Rehab benching

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
Well, I have long head bicep tendonitis and that is what has been causing my shoulder pains. I decided I would get around this by using bands, so the weight feels light at the bottom and doesn't hurt at all. I did my reps like I would be doing with speed bench, but wore out pretty fast because of the higher weights. I could have done more set and more weight but I want to see how I feel tomorrow and the day after before I decide to go too heavy.
Flat bench:
Doubled purples + bar x10reps
Doubled purples + blue bands and the bar x5reps explosive
Doubled purples + blue bands and 135lbs x3 explosive
Doubled purples + blue bands and 225 x3 explosive
Doubled purples + blue bands and 275 x3 explosive
Doubled purples + blue bands and 315 x3 explosive
Tate presses:
100lb db's x3sets of 10
DB floor press with blue bands (only goes up to 100's)
100lb db's X3sets of 10

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
so the weight feels light at the bottom. Doubled purples + blue bands and 315 x3 explosive
Thats lite? Man, remimd me never to bench with you. :)

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
From what I have been told its somwhere around 850-900lbs, but I am not completely sure. It wasn't very much weight at the bottom and it didn't seem to make my shoulders hurt at all which is what I was going for (it should also help with my weak point so that an added bonus :) ). The bands were brand new and did give me more resistance that I had expected, but it wasn't too bad.

Last edited:
Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
cool deal, i remember you saying you had lockout problems. this should definately remedy that.