Deadlift grip? Need some help.

1. Deadlift grip? Need some help.

I deadlift sets of 5 at 315. I have no problem doing the weight. The only thats holding me back is my grip. Half the time the weight is kinda dangling in my fingers and that hurts a lot. Is there any exercises I can do to improve my grip? Thanks.

blah

2. Back and Trap work will strengthen your grip. Forearm work will help too. Try chalk, thats what i use.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by blahblah192
    I deadlift sets of 5 at 315. I have no problem doing the weight. The only thats holding me back is my grip. Half the time the weight is kinda dangling in my fingers and that hurts a lot. Is there any exercises I can do to improve my grip? Thanks.

blah
    Static hangs will also strengthen your grip. Grip a chinup bar, and hang to 60 seconds at a time... add weight as needed.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

4. The more you train heavy deads the stronger your grip will become. You may want to utilize a hook grip by hooking your thimb under the bar and wrapping over it with your fingers.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MadMas
    Try chalk, thats what i use.
    Chalk really helped me also.They have grippers for sale too on certain powerlifting sites that are suppose to help grip.
    •   

6. My dead lift skyrocketed but my grip didn't keep up so I started using straps.....problem was solved...so i thought.
    I could do a lot more weight but I never trained without straps after starting. So now im paying the price getting my grip back up to speed.

7. I use captain of crush grippers and rack deads with a thicker bar (or towels wrapped around a regular one) and a 5 second hold at the top.

8. yea i stopped using my straps a long time ago and havent looked back, the only thing i use them for is bent over rows

9. weighted pull ups
    for grip
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. ok guys i need some help with cutting....
    By good_guye28 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 05:28 PM
  2. My first transdermal cycle, need some help
    By LHDan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 10:50 PM
  3. Need some help with items for a care package
    By Matthew D in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-04-2003, 10:23 AM
  4. need some help with WinMX