Deadlift grip? Need some help.
- 01-15-2006, 04:26 PM
- 01-15-2006, 04:41 PM
Back and Trap work will strengthen your grip. Forearm work will help too. Try chalk, thats what i use.
- 01-15-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by blahblah192
AdamsThe Historic PES Legend
01-15-2006, 11:55 PM
The more you train heavy deads the stronger your grip will become. You may want to utilize a hook grip by hooking your thimb under the bar and wrapping over it with your fingers.
01-16-2006, 09:32 AM
Chalk really helped me also.They have grippers for sale too on certain powerlifting sites that are suppose to help grip.Originally Posted by MadMas
01-16-2006, 12:35 PM
01-16-2006, 01:20 PM
My dead lift skyrocketed but my grip didn't keep up so I started using straps.....problem was solved...so i thought.
I could do a lot more weight but I never trained without straps after starting. So now im paying the price getting my grip back up to speed.
01-16-2006, 01:28 PM
I use captain of crush grippers and rack deads with a thicker bar (or towels wrapped around a regular one) and a 5 second hold at the top.
01-16-2006, 01:31 PM
yea i stopped using my straps a long time ago and havent looked back, the only thing i use them for is bent over rows
01-16-2006, 02:01 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By good_guye28 in forum Cycle InfoReplies: 0Last Post: 12-08-2003, 04:28 PM
- By LHDan in forum AnabolicsReplies: 3Last Post: 07-17-2003, 09:50 PM
- By Matthew D in forum General ChatReplies: 10Last Post: 04-04-2003, 09:23 AM
- By Matt T in forum General ChatReplies: 4Last Post: 02-15-2003, 06:10 PM
- By Matthew D in forum General ChatReplies: 7Last Post: 10-31-2002, 06:21 AM