Mendy 1008lbs bench

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Mendy benched an official 1008 at the Ironman competition in Pasadena, California. He went for 1031 but couldn't get it. On his last attempt he went for 1049 and ended up tearing his shirt.

This information taken from another forum

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
WIsh I woulda have known about this. I'm very close to Pasadena.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
nope, just throwing up an old one for others to see him. should've clarified that, sorry. i believe he misses 1008 in that one, 2nd lift.

boomr

Board Supporter
Awards
good god, a 1000 + lbs.....I can't even fathom moving that much weight....here I had a max (at one point in time..hehe) of 375 and thought..hmm not bad...sigh...:box:

FINAFINAFINA

Banned
Awards
Triple ply shirts make a MOCKERY out of the sport! It is like a circus. What is next, nano-suits that work along with my muscle and and allow me to bench 5k? Why not just put a forklift under the bar and we can pretend im doing 10k. BTW Gene went 1" out of the groove of his suit and ripped his pec off. He has admitted he can't go over 600 w/o a suit but he can do 1005 with one? What gives?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree, I find it to be nonsense. They should keep it all raw.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
oh the never ending gear or no gear in powerlifting argument, when will it ever end?????

and just for the record, mendy can bench close to 700? raw dog, so his raw strenght is crazy too.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I agree, I find it to be nonsense. They should keep it all raw.
i agree too, even with my fucked up pec, lol. triple ply's aren't allowed that i know of, not sure where fina got that from (looks like he's banned now anyway). the federation rules that i've read don't allow anymore than double ply's, and i doubt they'll allow more. i do wish they'd take it down a notch though, to no more than a single ply, simply for protection. most guys get out of a single ply is ~50-100lbs.

anadrol75

Awards
I just got Kennelly's video Road to the Arnold. I'l have to say I was impressed with his accomplishments. At one point he does 20 reps of 315 and 20 reps of 405 raw on endurance day. It was a pretty good video.

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
oh the never ending gear or no gear in powerlifting argument, when will it ever end?????

and just for the record, mendy can bench close to 700? raw dog, so his raw strenght is crazy too.
Mendy holds the the RAW record at 715lbs.

IMO he cant be anything but the best bencher ever.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
for now, anywayz. if nickw stays healthy, watch out. a guy at 24 y/o that can raw bench 655 x 2 is destined for great things.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
from the man himself. there's no doubt in my mind brutha. you are the next record holder for RAW bench.

Truck 44

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I believe it is just a matter of time, before NickW gets him some records.

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
LOL, Mendy is 40+, powerlifters don't hit there prime until mid/late thirties. I do plan on making Mendy real nervous after my meet in New England.
Wow, didnt know that. Do you have a time frame in which ud like to get the record?

Gettinpumped

Gettinpumped

Awards
  • Established
Mendy is a monster but damn NickW Im sure u'll beat his record soon

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Big deal the guy got 1000 lbs. I saw another thread where a guy did 1200 pound. ;) LOL

CROWLER

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i think the 1008 he did is a little suspect, noone's seen a video of it yet. and i was there at the arnold when he tried 1014 and he wasnt anywhere close to locking that puppy out either time

olympia2110

Awards
i am so happy that mendy beat genes record. its more impressive watching someone do that weight that isnt a fat slob

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mmafighter170 Powerlifting/Strongman 2