Deadlift, Bench, Overhead DB Press, Thomas Inch etc... just to name a few.

His Total sets him apart from the rest of the powerlifters. 2425 is undoubtedly the most amazing lift every accomplished. Gary Frank's lifts were suited @ 2800. Gene Rylacheck with a suit gets 400 lbs OFF HIS BENCH ALONE! No one has ever combined the three lifts in such a dominant manner, and in a time when the norm was 1gram a week, not 10grams a week with Slin, GH, IGF-1, PGF2, Myostatin Inhibitors etc... Bill Kazmaier was a man amongst boys and his prowess has yet to be touched today in the realm of Powerlifting.

Bill Kazmaier was also the Greatest Worlds Strongest Man Competitor to ever walk the face of the earth. He competed once and got 7 1sts, 2 2nds and a third. There has never been such a dominating performance. He doubled 1005 Dollar Deadlift like it was a joke. He tossed the implements when others had to run with them. He squatted over 900 lbs when a shadow like Mariusz could only rep 700 8 times.

Bill Kazmaier is not only the Strongest Man every, but the World's Greatest Strongman! He is a philanthropist in every definition of the word. He gave his life to the lord jesus christ and has spent the last 15 years touring the country reaching out to children. He opens their eyes and ears with great feats of strength, opens their hearts with his testimonial of the strength of love, and saves their souls with the word of god. He has toured with the YMCA, a Strength Team, Strive, and MET-Rx around the country reaching out to Armed Forces, Business Executives, Children, Lost Teens etc. just trying to do the one thing he promised he would do as he won his third Worlds Strongest Man title: Give Back.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.77%

Seeing Kaz in the old WSM competitions on ESPN is amazing, he kicked everyones ass.......looking at him now he still is a monster.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.9%

I agree a 1000lb shirted bench is not the same as a 660 raw bench but you have to realise the shirt does not lift the weight for you and you still have to be strong as **** to bench 1000lbs no matter what shirt you are wearing.

In fact, Scott Mendelson who now holds the world record bench at 1008 lbs also has done 713-715 (can't remeber exactly) totally raw.

Back on topic, Kaz is and was a monster. I would love to see Kaz in his prime comepet against Pudz. I love Pudz but I have a feeling Kaz would kick his ass.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.39%

Kaz is the man. No doubt. How do you know though that he was only using 1gram/week???
  5. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.62%

Quote Originally Posted by klugman
    Kaz is the man. No doubt. How do you know though that he was only using 1gram/week???
    it was probably more like 4 or 5gs a week
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.13%

The greatest thing about Kaz was that he was strong as **** but if somebody challenged him he would push himself to the point that not many people will because he was soo damn competitive. He was a man amongst boys back then. I've seen a clip from one of the strong man competitions where he was going against Lou Ferrigno and just destroyed him. Kaz was not only stron but was an athlete too.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.71%

http://www.irongame.com/videos/other...0in%20Sumo.wmv

the first one of my favorite vids, shows how massive that freak was.

the second he had to pump himself up bigtime because he was against that behemoth.

great intensity
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.39%

Quote Originally Posted by kelsey

the second he had to pump himself up bigtime because he was against that behemoth.

great intensity
    great vids dude!!!

thanks a bunch. If you have more of Kaz, please post!!!
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.13%

Quote Originally Posted by kelsey

great intensity

One word: BEAST
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.71%

www.irongame.com
    Go to the other section

scrolldown and there is some.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.44%

yup he was the ****in greatest and still is.How he tossed that guy lol.I could watch all his own old **** instead of these new guys out now,there nothing compared to what he was.when he was bending thos bars over there heads he had like 5 towles on his head but looks like he got hurt doin it classic **** i love it to this day!!!!
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.63%

I read an interview somewhere that it takes him 5 min just to crawl out of bed in the morning. His body is a wreck now.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Greatest Metallica Song of all time.
    By dynomite in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 11:07 AM
  2. 40 greatest legs of all time training guide.
    By pistonpump in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 12:30 AM
  3. Greatest Rock Song Of All Time ---post It!
    By Vicarious in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-05-2007, 03:58 PM
  4. Greatest NFL owner of all time
    By az2u in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 01:18 PM